• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Amiibo, NFC reader/writer to be released in South Korea: To be released this Septembe

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Amiibo, NFC reader/writer to be released in South Korea: To be released this September ...

In South Korea, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, amiibo and the NFC reader/writer will all be released on the same day, September 10, 2015.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Amiibo, NFC reader/writer to be released in South Korea: To be released this Sept

Bulbanews said:
This is the same as the first wave of amiibo in Japan, North America, Europe and Australia.
"North America" should be changed to "the Americas".

Re: Amiibo, NFC reader/writer to be released in South Korea: To be released this Sept

Bulbanews said:
This is the same as the first wave of amiibo in Japan, North America, Europe and Australia.

Should it? I can only actually find information on amiibo in Canada, the United States and Mexico. Nintendo doesn't even have official websites for the rest of the Americas (they have a link that used to be for Brazil on the Nintendo country selector, but it's just a redirect now for obvious reasons).

Even if this was how they were found in stores, is the significant reason to believe they were intentionally released there, as opposed to retailers just importing them?

Bulbanews said:

Should it? I can only actually find information on amiibo in Canada, the United States and Mexico. Nintendo doesn't even have official websites for the rest of the Americas (they have a link that used to be for Brazil on the Nintendo country selector, but it's just a redirect now for obvious reasons).

Even if this was how they were found in stores, is the significant reason to believe they were intentionally released there, as opposed to retailers just importing them?
Sorry, you got me there, I'm not really sure about how does that work. All I know is that every Nintendo product labeled as being released in the U.S. also applies to Latin America as well, including release dates and such. If it helps, the stores over here started selling the first wave of amiibo on November 21st, the same day Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was officially released here (if retailers had just imported them, I guess they would have had to do so after the official U.S. release, but again, I'm not sure how this works).

Also, the Nintendo country selector lists "Mexico", but that's just not right. It's stated very clearly on the website that it's aimed to all of Latin America, and not just Mexico; while official, explicitly Latin American sites such as the Smash Bros. one link to it as the Nintendo website. The URL is "es_LA" and even the website's title is "Nintendo - Official Site for Latin America", as well. If this is the website where you found information on amiibo in Mexico, have in mind this means you found information on amiibo in Latin America as a whole too, despite what that country selector says.

Bulbanews said:

Sorry, you got me there, I'm not really sure about how does that work. All I know is that every Nintendo product labeled as being released in the U.S. also applies to Latin America as well, including release dates and such. If it helps, the stores over here started selling the first wave of amiibo on November 21st, the same day Super Smash Bros. for Wii U was officially released here (if retailers had just imported them, I guess they would have had to do so after the official U.S. release, but again, I'm not sure how this works).

Also, the Nintendo country selector lists "Mexico", but that's just not right. It's stated very clearly on the website that it's aimed to all of Latin America, and not just Mexico; while official, explicitly Latin American sites such as the Smash Bros. one link to it as the Nintendo website. The URL is "es_LA" and even the website's title is "Nintendo - Official Site for Latin America", as well. If this is the website where you found information on amiibo in Mexico, have in mind this means you found information on amiibo in Latin America as a whole too, despite what that country selector says.

Ah, that is interesting. A shame it doesn't specify Latin America on the country selector though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom