• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really concerns me and makes me dread this election is seeing how Biden is preforming with Gen Z and Millenials. The strong dislike for Donald Trump among 18-30 year old Democrats and Independents just might not be enough.
I think we were spoiled by Obama. For many of us in that age group, his 2008 campaign was our introduction to the electoral process, and we didn’t realize his style wasn’t the norm.

Why do I feel like those daily Coronavirus press briefings are hurting him. Like he just started doing them again, but of course it ended with him throwing a tantrum because he got a tough question and responded poorly as usual. Has hasn't done one since.

Trump throws tantrums about a lot of things that dont go his way. Thats a large part of why he's such a terrible leader and why he needs to be voted out, I hope these push more people away from voting him in Nov, I can imagine most people are beyond sick of hearing about his meltdowns at this point.

Even though I have nothing against Klobuchar, I don't really see what she adds to the ticket. Plus, there's the risk of losing a Senate seat.

On the flip side, it would be kind of cool to have a Vice President who narrated NFL Films.

I have heard a few younger voters say they don't like Biden, so they aren't voting. If you are thinking that 4 more years of Trump won't be that bad, just realize any Supreme Court justice Trump appoints could be seated for 20 or 3o years. Do you want that?
If many young voters simply can't like Biden, there should be a campaign to explain why not voting at all would be bad. You'd think it would be obvious, but apparently not.
There are two common arguments I hear from young voters on the left. The first is that both parties are the same, which is ridiculous and requires extreme levels of willful ignorance to believe. The second is the idea that a Trump second term will make things so bad that it'll spark a revolution. All I can say is look at what happened the last time the left tried that.

Last edited:
That sounds dangerously radical, and honestly stupid when eventually their stance will probably become more prevalent just by way of the young replacing the old. Hopefully the VP candidate changes their minds.

There are two common arguments I hear from young voters on the left. The first is that both parties are the same, which is ridiculous and requires extreme levels of willful ignorance to believe. The second is the idea that a Trump second term will make things so bad that it'll spark a revolution. All I can say is look at what happened the last time the left tried that.

They told us every step of these primaries that the Bernie revolution was going to happen, even when it became evident it wouldn't. If they think an actual revolution will happen, they're really not thinking clearly at all. The people couldn't even show up to vote for Bernie in the primaries. Sure, liberals do outnumber conservatives in the US, but that's taking into account the US's idea of liberals versus conservatives, which is far to the right to begin with (so US's liberals are more center than left), but the number of people who are for a 'revolution' are not there.

Most people who are US liberal just want the corrupt, incompetent Trump out of office. They're not going to stand up and fight for anything else.

You know, I really don't like Biden's "You ain't black." comment, and its definitely something that he's gonna have to do a lot to bounce back from, but I have to admit, its good that he at least acknowledged that he was wrong to make such a comment.

Its things like this though that make me dread this election. Any time I see a poll showing Biden doing better than Hillary, hear who Biden might pick for VP, or remember how the current situation we're in can really hurt Trump, Biden has to say something stupid like that.

You know, I really don't like Biden's "You ain't black." comment, and its definitely something that he's gonna have to do a lot to bounce back from, but I have to admit, its good that he at least acknowledged that he was wrong to make such a comment.

Its things like this though that make me dread this election. Any time I see a poll showing Biden doing better than Hillary, hear who Biden might pick for VP, or remember how the current situation we're in can really hurt Trump, Biden has to say something stupid like that.
FWIW, Ralph Northam seems to be doing just fine after poorly handling a similar incident.

Even though I have nothing against Klobuchar, I don't really see what she adds to the ticket. Plus, there's the risk of losing a Senate seat.

Seems like she won't be considered anymore in light of recent events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom