• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the current situation reminds me a lot of this article of an interview Vox did with Lawrence Douglas, author of the book "Will He Go?".

It's actually a really good read and highlights many of the fears that I share with Douglas. As he puts it, I'm concerned that the constitution is ill-equipped because it wasn't written in mind of presidents who would refuse to concede defeat. Something which I'm very sure will happen if Trump is defeated on election day/week/month/however long it'll take.

Edit: Also I don't think legality is the point of this decision,

I'm concerned that the constitution is ill-equipped because it wasn't written in mind of presidents who would refuse to concede defeat. Something which I'm very sure will happen if Trump is defeated on election day/week/month/however long it'll take.
It doesn’t matter if Trump refuses to concede. If Biden wins, he becomes President on January 20th. The President doesn’t leave office, the office leaves him.

It doesn’t matter if Trump refuses to concede. If Biden wins, he becomes President on January 20th. The President doesn’t leave office, the office leaves him.
But it can act as a wedge to further split the country.

This should probably be a bigger story.
6B55BB71-A157-4D5F-91DA-6D5EF689D1B3.jpeg

What Trump is doing right now is absolutely sad. His claims that mail in voting is fraudulent is utterly baseless. He's going to do everything he can to stop it and everything he can to delay the election because he's scared. He's trailing in the polls by double digits. The country is going through a horrific pandemic that he has displayed absolute poor leadership in. The country is currently in an economic recession. He has done nothing to unite the country after George Floyd's murder and only set out to further divide us. Things do not look good for him at all. His strategy right now is going to be to continue to spread fear and hate, spread lies about vote in mail, and promise a vaccine. You also know he is going to go into October pushing some false story about Joe Biden to do everything he can to turn voters away. This year has been probably the most sickening I have ever seen out of him and we must do everything we can to end this madness.

Last edited:
Yes but he cant do anything about it. They can fucking drag him kicking and screaming if they have to
What Trump is doing right now is absolutely sad. His claims that mail in voting is fraudulent is utterly baseless. He's going to do everything he can to stop it and everything he can to delay the election because he's scared. He's trailing in the polls by double digits. The country is going through a horrific pandemic that he has displayed absolute poor leadership in. The country is currently in an economic recession. He has done nothing to unite the country after George Floyd's murder and only set out to further divide us. Things do not look good for him at all. His strategy right now is going to be to continue to spread fear and hate, spread lies about vote in mail, and promise a vaccine. You also know he is going to go into October pushing some false story about Joe Biden to do everything he can to turn voters away. This year has been probably the most sickening I have ever seen out of him and we must do everything we can to end this madness.
He is very obviously afraid of losing and knows he could lose, he's really scrambling and desperate. Hopefully enough people have had it with him that he will get voted out.

Our county election commissioner is predicting a 70% turn out in the vote by mail for November.

I assume it's because of the coal mines in Oreburgh and also the ironworks in Fuego? Both which represent industries that Trump promised to protect in the USA (even though they continued to collapse during the last four years).

On the other hand, Sinnoh is also home to renewable energy generation in Valley Windworks and Sunyshore City. Both which are dedicated to modern industries that Trump sought to undermine in the US.

I assume it's because of the coal mines in Oreburgh and also the ironworks in Fuego? Both which represent industries that Trump promised to protect in the USA (even though they continued to collapse during the last four years).

On the other hand, Sinnoh is also home to renewable energy generation in Valley Windworks and Sunyshore City. Both which are dedicated to modern industries that Trump sought to undermine in the US.

For that reason, I think it would probably be more precise to evaluate it by city rather than the region as a whole. Like maybe Twinleaf and Oreburgh are full of Trump supporters, but Jubilife and Sunyshore are more liberal.

This idea prompt, fuckin lol

What gym leaders do you think would vote for Trump

I'm gonna say Lt. Surge is the sort who would be like "Trump never got us another war so that's all that matters to me", Whitney is one of those Trump girls who just does it because her family is Republican and she likes that it makes people angry, Giovanni is a Trump donor who gets Team Rocket pardoned, and everyone else is a variant of strongly against him or "against him but tries to stay out of politics". 90% of it because of Pokemon's general "care about everyone" philosophy", and also because a lot of them are from Japan and would definitely not feel welcomed by Trump's racism, regardless of any deeper political philosophies.
  • Ramos would probably be sad about all the rollbacks on environmental protections
  • Blaine gets mad when he slips up on little things and doesn't shut up about "Thighland" and "the airports in the Revolutionary War"
  • Lenore probably fucking hates him, but she's never seemed like an angry sort to me, so I think she'd try to build community in her town and have these little museum projects where people get to learn more about other cultures and create bonds
I really want to pick a gym leader who fits for one of these clips but actually I don't think anyone does

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UMz4i2mkQo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb3ZbDB6syg

Whitney is one of those Trump girls who just does it because her family is Republican and she likes that it makes people angry,
I don't know, Whitney doesn't like that to me, but I feel she would be a Trump supporter if her friends are like that, considering she got into Pokémon because others got into it, too.

I don't know, Whitney doesn't like that to me, but I feel she would be a Trump supporter if her friends are like that, considering she got into Pokémon because others got into it, too.
Haha, that's probably more accurate, I'm just soured by Miltank.

What gym leaders do you think would vote for Trump

The other day I was thinking about how (morbidly) funny it is that Pokémon's version of America has a dusty old white politician (Drayden) adopting a young black girl and using his position to elevate her voice because he believes she represents the future. But then I thought, "Oh god, Drayden is going to turn out to be the reactionary racist uncle you didn't see coming, isn't he?"

It hurts to admit because I'm a Clay fan, but I feel like Clay would also vote for Trump. He's a wealthy entrepreneur of the mining industry, and the thing he found off-putting about Ghetsis was his careful, elaborate way of speaking. Clay would probably be suspicious of "elite politicians" and think that Trump "tells it like it is."

> Clay: I may not talk purty, but at least I'm an honest man.

I think Marlon is quite evidently a centrist who "doesn't like to think about politics" but also thinks that in the interest of "fairness" we should hear both sides out (even if one is a group of violent fascists). I mean, that's already just about explicit within the text in B2W2.

Last edited:
I’d imagine all the Ice, Water and Grass-type leaders would oppose Trump over his (lack of) environmental policy.

The other day I was thinking about how (morbidly) funny it is that Pokémon's version of America has a dusty old white politician (Drayden) adopting a young black girl and using his position to elevate her voice because he believes she represents the future. But then I thought, "Oh god, Drayden is going to turn out to be the reactionary racist uncle you didn't see coming, isn't he?"
Drayden: Iris, I never want you to feel like you need to be silenced because society doesn't want to listen to black women.
Iris: Aww, thanks, grandpa!
Drayden: Why, just look at Candace Owens! See how she's been able to be outspoken about issues important to her?
Iris: WHO

It hurts to admit because I'm a Clay fan, but I feel like Clay would also vote for Trump. He's a wealthy entrepreneur of the mining industry, and the thing he found off-putting about Ghetsis was his careful, elaborate way of speaking. Clay would probably be suspicious of "elite politicians" and think that Trump "tells it like it is."

> Clay: I may not talk purty, but at least I'm an honest man.
Okay that's very accurate but in Clay's defense might I also offer this excerpt from BW2:
And, if ya only go after what ya think is right, ya might end up rejectin' all thoughts and opinions other than yer own. That's mighty dangerous.""Ya ever heard of the Pokémon World Tournament? Trainers from all over the world gather on up to see who's toughest!"

"See what I mean? People are pourin' in already! If the strongest Trainers from all over join in, it'll raise up everybody's level of skill! An' then, li'l ol' Driftveil City will grow even more and make a heap of money! "

So I'd like to suggest Clay at least got into Trump for the everyman, working class angle and then got turned off by the racism. (Although whether that was more because it was wrong or more because it would cut profits at the PWT...)
I think Marlon is quite evidently a centrist who "doesn't like to think about politics" but also thinks that in the interest of "fairness" we should hear both sides out (even if one is a group of violent fascists). I mean, that's already just about explicit within the text in B2W2.
fdsajklfsaklhfsal "You can't just say the bad guy is bad!" is such a funny type of centrist when you don't have to face them and I completely forget that's what Marlon was like
You all trying to put Trump into Pokemon. o_O I suffer enough having Trump in this reality, I most certainly don't want him in any other realities!
It's really funny that you say that because I have this tweet bookmarked:

View: https://twitter.com/MiniatureMooses/status/1284578034507448321

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom