American Presidential Election Thread, 2020 Edition

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score
Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Yeah, and Cunningham has a shot at beating Tom Tillis, so I'd be pretty irritated too if this cost the Democrats the Senate majority, and there are a few seats that could get flipped. It is possible they could flip the senate namely with Martha McSally's seat, Susan Collin's seat, and possibly even Lindsay Graham's seat. If we can't flip the senate and Biden wins, its still gonna be difficult for him to undo a lot of the damage Trump has done.

If those 3 seats were flipped and Cunningham's scandal ruined their chances at the majority, we'd still have a 50-50 split. That would still be good because if Biden won, Kamala Harris would be the tie breaker. Unfortunately though, Lindsay Graham might be slightly less likely to flip, and Doug Jones is very vulnerable, so even without Collins and McSally, it would still be a 52-48 Republican majority.

Last edited:
Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Forecast update: Economist model gives Biden a 92% chance of winning; FiveThirtyEight has it at 85%. Expect those to go up if Trump can’t gain any ground as Election Day nears.
How does that compare to Hillary Clinton?

Also, here are some things worth noting for 2020...
A. Trump's performance as president is generally viewed unfavorably, with his average approval rating being around 40% His approval rating has never reached 50%.
B. Trump's numerous scandals, one of which got him impeached after he held a quid pro quo against the Ukraine, holding back military aid unless they investigated Hunter Biden.
C. Trump's handling of COVID-19 has been a huge deal breaker for many, and its been viewed as a complete failure.
D. Currently, Joe Biden doesn't have any major scandals that have opened up major FBI investigations.
F. Trump has lost the support of numerous Republicans who voted for him.

Last edited:
Shaking my head
Reaction score
Going to be really ticked off if Cunningham’s stupidity costs the Democrats a Senate majority.
Polls seem to continue to favor Cunningham.

Trump's election proved that voters don't care about politicians cheating on their wife. I'm not saying that's right, I'm merely saying that this is how it is now.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
This could be a warning sign for Trump. He has been losing support among seniors, largely due to his handling of COVID-19. In Florida's largest retirement community, The Villages, a massive caravan of golf carts emerged full of Biden supporters.

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score
This could be a warning sign for Trump. He has been losing support among seniors, largely due to his handling of COVID-19. In Florida's largest retirement community, The Villages, a massive caravan of golf carts emerged full of Biden supporters.
Who would have thought "sacrifice grandma for the economy" wouldn't play well with grandma?

Shaking my head
Reaction score
Hear me roar!
Reaction score
It says a lot when the Taliban endorses Trump and Sweedish climate change activist Greta Thunberg endorses Joe Biden in the same day.

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score

Vote for Biden so our government will actually do something about this.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Reaction score
RNCC is running a commercial here, saying if you elect the Democrat there will be no air travel with the Green Deal.

Silly me, I thought the Republican President was doing no air travel with companies shutting down.

Your Mind Will Be Blown
Reaction score
So, basically, Trump has achieved making the dangerous Islam extremists happy, while ending up alienating only all of the peaceful followers of Islam?
Im honestly mindboggled by this as I didnt see them as being any fans of him. Getting the endorsement of the fucking Taliban? Is there anything worse for him? I cant really think of much.