• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Banning transgendered people from the military.

More than that, the Trump administration has gone on full assault against all kinds of LGBT rights. Including right to work (thankfully, the Supreme Court ruled in our favor, but the Trump administration put that through explicitly to do the opposite), right to health care, right to homeless shelters, right for transgender students to use the bathroom that matches their gender identity, etc., etc.

There is a whole large list of these things, as shown in the first link.

And if he gets elected again, he will surely gain control of the Supreme Court for the real this time, and it will be big trouble for LGBT rights in the longterm. =( If leftists don't care enough about this to vote for Biden to control the damage, I don't even know what to say. I really don't.

Are you forgetting things like:

-His confession on sexual harassment.
-The fact that he may not accept the results of the election.
-How he treated COVID as if it was the flu and keeps making public appearances.
-Telling people to use bleach to cure the disease.
-The whole magic marker incident.
-The fact he did nothing when the KKK did a rally, but sent the police against people protesting racism.
-His hatred towards latinos (and other ethnicities).
-His relationship to Epstein.
-The fact that he blamed an old guy of being an antifa after being attacked by the police.
-The fact he retired from the Paris Convention(?) (I forgot the exact name).
-His petty fights on Twitter.
-The fact he blames everything on the others.

Am I forgetting something?

I think the word you were looking for was withdrew from the Paris Convention.

-The fact that he was impeached for obstruction of justice and extorting the Ukraine by holding a quid pro quo on them for military air unless they announced an investigation into Hunter Biden.
-Banning transgendered people from the military.
-The Muslim ban.
-Turning our military on peaceful protesters for a photo op.
-The fact that he can't handle criticism from the press(Or pretty much anyone)and calls them the enemy of the people.
-Forcing a government shutdown for funds for that damn wall.
-Just being racist in general.
  • Withdrew from the World Health Organization
  • Stopped funding the United Nations (of which the United States of America was a founding member of)
  • Threatens a war with China (a Cold War, but it could escalate into a hot war)
    • Closing down Confucius Institutes in the US claiming that they are funded by the Chinese Government, despite the US State Department funding US Study Centres around the world
    • Claiming that if Joe Biden wins, Americans would be 'forced' to learn Chinese (despite Trump praising his own granddaughter's Chinese language skills)
  • Withdrew from an agreement in regards to Iran's weapons program
  • Withdrawing from START with Russia
  • Moved the US Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv (where the Embassies are located) to Jerusalem, angering many people in the Middle East
  • Trampling on the First Amendment (which includes freedom of the press)
  • Encouraging the NRA to move to Texas
  • Promoting a conspiracy theory promoted by QAnon about everything.
  • Holding the Bible at a church he never attends during the Black Lives Matter rallies
  • At said moment, got the police to clear the space around said church for a photo op.
  • Trump University
  • Trying to get the annual Group of Seven meeting at a resort he owns, which I believe contravenes the US Constitution against gaining personal benefit from the Office of President
  • Republican National Convention at the White House, which I believe contravenes rules in regards to using government buildings for electoral purposes
I'm Australian, but even I can add to a list of problems with Trump.

Some of these are petty after everyone else's great lists but a few more things:
  • Bullying a teenage girl on twitter because he doesn't believe in climate change
  • Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney literally said "We do that all the time" when a reporter asked if they really intended to withhold funding from Ukraine (y'know, the whole thing Trump's spent months saying he didn't do)
  • Talked about the ratings for his old TV show at the National Prayer breakfast
  • Brags about the TV ratings for his coronavirus press conferences
  • Shut down the government for his stupid wall, saying that he would take credit for it, and then just ten days later blaming Democrats
  • Said you need to rake forests to prevent forest fires, but it's totally fine if a guy just throws away his cigarette in a forest and causes a fire, "he didn't mean it"
  • Screams at black congressmen like John Lewis and Elijah Cummings, even calling them racist, then says "Oh they were such great and irreplaceable civil rights activists" when they die
  • Lied about Joe Scarborough's aide dying in 2001 and accusing Scarborough of murdering her, even as her husband asked for him to stop, because he doesn't like that Scarborough criticizes him on TV
  • Boasted that Secret Service was just waiting for action against the protesters at the White House, "good practice"
  • Said that schools indoctrinate people into hating America
  • Defended Kyle Rittenhouse, a teen who crossed state lines with an illegal firearm and murderer protesters
Oh my God you are not reading these articles even a little. This list stops at October 2017.

If you could point to a specific executive order, you wouldn't even have to worry about pulling up articles three years out of date that try to list every single executive order he did. You could just name the actions he took that lead to these benefits. The fact that you're looking for articles that just list every executive order Trump signed shows that you don't really have anything to point to that shows he deserves credit.
that means Obama and others too? don't be false... when the statistics arent anti-Trump, he is maybe a narcissist and egomaniac but who wasn't? Obama forgot how Putin called him brown tanned with primenister of Italy?
Absolutely no relevance to anything about my point that you can't pull a random statistic and credit a president with it.
also the creddit goes to both parties... the presidents actions when it comes to fighting for jobs, people and reactions matters too.
Yeah that's literally what I've been saying. He doesn't get credit for the statistic, only for his own actions.
Compare all good and bad things you can find about him?
Buddy, I'm not doing your research for you. You're the one trying to convince us that he's good.
Be happy he doesn't rule as long as Angela Merkel 20 years, Alexander Lukashenko 20 years, Putin 21 years...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5LKiziR66g

One thing for sure during Trumps time they catched Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos bc the new administration wanted checkups on every investment and public financement...
According to this very article:
By early 2016, more regulators were finding problems with Theranos. In January, CMS, which regulate blood-testing labs, cited concerns that one of Theranos' labs posed a safety risk to patients. In April, the SEC started its investigation into the company.
The only influence the President has on the CMS is who they appoint as Secretary of Health and Human Services. The man who held that position in 2016 was Claude Allen, who's held that position since the Bush era. The SEC chairman is also appointed by the president, but in 2016, that was Mary Jo White, appointed by Obama.
Democrats are cool but look at Homeless statistics, taxes and house costs, real estates, rent costs, wages, pensions, be just more objective then to negate arguments or worship your liking, love or hate to a person... let facts speak all about everyone before people chose the best option.
I already told you that I have no interest in defending Democrats, so it looks like your refusal to read all the way through something applies to posts as well as articles.

Why do you even bother posting on this thread? You're not reading the articles you share, and you're not reading the posts you're responding to. If you don't actually care about what's in them, why waste time on it?

Last edited:
We’re getting a bunch of new polls this week. So far it looks like Trump *maybe* improved his numbers by 1-2 points. We should have a much clearer picture after Labor Day, but right now the conventions and civil unrest have barely moved the needle, which I’m sure has the network pundits really disappointed.

And today the hypocrite refuses to acknowledge that the stocks plummeted big time when the pandemic stared. And more childish and petty nicknames. This is not how a president should behave.

We’re getting a bunch of new polls this week. So far it looks like Trump *maybe* improved his numbers by 1-2 points. We should have a much clearer picture after Labor Day, but right now the conventions and civil unrest have barely moved the needle, which I’m sure has the network pundits really disappointed.

Wanna add this also Trump RNC bounce 'fleeting' as Biden gains in Wisconsin and Arizona, holds lead in other battlegrounds

Things are looking good for Biden according to the polls in Michigan and Wisconsin, which are two states he absolutely needs to take back. He's got a 9 point lead in Wisconsin and a 10 point lead in Michigan. Pennsylvania has him 4 points above Trump right now with 49% to 45%, which is too close for comfort. He does have a 10 point in Arizona though, which is great. He could lose Pennsylvania and still hit 270 if he gets Wisconsin, Michigan, and Arizona.

Things can still change though and we can't get too cocky and think this means Biden will win for sure. Things do look better for him than they did for Hillary, but the polls also showed her winning and look what happened. Also, we should be wary cause next month, I'm almost certain Trump is gonna pull some conspiracy against Biden and Kamala out of his ass that the media will blow up.

Last edited:
I'm no history buff, but I think there might be something wrong there...
Only other time I could think of was 2004 when George W. Bush and his allies heavily implied John Kerry would make the country more vulnerable to terrorist attacks. It unfortunately stuck in part because Kerry publicly criticized the Iraq War before it became fashionable. Republicans tried that again in the 2006 midterms and got absolutely clobbered.

There's still 2 months until the election and a lot could change, though I think most have made up their mind regardless of what happens. While part of me thinks North Carolina might still go to Trump, I think its really gonna come down to Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Arizona.

Arizona is starting to lean more slightly more democrat after the last election in 2018, looking at how they actually have a democratic senator now and the democrats have the majority of their representatives. Biden does have an advantage also given the declining support for Trump over COVID-19. We might just see Arizona flip blue for the first time since 1996.

Wisconsin is an interesting one because of Kenosha right now and the cries for racial justice. Trump's approval rating is down there, and COVID-19 yet again has had a huge impact on it. Biden does seem to be paying a bit more attention to this state than Hillary, and he is set to visit Kenosha, including Jacob Blake's family, which Trump did not do. With the lead Biden has and how things have gone, I think Wisconsin will return to the blue wall. Michigan is another state I think will return to the blue wall. I think Minnesota will stay blue as well, especially considering the outcries for racial justice after George Floyd's murder and Trump's poor response to the protests. The last election in Minnesota was too close for comfort though, with Hillary only winning by 1.5%.

Pennsylvania's polls are a lot closer. A bit too close for comfort if you ask me. While Trump only one by 44k votes, and things haven't worked out in his favor this year, part of me isn't so sure about this one.

Last edited:
Some of these are petty after everyone else's great lists but a few more things:
  • Bullying a teenage girl on twitter because he doesn't believe in climate change
  • Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney literally said "We do that all the time" when a reporter asked if they really intended to withhold funding from Ukraine (y'know, the whole thing Trump's spent months saying he didn't do)
  • Talked about the ratings for his old TV show at the National Prayer breakfast
  • Brags about the TV ratings for his coronavirus press conferences
  • Shut down the government for his stupid wall, saying that he would take credit for it, and then just ten days later blaming Democrats
  • Said you need to rake forests to prevent forest fires, but it's totally fine if a guy just throws away his cigarette in a forest and causes a fire, "he didn't mean it"
  • Screams at black congressmen like John Lewis and Elijah Cummings, even calling them racist, then says "Oh they were such great and irreplaceable civil rights activists" when they die
  • Lied about Joe Scarborough's aide dying in 2001 and accusing Scarborough of murdering her, even as her husband asked for him to stop, because he doesn't like that Scarborough criticizes him on TV
  • Boasted that Secret Service was just waiting for action against the protesters at the White House, "good practice"
  • Said that schools indoctrinate people into hating America
  • Defended Kyle Rittenhouse, a teen who crossed state lines with an illegal firearm and murderer protesters

Oh my God you are not reading these articles even a little. This list stops at October 2017.

If you could point to a specific executive order, you wouldn't even have to worry about pulling up articles three years out of date that try to list every single executive order he did. You could just name the actions he took that lead to these benefits. The fact that you're looking for articles that just list every executive order Trump signed shows that you don't really have anything to point to that shows he deserves credit.

Absolutely no relevance to anything about my point that you can't pull a random statistic and credit a president with it.

Yeah that's literally what I've been saying. He doesn't get credit for the statistic, only for his own actions.

Buddy, I'm not doing your research for you. You're the one trying to convince us that he's good.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5LKiziR66g

According to this very article:

The only influence the President has on the CMS is who they appoint as Secretary of Health and Human Services. The man who held that position in 2016 was Claude Allen, who's held that position since the Bush era. The SEC chairman is also appointed by the president, but in 2016, that was Mary Jo White, appointed by Obama.

I already told you that I have no interest in defending Democrats, so it looks like your refusal to read all the way through something applies to posts as well as articles.

Why do you even bother posting on this thread? You're not reading the articles you share, and you're not reading the posts you're responding to. If you don't actually care about what's in them, why waste time on it?

interesting, could you research Biden the same way like Trump?
but when you all are bulling Donald Trump then it's ok?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhcsQ8PZy5M

Im more worried that the German Intelligence could have "poisoned" Navalny(weird that he survived taking others always died) or they together with Russians do us a spectacle to stop focusing on Belarus... and finishing Nord Stream 2 in secret with lower prices...

No body is worrried that Merkel rules 20 years, the same time like Puitin and Lukaszenko?
nobody worrries that german media post that Germans hate americans but love Russians? even if the migration to USA is 100 000 germans yearly?

what about Democrats and Russia?

How much of charitable donations go to the charity?
So, on average, about 67 percent of the funds raised went to the charity, and 33 percentwent to the fundraisers. The numbers are a slight improvement from 2015, when 35 percent of the money raised went to the professional fundraisers' costs. But it's a big improvement from years ago.28 lis 2017

the reality is Russia supports both sides and finds te weak links in those who have a sentiment for the communism ideology... or are weak...
if USA would have the Single Transferable Vote method probably not Biden and Trump would be right there where they are...

Last edited:
I really don't have a horse in this race, but this just bothers me.

No body is worrried that Merkel rules 20 years, the same time like Puitin and Lukaszenko?

The authors of the 22nd Amendment apparently were. Others apparently aren't. It's a legitimate question of political philosophy that has nothing whatsoever to do with the American 2020 presidential election.

nobody worrries that german media post that Germans hate americans but love Russians? even if the migration to USA is 100 000 germans yearly?

Assuming both of those facts are true:
  1. That doesn't mean that the 100,000 Germans migrating to the USA are also American-hating Germans,
  2. It has nothing to do with the American 2020 presidential election (Unless I've missed one of the candidates ranting about German immigration).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom