• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

American Presidential Election Thread, 2020 Edition

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Pence and Trump are representative of two extremist right branches in the US. Pence feels more alluring because he wouldn't be as loud mouthed as Trump and would know what to say and not to say at times... But that's not necessarily good, for Pence is extremely harmful in of himself. He just represents the old-fashioned style Republican that is very hateful and supports all kinds of discrimination but does it behind a decently composed man in a suit facade that is able to appeal to Republicans and other people who want "normalcy".

Conservatives are having a really bad week at the Supreme Court.
Gotta love that even the man in the Supreme Court seat that Trump/the GOP stole from President Obama and of whom the GOP planted isn't always siding with them.

It was a very nice change of pace, and really nice to see discrimination against LGBT people in the workplace made illegal in the entire USA.

The one problem with this is that the Republican base is mobilized by the Supreme Court, and now Trump has an argument to make with the base that the Court doesn't have enough Republican seats. In fact, he already did this on Twitter earlier today.

Leftists don't seem to understand the importance of the Supreme Court enough, which is a big problem. I feel like we got lucky with the last two cases. But say it does hold, but Trump gets elected again... The Supreme Court will be stacked even further and we won't be able to be so lucky anymore.

We should be mobilized by the Supreme Court just as much as Republicans.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Knowing Ruth Bader Ginsberg's days as a Supreme Court Justice could be numbered should be motivation enough to vote blue. A Supreme Court with 6 conservatives could be devastating for America.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Knowing Ruth Bader Ginsberg's days as a Supreme Court Justice could be numbered should be motivation enough to vote blue. A Supreme Court with 6 conservatives could be devastating for America.
Same thing with Clarence Thomas.

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score
Leftists don't seem to understand the importance of the Supreme Court enough, which is a big problem.
The Very Online Left seems to have grown increasingly fatalistic since Bernie’s campaign ended. I’ve even seen a few who say they’re ready to quit on liberal democracy altogether. Thankfully, these are people who are massively over represented online, but don’t have much presence in the real world.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
The Very Online Left seems to have grown increasingly fatalistic since Bernie’s campaign ended. I’ve even seen a few who say they’re ready to quit on liberal democracy altogether. Thankfully, these are people who are massively over represented online, but don’t have much presence in the real world.
Unfortunately this is true. There is a number of people who lean left that are convinced we are doomed to 4 more hellish years of Trump. A number happen to be fans of Bernie Sanders or Andrew Yang. They've given up. This fatalist mentality though is gonna hurt us more than anything.

Also worth noting this article from NPR. I think recent events have suggested Biden will reclaim Michigan and he'll likely hold onto Nevada and New Hampshire. Wisconsin, Florida, and Pennsylvania are the states Biden has a chance of winning if he doesn't do anything really stupid in the next 5 months and if we see another record turnout from Democrats, like we did in 2018.

In Wisconsin, Biden currently leads in polls and Trump has a low approval rating there. This is a state Obama won twice. In Pennsylvania, Biden leads in the polls and Trump only won by about 44k. Florida is gonna take a strong Democrat voter turnout to reclaim it. Biden can win though if he just gets Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, which are probably the best chances he has.

Last edited:
Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
One interesting thing to note is that online in just one community I have seen several former Bernie-or-Busters decide to vote for Biden with just the events of the last month. I don't understand how they snapped now, as nothing Trump has done recently has been out of character for him, but I'm glad to see it.

Thank you,Eren
Reaction score
One interesting thing to note is that online in just one community I have seen several former Bernie-or-Busters decide to vote for Biden with just the events of the last month. I don't understand how they snapped now, as nothing Trump has done recently has been out of character for him, but I'm glad to see it.
Glad to hear some of them are coming around. I get so angry about Bernie or Busters myself. I really wanted Bernie to win and Im pretty mad about him losing still but I understand now that its just not gonna happen and Biden has my vote because I really dont want Trump to win. I wish more of them understood that.

Shaking my head
Reaction score
So... I heard that Trump had his first rally in a long time in Tulsa.

The reviews are already coming in:

hZADRBy.png

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score
Too bad he doesn't have Sean Spicer anymore to use 'alternative facts' to make it out to have been packed full. :LOL:
It's OK, he's got Parscale to tell us protesters weren't letting people in the arena. Yes, that's the excuse they're going with.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
I heard he also had some kind of outdoor event planned, and it got canceled because not enough people showed up to it. :ROFLMAO:

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I heard a bunch of teenagers and K-Pop stans reserved hundreds of tickets without the intention of going. He's thought he was gonna get a very large number of supporters at this rally, only for about 6,200 to show. This is utterly hilarious. Hoping they do this for more of his rallies.

Thank you,Eren
Reaction score
I heard a bunch of teenagers and K-Pop stans reserved hundreds of tickets without the intention of going. He's thought he was gonna get a very large number of supporters at this rally, only for about 6,200 to show. This is utterly hilarious. Hoping they do this for more of his rallies.
LOL he got trolled hard

Not looking good for Trumpy that a lot of people wont show up for his rally

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
LOL he got trolled hard

Not looking good for Trumpy that a lot of people wont show up for his rally
Think about how his week has turned out.
1. The Supreme Court ruled he can'd put an end to DACA.
2. The Supreme Court ruled that employers could not discriminate against LGBT employees.
3. John Bolton's book was allowed to be released.
4. Only about 6,200 people showed up to his latest rally and he was trolled by teens and K-Pop stans.
5. John Bolton shreds him apart on TV.

Its not been a good week at all for him and it brings me so much joy. Hopefully this is just the beginning of the end of this nightmare.

Thank you,Eren
Reaction score
Think about how his week has turned out.
1. The Supreme Court ruled he can'd put an end to DACA.
2. The Supreme Court ruled that employers could not discriminate against LGBT employees.
3. John Bolton's book was allowed to be released.
4. Only about 6,200 people showed up to his latest rally and he was trolled by teens and K-Pop stans.
5. John Bolton shreds him apart on TV.

Its not been a good week at all for him and it brings me so much joy. Hopefully this is just the beginning of the end of this nightmare.
I wouldnt underestimate his base, they may still vote for him

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score