• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forecast update: Economist model gives Biden a 92% chance of winning; FiveThirtyEight has it at 85%. Expect those to go up if Trump can’t gain any ground as Election Day nears.
How does that compare to Hillary Clinton?

Also, here are some things worth noting for 2020...
A. Trump's performance as president is generally viewed unfavorably, with his average approval rating being around 40% His approval rating has never reached 50%.
B. Trump's numerous scandals, one of which got him impeached after he held a quid pro quo against the Ukraine, holding back military aid unless they investigated Hunter Biden.
C. Trump's handling of COVID-19 has been a huge deal breaker for many, and its been viewed as a complete failure.
D. Currently, Joe Biden doesn't have any major scandals that have opened up major FBI investigations.
F. Trump has lost the support of numerous Republicans who voted for him.

Last edited:
Going to be really ticked off if Cunningham’s stupidity costs the Democrats a Senate majority.

Polls seem to continue to favor Cunningham.

Trump's election proved that voters don't care about politicians cheating on their wife. I'm not saying that's right, I'm merely saying that this is how it is now.

This could be a warning sign for Trump. He has been losing support among seniors, largely due to his handling of COVID-19. In Florida's largest retirement community, The Villages, a massive caravan of golf carts emerged full of Biden supporters.

This could be a warning sign for Trump. He has been losing support among seniors, largely due to his handling of COVID-19. In Florida's largest retirement community, The Villages, a massive caravan of golf carts emerged full of Biden supporters.
Who would have thought "sacrifice grandma for the economy" wouldn't play well with grandma?

Vote for Biden so our government will actually do something about this.

RNCC is running a commercial here, saying if you elect the Democrat there will be no air travel with the Green Deal.

Silly me, I thought the Republican President was doing no air travel with companies shutting down.

So, basically, Trump has achieved making the dangerous Islam extremists happy, while ending up alienating only all of the peaceful followers of Islam?
Im honestly mindboggled by this as I didnt see them as being any fans of him. Getting the endorsement of the fucking Taliban? Is there anything worse for him? I cant really think of much.

It absolutely blows my mind that Trump is saying he's tested negative now for COVID-19. Just...How? How is it that of all people, the one who has downplayed and spread misinformation about this virus so often is the one who had like 2 days of very mild symptoms, then no flare ups in the 2nd week? Just how? Making it clear again that I'd never wish for his death, but I'm just kinda irritated he had such an easy time with it, cause it could have taught him that this is more than "just a flu". It could have opened his eyes, but he walks away completely unscathed.

It absolutely blows my mind that Trump is saying he's tested negative now for COVID-19. Just...How? How is it that of all people, the one who has downplayed and spread misinformation about this virus so often is the one who had like 2 days of very mild symptoms, then no flare ups in the 2nd week? Just how? Making it clear again that I'd never wish for his death, but I'm just kinda irritated he had such an easy time with it, cause it could have taught him that this is more than "just a flu". It could have opened his eyes, but he walks away completely unscathed.

As I've said before, it is a time that just makes me think of the fact that if I was still holding onto a God belief, I wouldn't be able to anymore.

And meanwhile, while Trump and all of the senators got to brush off the virus that has killed over 200,000 people in the country like it was nothing, they're right on the original schedule for pushing through their religious right nutjob Supreme Court nominee (which shouldn't be pushed through by McConnell's own rules), of whom the ceremony where she was officially nominated by Trump is the likely spreader of the virus.

There is no justice. No justice at all.

It absolutely blows my mind that Trump is saying he's tested negative now for COVID-19. Just...How? How is it that of all people, the one who has downplayed and spread misinformation about this virus so often is the one who had like 2 days of very mild symptoms, then no flare ups in the 2nd week? Just how?
Money? This also happened with Bolsonaro, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom