• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, with Kanye running, it actually worries me. There is always people who are gonna throw their vote away by writing in someone who has 0% chance of winning, whether because they don't like either of the candidates or just want to be funny. But with Kanye, its just different. He is still a big time musician, though rather questionable...it just feels like it would drag millennial's away from voting for Biden. I hope though that millennials understand how serious this is and how much is at stake. This isn't just any election. Its like Biden says. This is a battle for the soul of the nation. We're up against the most controversial and most hated president in modern histroy.

You know, with Kanye running, it actually worries me. There is always people who are gonna throw their vote away by writing in someone who has 0% chance of winning, whether because they don't like either of the candidates or just want to be funny. But with Kanye, its just different. He is still a big time musician, though rather questionable...it just feels like it would drag millennial's away from voting for Biden. I hope though that millennials understand how serious this is and how much is at stake. This isn't just any election. Its like Biden says. This is a battle for the soul of the nation. We're up against the most controversial and most hated president in modern histroy.

Kanye began his campaign by pushing an anti-vaccine, anti-abortion, pro-"return God" agenda. All which are things that will only alienate him among millennial. He's bipolar and utterly out of touch. Add to this that he won't even appear on the ballot in many states and I don't see why we should even continue to pay any attention to his doomed run.

Oh dear god! Only in America can you get terrible people running for presidency (first Trump and now Kanye). And Kim Kardashian as First Lady? At least Melania Trump has class (I actually like Melania, but not Donald).

And is it true that he is running for the "Birthday Party"? What the hell is that? I've heard of the Monster Raving Looney Party in the UK, but this is ridiculous. At least with some of the joke parties in the UK they have some sane policies, but where is West's policies? Like Trump, Kanye is out of touch with most Americans.

And what is worse is that he NEVER VOTED IN AN ELECTION!

Seriously, I can't believe that celebrities that have no policies are beginning to be elected throughout the world (and in particular the United States of America), but people who know what they are doing and have actual policies are neglected. I am concerned that it could soon happen here in Australia. But the main thing is that at the moment, Kanye has no access to the ballot as he missed the deadline in some states.

And Donald Trump talks about protecting the Second Amendment that allegedly protects people's rights to bear arms (which is not actually true), yet he tramples on the First Amendment that protects free speech and freedom of the press among others. You might not agree with the media, but they are practicing freedom of the press, which is guaranteed in the First Amendment.

Last edited:
Trump and his cronies (including in the Supreme Court) are also trampling all over the Establishment clause of the first amendment.

1. Oh dear god! Only in America can you get terrible people running for presidency (first Trump and now Kanye).

2. Seriously, I can't believe that celebrities that have no policies are beginning to be elected throughout the world (and in particular the United States of America),

1. *Stares in Brazil and Russia*

2. TBF, Trump’s hardly an anomaly in US history. Plenty of celebrities have been elected to high government offices, with varying degrees of success. Some notable examples:

1. *Stares in Brazil and Russia*

2. TBF, Trump’s hardly an anomaly in US history. Plenty of celebrities have been elected to high government offices, with varying degrees of success. Some notable examples:

Okay. I heard of Ronald Reagan (who was the US President at my time of birth) as well as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jesse Ventura; but the other three? I have some researching to do.

And to the comment above the one I quoted, I agree that there are far worse people in power throughout the world than in the United States like Maduro, Ortega and Bolsonaro, but we have seen some terrible leaders in the United States recently as well like Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Donald Trump. In fact, many countries have terrible leaders (in fact, we in Australia have one at the moment ourselves in Scott Morrison - who went on a holiday in Hawaii while there were bushfires* ravaging Australia last summer** - , and in the past with Tony Abbott and John Howard). I feel that populism that is sweeping the world is the problem as people who have no policies are getting elected just because of name recognition and appeals to the lowest denominator just to get elected (not to dismiss some who were actually successful) at the expense of people who have knowledge of what is going on.

I personally feel that Americans should vote on who would make the United States of America a better place by voting on substance and not appeal to the lowest common denominator, like many would-be Presidents (like Kanye). I think people should be better informed about who they want by studying their policies and following the election news by reputable sources and not the questionable outlets like Facebook. And I feel that I have just said should apply to all countries so people like Maduro, Ortega, Trump, Putin and Bolsonaro don't get elected to cause damage.

Research your candidates. Research the party's policies. Check out all media outlets, even the ones you don't normally agree with. And only vote after doing your research. If you can do research on consumer products (like a large television or a refrigerator), then you can easily research the candidates and their policies. And make sure your sources are credible.
-
* Wildfires for our North American visitors
** Winter in the Northern Hemisphere

This is really alarming. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if the administration manipulates the data to downplay the severity of the virus.

So with...
-Constantly slipping public trust with exceedingly low poll numbers.
-Very low approval raitings.
-A number of crises he's handled poorly, like COVID-19 and how he's handled Black Lives Matter protests.
-The economy suffering right now.
-His impeachment in 2019.
-And tons of Democrats who are ready to show up in big numbers to end his presidency.

What are the chances right now that we might finally be able to end this disastrous nightmare of a presidency?

So with...
-Constantly slipping public trust with exceedingly low poll numbers.
-Very low approval raitings.
-A number of crises he's handled poorly, like COVID-19 and how he's handled Black Lives Matter protests.
-The economy suffering right now.
-His impeachment in 2019.
-And tons of Democrats who are ready to show up in big numbers to end his presidency.

What are the chances right now that we might finally be able to end this disastrous nightmare of a presidency?

As of today, 93 percent, according to The Economist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom