• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly very worried as well that we could be stuck with 4 more years of Trump, despite how badly things have gone for him this year.

He has fumbled the COVID-19 pandemic and his response to George Floyd's murder only continues to fan the flames of hate and division. His approval ratings are low all across the board and he is widely regarded as the most hated president in modern history. Plus, many are fired up and ready to turn out in big numbers to end his presidency. I've heard historians predict that he will lose, such as Allan Litchman (Who has accurately predicted elections based on a system of 13 keys. Trump has 7 going against him. In 2016, he said Trump would win.)

I just can't help but worry though. While he has turned away many Republicans, Trump's most hateful MAGA voters are still loyal to him, and there's a lot. He's actively trying to suppress the vote by preventing mail in votes. And while Joe Biden is polling well and doesn't have the investigations that Hillary had, there is still doubt among voters, as well as people who are uneasy with Kamala Harris' past criminal prosecution record. You know also that Trump is so desperate that he will create a phony story about Joe Biden to discourage voters. And you know the media will blow it up.

Last edited:
I'm honestly very worried as well that we could be stuck with 4 more years of Trump, despite how badly things have gone for him this year.

He has fumbled the COVID-19 pandemic and his response to George Floyd's murder only continues to fan the flames of hate and division. His approval ratings are low all across the board and he is widely regarded as the most hated president in modern history. Plus, many are fired up and ready to turn out in big numbers to end his presidency. I've heard historians predict that he will lose, such as Allan Litchman (Who has accurately predicted elections based on a system of 13 keys. Trump has 7 going against him. In 2016, he said Trump would win.)

I just can't help but worry though. While he has turned away many Republicans, Trump's most hateful MAGA voters are still loyal to him, and there's a lot. He's actively trying to suppress the vote by preventing mail in votes. And while Joe Biden is polling well and doesn't have the investigations that Hillary had, there is still doubt among voters, as well as people who are uneasy with Kamala Harris' past criminal prosecution record. You know also that Trump is so desperate that he will create a phony story about Joe Biden to discourage voters. And you know the media will blow it up.

Thank a lot, I was about to watch the video and you spoiled it. Seriously, Trump is terrible, although he has done some good like negotiating with Kim Jong-un over North Korea's alleged nuclear weapons program (which is not as big as say Israel or even the United States of America). But there are too many strikes against him so I think he's a one-term President (Lisa Simpson will win the election:ROFLMAO:). And he is using cheap shots to make himself look big (like claiming that Kamala Harris is not eligible to run for President because her parents were not born in the United States of America, but Harris herself was born in California. Why didn't he target John McCain, who was born in Panama, and claim he was ineligible to be President when he ran in 2008? Barack Obama allegedly born in Kenya again?) but is really a paper tiger.

Double Standards from Trump. He's against postal voting because he would lose if everyone votes (would he do postal voting himself in November?) It's like his anti-China rant, claiming that under Joe Biden, everyone will be forced to learn Chinese (a "bad" thing according to Trump), yet his granddaughter (Arabella Kushner) has been learning Chinese since she was a toddler (and he praises her Chinese skills). I personally feel that while Trump will cry foul with postal voting (because he would lose), he will do a postal vote himself, and blame China if he loses.

Last edited:
(like claiming that Kamala Harris is not eligible to run for President because her parents were not born in the United States of America, but Harris herself was born in California. Why didn't he target John McCain, who was born in Panama, and claim he was ineligible to be President when he ran in 2008? Barack Obama allegedly born in Kenya again?)
I can't qwhite put my finger on it.

he has done some good like negotiating with Kim Jong-un over North Korea's alleged nuclear weapons program

Did he? First he threatened Kim over twitter, calling him "rocket man" and screaming that he has a bigger nuclear launch button than Kim. Then he did a 180 degree turn, started gushing about "beautiful letters" from Kim and how he fell in "love" with a murderous dictator. Then followed two summits, one which produced an empty paper and the other which ended prematurely with a massive disagreement about the most elemental things. As of the past couple of months, North Korea is back to upgrading its missile and nuclear capabilities and terrifying it's neighbor countries, while Trump threatens South Korea and Japan with removing US troops due to said countries "not paying enough".

What good did Trump do, again? Everything is worse than it was before 2016.

Also, it's not an "alleged" nuclear weapons program. North Korea has successfully tested nuclear weapons.

Did he? First he threatened Kim over twitter, calling him "rocket man" and screaming that he has a bigger nuclear launch button than Kim. Then he did a 180 degree turn, started gushing about "beautiful letters" from Kim and how he fell in "love" with a murderous dictator. Then followed two summits, one which produced an empty paper and the other which ended prematurely with a massive disagreement about the most elemental things. As of the past couple of months, North Korea is back to upgrading its missile and nuclear capabilities and terrifying it's neighbor countries, while Trump threatens South Korea and Japan with removing US troops due to said countries "not paying enough".

What good did Trump do, again? Everything is worse than it was before 2016.

Also, it's not an "alleged" nuclear weapons program. North Korea has successfully tested nuclear weapons.

I agree that the world is a worse place because of Trump, but no doubt he will blame the Democrats for the problems because of his huge ego. He failed to manage America's coronavirus outbreak, so he's taking it out on China to distract the American people from his own incompetence when it came to coronavirus (he even claimed it was a hoax to undermine his administration, as well as promoting crap "cures" like disinfectant). He claimed that if he wasn't elected President, the US would be at war with North Korea, but does that pass any sort of test? No, even with Trump, America would be at war with North Korea, but the threats has basically gone down the memory hole. And while North Korea has successfully tested nuclear weapons (which should be acknowledged), the United States of America was the only country that had used nuclear weapons in a theater of war (Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, but we can't blame Trump for that as he wasn't even born when it happened). And it is worth noting that the United States of America is NOT a signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty. And Trump has withdrawn the United States of America from a lot of international agreements, such as the Paris Agreement, the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action with Iran, and START Agreement with Russia. And it is worth noting that many Americans don't understand what's happening outside their own country, and Trump has largely taken advantage of ignorance to claim that he has been good, and that any criticism of his (Trump's) mismanagement when it comes to, well, basically everything, is fake news.

And in regards to my post last night, I did some research and discovered that if Kamala Harris isn't eligible to be Vice-President as her parents were not born in the United States of America (Harris herself was born in California), then Trump himself would not be eligible to even be President (according to his own "criteria" of who counts as natural born) as his mother was born in Scotland.

"One of the many things that Donald Trump cheapened as president is the Medal of Freedom, our nation’s highest civilian honor." I can't say it better.

The Democratics grabbing inspirational people like Michelle Obama and Bernie Sanders, while Republicans go after highly controversial people like the couple waving their guns at protesters. This shows how low the Republican party has sunk.

Michelle Obama gave a fantastic speech by the way. Today we get to hear a likely equally inspiring speech and hear what a real president sounds like when President Obama delivers his speech.

Also, this stuff going on with the mail genuinely worries me that Trump will walk away with 4 more years he doesn't deserve. I've never seen a president go through such lengths to cheat an election.

I was about to bring up Bush v. Gore again, but Bush was only a candidate at the time. Instead, let that be the prime example that the courts do matter. (Also, never throw your vote away on a third party)
I don't think the absolute mess that occured in Florida amounts to what Trump is doing. Its horrible and Al Gore was robbed of that election, but what Trump is doing right now as the freaking president is disgusting. Also, I have to agree. Normally I'm all about supporting the green party and libertarian party, but too much is at stake right now to vote 3rd party.

like Michelle Obama and Bernie Sanders and... John... Kasich... and Colin Powell... :sick:
Why are they bringing Republicans to speak at their convention? I havent seen the speeches but intend to listen later if I can find them. Im most interested in tuning in for Andrew Yang's speech, but it sounds like they've had quite a few good people speaking for the convention.

I just really hope Joe Biden can win this thing.... Im becoming impatient to cast my vote and yes I know I can try and vote early and probably will at least look into it. I hate Trump with every fiber of my being.

like Michelle Obama and Bernie Sanders and... John... Kasich... and Colin Powell... :sick:
Why are they bringing Republicans to speak at their convention?
This is just me, but I find it absolutely delicious that Kasich, who tried to put gag orders on rape counselors to prevent them from discussing abortion with victims, is endorsing and supporting Biden, who is running on an explicitly pro-choice platform. It really drives home the message of just how awful Trump is.
Powell speaking really isn’t a surprise, this is the 4th election in a row he’s endorsed the Democratic candidate.

This is just me, but I find it absolutely delicious that Kasich, who tried to put gag orders on rape counselors to prevent them from discussing abortion with victims, is endorsing and supporting Biden, who is running on an explicitly pro-choice platform. It really drives home the message of just how awful Trump is.
Powell speaking really isn’t a surprise, this is the 4th election in a row he’s endorsed the Democratic candidate.
Oh they're endorsing him? Nice to see that I guess but Trump is just that much of a dumpster fire.

I'm glad that some Republicans are still standing up. Years ago, many Republicans acted like they had standards and opposed Trump, but then once he was elected, they turned around and became super loyal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom