• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Amie, Super Training and Hordes?

Didn't R/S introduce the swarm feature that predates the horde battles or am I misremembering?

If Pokémon Amie stays, they'll probably rename it since the French will be irrelevant outside Kalos... we may also feed Pokéblocks to our Pokémon there instead of Poképuffs and it'll boost their affection in addition to their Contest stats (although that's one big IF regarding Contests/Pokéblocks being there at all)

Didn't R/S introduce the swarm feature that predates the horde battles or am I misremembering?
Well, firstly, it was actually introduced in Gen II.

Secondly, swarms and hordes are not even close to the same thing.
Swarms (or, more formally, Pokemon outbreaks,) are temporary outbreaks of a species of Pokemon (usually relatively rare in that game) in an area where they are normally not found.
Horde battles are battles against a GROUP of Pokemon, that has nothing to do with being "temporarily" in a certain are.

So anyway, back to the topic of this thread, I think Super Training, or an alternative to it, will definitely return. It's a too important aspect of competitive team building. When I say "alternative", I mean that it's possible they could replace it with something else, even call it a different name, but it will still have to do with training EVs.

It honestly doesn't matter to me if hordes return or not, but going by what has been done in previous remakes, it makes sense that they would return. IIRC, there were double battles in FRLG and HGSS although there weren't in the original. And, there's nothing really PREVENTING them to remove hordes.
Maybe they could fuse "hordes" and "swarms" together? Other than the words sounding similar to each other, I think it actually could be a good idea, cuz then you'll know WHICH Pokemon is in the swarm. I mean, I must have past dozens of swarm-filled routes in Platinum without knowing it. By making the swarm Pokemon have different battles, it would be easy to know, without having to contact anything, which Pokemon is in a swarm.

The return of Pokemon amie seems likely, considering affection. But they could introduce other ways to increase affection as well. Then there's also Sylveon... (which has been discussed to great depth in another thread...)
IF Pokemon Amie does return, I hope they can add more to it to make it better. What @Piplup; said is a good idea: PokeBlocks should replace Pokepuffs. It makes sense cuz OUTSIDE of Amie, Pokepuffs have no use, i.e. they are as disposable as Pokemon Amie itself. BUT, PokeBlocks DO have a use in contests... (Although Poffins could replace them, but that's another topic....)

These three are easily some of the best features introduced in XY and i'll be pissed and dissapointed if they are not in OR/AS. But with the track record of GF removing or dropping good features over the years i wouldn't be suprised.

I'm expecting all of them to be in the games. I'd be really surprised if they weren't.

Daily swarms carried over from DPPt to HGSS, so I could see hordes coming back in the same way. Super training will probably come back but through different mini-games or an alternative system altogether.

I can't say much for Aime though, it seems like exactly the kind of feature GameFreak would drop in their next game even though it shouldn't take much work at all to bring it back. But I guess we'll see.

I would like Pokémon-Amie to be nerfed, if it is in OR/AS. Yeah yeah, petting our Pokémon in the touchscreen is lovely, but we don't need the game to become even easier just because we spent sometime playing with our Pokémon, now do we? Super Training is great, but if you ask me, I think this is a feature that should be locked until you beat the Elite Four for the first time (and the same is valid for the EXP. cheat). Not sure about Horde Battles, though. I suppose shiny hunters will certainly want it back, but personally I don't care much about them.

I really hope so. I thought that Pokemon Amie and Super Training were some of the best features in X/Y and horde battles were pretty cool too. I'd be incredibly disappointed if at least Super Training wasn't available in some format. It makes EV training so less time consuming and tedious for me. I don't think that it needs to be saved for the post-Elite 4, but if they did that, I'd probably be okay with that just because it would still be available later on.

I would like Pokémon-Amie to be nerfed, if it is in OR/AS. Yeah yeah, petting our Pokémon in the touchscreen is lovely, but we don't need the game to become even easier just because we spent sometime playing with our Pokémon, now do we? Super Training is great, but if you ask me, I think this is a feature that should be locked until you beat the Elite Four for the first time (and the same is valid for the EXP. cheat). Not sure about Horde Battles, though. I suppose shiny hunters will certainly want it back, but personally I don't care much about them.
You do know that you are not forced to use the Exp.Share, Pokemon Amie and Super Training? Nobody is pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to use them, sure they made XY easy if you used them but i don't think it would be fair to the people that want to use them before the E4.

I think Pokemon Amie will not be included in the games. FRLG lacked a clock system, so it was impossible to have an Espeon or an Umbreon without trading. Similiarly, it was impossible to get a Leafeon, a Glaceon, a Magnezone or a Probopass without trading. I think that there would not be any Moss or Ice Rocks either, because original Hoenn does not have any.

Amie was cute for about 10 minutes tops. It also seems like a feature that would be exclusive to Kalos. I never really used Super training because hordes were faster to use, but the mini-game was alright and helpful when I needed a certain number of EVs. I'd welcome hordes or daily swarms again. It'll give me something to check on everyday. I gotta go places~

I'd love for ORAS to include Amie and Super Training, especially the latter. But to be completely and utterly honest here, I really doubt they're going to return.

Previous games have introduced numerous good features that were later changed or removed altogether in later generations, and Pokemon Amie and Super Training just seem like the kind of features that will have that happen again, sad as it is. If it's not ORAS, then I guarantee they will not be there in the next generation, if there ever is one.

I really want to see Amie and Super Training make a comeback, as I've used and enjoyed both of them. I'd be a bit disappointed if Amie didn't make a return, at least. It's just too fun for me to play and feed my goofy team. I could live without Super Training, as I've done EV training the old fashioned way; I just don't really want to anymore. (Yeah, I've gotten spoiled. I will admit that.)

If there's no hordes, then no more EV training for me. :lol:

It took me like a week to get the hang of Super Training, and even then it took like 5 hours overall per Pokemon. There's always the chance they'll change the football shit for something else, so that's something to look forward to.

As for Amie, eh. The pure entertainment in that was giving God and creator of all a pink cupcake, but other than that I don't see any further use for it.

Amie was a gimmick. They featured it quite heavily in marketing X and Y and it isn't really a core gameplay mechanic. It was fun, I guess, but I can't see it coming back and honestly don't really mind.

Super training, on the other hand, was the exact opposite. It never really got advertised and was sort of just there, but it really helped serious battlers. They should definitely bring back some form of EV training. We have contests as a side quest already, so a small issue is that there might be too many 'distractions', like contests, secret bases, battle frontier etc. (Not that I'm complaining. I'm desperately hoping for all three.) As such, I think they may integrate EV training into contests somehow.

I can see Hordes returning in the post-game "Swarms" that RSE used to have.
As for Amie, I hope it returns but somehow doubt it'll be quite the same. Maybe it can tie into contest stats? I'd love to groom my Feebas as I increase beauty - come on now, there's NO doubt that contests will come back (if they don't, these games will become fan-declared failures and iwata's head will be on the Bisharp Block). Super Training also seems like a staple they'll be using from now on, maybe different balloons.

Personaly I do not care much about Super Training or Amie. Both were pretty boring, especially Amie. If they want to have it, then make it more creative because it got boring after ten minutes. I love the Hordes though they made EV-training easy and you find shinies pretty easily.

Horde encounters can easily be incorporated as a random chance like X and Y. Zangoose and Seviper would no longer be version exclusives as a Zangoose horde would include one Seviper in Omega Ruby and vice versa in Alpha Sapphire. It was funny in X and Y that they kept attacking eachother instead of the player.

For Pokémon Amie, maybe it can happen in Ruby Sapphire remakes. If not, Eevee would follow the pattern of not evolving into it's new evolutions in the remakes.

Ice and Moss rocks, maybe the Moss Rock can be added to Petalburg Forest and the Ice Rock at the bottom of Shoal Cave.

Super Training? Sure it can happen in Hoenn.

Horde Battles are really useful for EV training, but unless they can tweak the games so that they're not as ridiculously slow as in XY, I think they should be dropped. I can definitely see Super Training returning (but while I'd hope that they chance the balloon enemies to be Pokémon in the Hoenn Pokédex, GameFreak will probably just be lazy and dump the existing one in). Pokémon-amie though? I personally see little point in keeping it. I couldn't get the thing to work properly half the time anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom