• Hey all it's dig, I'm delighted to announce that Magnificent Entertainer will be taking over as our Head Administrator, and Neo Blaze will be our new Deputy Head Administrator!

Please read this post for more details on the changes to our forum leadership. Thanks.

• EmceePinks, is currently shiny hunting here. Please go watch!

American Presidential Election Thread, 2020 Edition

Reaction score
For incoming 46th President's actions-
A lot of work in a lot of areas-

(I'm forgetting if someone already shared this before, apologies for that, but re-sharing is still worthwhile:
NPR 2020-11-09 article)

Copypasted section titles:

What Biden says he'll do on Day 1 or beforehand

- COVID-19: Assemble a coronavirus task force during his presidential transition
- COVID-19: Push for immediate coronavirus legislation
- COVID-19: Release a vaccine distribution plan
- COVID-19: Listen to science by rejoining WHO and keeping Fauci as a close adviser

- Economy: Reverse Trump's corporate tax cut

- Environment: Make the U.S. an international leader on climate change

- Racial equity: Extend the Voting Rights Act

- Immigration: Comprehensive immigration changes
- Immigration: Stop family separation at the U.S.-Mexico border
- Immigration: End Trump's executive order banning travelers from some Muslim-majority countries

What Biden says he'll do during his first 100 days

- Immigration: Reverse a slew of Trump policies, including the construction of a U.S.-Mexican border wall

- Criminal justice: Increase police reform
- Criminal justice: Enact comprehensive criminal justice reform

- Foreign policy: Repair alliances and plan a global Summit for Democracy

Other potential early policy steps

- Economy: Make major investments in the U.S. economy to boost domestic growth

- Environment: Start on a $2 trillion climate plan

- Health care: Build on the Affordable Care Act if it isn't too late

- Education: Make first moves in a large education agenda

Obviously not everything will go well nor according to stated plan. That never happens, certainly not at the top levels of government. (with exception to New Zealand's COVID-19 handling, maybe, more or less? and other rare moments)

And of course the Senate is currently 46+2 Democrats (with some quite center or center-right) and 50 Republicans.

But at least the plan exists and sounds like it's in decent alignments.

Reaction score
TechSkyLander, this is incredible. : o
Thank you for sharing the document, with the notes and considerations above (which i quoted and also truncated for my quote).

At least 700 pages, and nominally 263k words. quotes, with dates, and links (to direct twitter post, White House briefings site, and some other places), and as you said, some quotes too long, quoted instead as screen-captures, still sorted (images are helpful, too).

I don't think I will directly use it much, but who knows, I may be referencing it in the next month, or year, or years from now.

That's a good amount of work, and it's good to know something like this exists. That's cool that you did this, and thanks again for sharing.
Haha, thank you! Here's hoping some good can come out of it!

Reaction score
If you are why The GOP is tolerating Squattergate

I am publicly apologizing for statements about President Richard M. Nixon. The GOP found a way to fall off the floor.

Last edited:
Gather round, people, I'll tell you a story
Reaction score
Richmond’s my former congressman, so this is pretty cool.
Cedric Richmond has also taken over $300,000 from the fossil fuel industry, so the idea that he could possibly be an objective "liason" between climate activists and industry is an absolute joke. He's a hawk to a ridiculous degree on fossil fuels, especially oil, and his joining the administration in this role is not a good thing.

Reaction score
Cedric Richmond has also taken over $300,000 from the fossil fuel industry, so the idea that he could possibly be an objective "liason" between climate activists and industry is an absolute joke. He's a hawk to a ridiculous degree on fossil fuels, especially oil, and his joining the administration in this role is not a good thing.
I was so excited. I still don't know much of anything, but I'm deflated, at the moment.
That was one of the big bad things about Congressman Beto O'Rourke.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
I see the GOP tried to fail to certify the Wayne county votes in Michigan (but it didn't work, thankfully).

If I'm hearing this right, they were trying to go ahead and certify the state without the Wayne county votes, giving the whole state to Trump.

All of this happened in a flash and I completely missed it. The GOP could have taken one major step to stealing the election just like that. And I'm left wondering how in the world they have this much power to be so crooked. I shouldn't even have to worry about this kind of thing, much less almost see it happen.

Please tell me I'm just seen this oversensationalized and it never was going to be anything to begin with... Otherwise, IDK what is wrong with this country.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
The corruption of the GOP under Trump is sickening. They've always been corrupt, but the party has devolved into a disgusting mess that no longer bares any resemblance to the party before Trump. Its basically a cult dedicated to one man. The extreme lengths they've gone to just to overturn this election in Trump's favor is sickening. These scumbags sat there accusing the Democrats of trying to overturn the 2016 election for years, which is one of the most idiotic statements when you realize removing Trump wouldn't overturn anything. Pence would have been president if Trump was removed before his loss. It wouldn't have made Hillary president. And what's the GOP trying to do right now? Trying to overturn the 2020 election with baseless claims of voter fraud and illegal votes.

Last edited:
Joe Biden stan account
Reaction score
Cedric Richmond has also taken over $300,000 from the fossil fuel industry... He's a hawk to a ridiculous degree on fossil fuels, especially oil...
I was so excited. I still don't know much of anything, but I'm deflated, at the moment.
Richmond represents Louisiana, where oil and gas account for nearly 30 percent of the state’s economy. He did what his constituents elected him to do.

Shaking my head
Reaction score
I see the GOP tried to fail to certify the Wayne county votes in Michigan (but it didn't work, thankfully).

If I'm hearing this right, they were trying to go ahead and certify the state without the Wayne county votes, giving the whole state to Trump.

All of this happened in a flash and I completely missed it. The GOP could have taken one major step to stealing the election just like that. And I'm left wondering how in the world they have this much power to be so crooked. I shouldn't even have to worry about this kind of thing, much less almost see it happen.

Please tell me I'm just seen this oversensationalized and it never was going to be anything to begin with... Otherwise, IDK what is wrong with this country.
This will make you feel better. Those two GOP toadies got utterly eviscerated during a Zoom meeting:

View: https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1328882122724155393

Shaking my head
Reaction score
Sorry for doubleposting, but this one is its own discussion. Georgia is seriously in play and if Trump continues to rage at the Republican governor for refusing to illegally give him Biden's electoral votes then a depressed Trump voters turnout might give the Dems those two senate seats.

View: https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1328901435103326209

Reaction score
I forgot to share this here. My share here probably won't impact any, but still doing so. It's time-sensitive to today.
Realized it's already past 1700 hours postmark for USPS in EST, but if you're a resident of Georgia and out-of-state to the west, you can still submit immediately?

Looks like absentee ballot registration deadline is today. I mean, I'm sure everyone has already voted in the previous elections, but if you know any who are turning 18, while also being out of town... tiny subset of people with miniscule time window, but whatever.

Also remind anyone who fits the unlikely case of not registered to vote, and/or just turning 18 while in Georgia, that registration deadline is Dec 07.

1605737866414.png

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Georgia is seriously in play and if Trump continues to rage at the Republican governor for refusing to illegally give him Biden's electoral votes then a depressed Trump voters turnout might give the Dems those two senate seats.
Oh how I love it when the Trump Administration plays itself lmao.

But I'm not gonna hold my breath on this one either.