• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Amiibo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Let’s talk about Amiibo!

What do you think of them?
Which ones do you have/are you planning to get?
Which ones are you anticipating?
Do you actually use them or just collect them?
Etc.

As for me, I’m very excited about Amiibo. Game merch is pretty much non-existent in (my part of) the Netherlands, so I’m very happy I can buy affordable figurines of my favourite characters at the local toy store now.

The only one I have right now is Pit and it’s the one I anticipated the most. Wanted to get Link first too, but I don’t like that he’s looking down all the time and I hate that yellow pole he's on.

Amiibo I’m waiting for are: Palutina, Dark Pit, Lucina and Robin.

I only have a Link one,and he's actually really nice.He's level 50.I'm going to see if I can get a Zelda one sometime this week.I can't wait until DHD and Dark Pit are released.

I have Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Luigi and Yoshi. They are mostly just for collection purposes but I'll eventually use them in Mario Kart or Mario Party. I'll definatly be getting Shulk, Rosalina, and Meta Knight when they launch.

I've gotten Peach, Samus, Link, Zelda and Yoshi. I'm hoping to get Rosalina & Luma when it comes out February (it's a Target exclusive).

I've used them in Smash Bros., but the nicknames I give them are secret.

Where's my Robin?

Where's my Robin?!

WHERE-

OK, I'll stop. I was considering buying a Link amiibo, but then I decided it wasn't worth it. Does anyone have any idea when the next set will be announced? Or is it relatively unknown?

Where's my Robin?

Where's my Robin?!

WHERE-

OK, I'll stop. I was considering buying a Link amiibo, but then I decided it wasn't worth it. Does anyone have any idea when the next set will be announced? Or is it relatively unknown?

Sadly, I haven't been able to find anything about when the next announcement is expected. So far the sets have been announced before the previous set was even released, right? So let's hope that will become a trend and we'll hear about the next set this month.

Which Robin do you want, male or female? I wonder what they'll do with them, I doubt both versions will get their own Amiibo so I guess they'll either only release the male version or maybe both on one pedestal. I think I'd prefer the latter as I really like them both.

Pretty sure it'll be male, since it's the default palette and icon on the selection screen. Won't stop you from assigning it to be female in-game though.

Anyway, these are the nicknames I gave my amiibos, decided to make it an un-secret:

Peach: Rapunzel
Samus: Ruto
Link: Ghoulia
Zelda: Trixie
Yoshi: Kirika

I'm waiting to see if they're going to be used for more than costumes or a CPU character that plays the game for you. I don't care about collecting them, I just want to see if they have an interesting in game use. And so far, they've been far from interesting in that respect.

I'm obsessed with collecting these things. XD

I have all of wave 1, 2, and have all except for Rosalina preordered from wave 3. Yes, even the store exclusive ones.

I only intend to open Ness when he's released, but that's only if I encounter two.

Where's my Robin?

Where's my Robin?!

WHERE-

Sadly, I haven't been able to find anything about when the next announcement is expected. So far the sets have been announced before the previous set was even released, right? So let's hope that will become a trend and we'll hear about the next set this month.

Which Robin do you want, male or female? I wonder what they'll do with them, I doubt both versions will get their own Amiibo so I guess they'll either only release the male version or maybe both on one pedestal. I think I'd prefer the latter as I really like them both.

I am guessing M Robin, because only the female Wii Fit Trainer was only released currently. I agree with you, though! I'd much prefer an Amiibo with both M/F Robin.

I actually don't own any Amiibo yet, but here are the ones I'll try to get: Shulk, Ness, Ike, Marth, Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Greninja, and Duck Hunt. Shulk is already pretty much sold out online, so I don't know that I'll do about that! I really doubt there are Shulk fans in my area, so I hope I could possibly pre-order him at Gamestop! xD

What do you think of them?
I think that it was a good move from Nintendo to release these things, since it might help the company gain the money the Wii U isn't making.

Which ones are you anticipating?
If Bowser hasn't already been released then I'm waiting for Charizard and Lucario...[size=-4]if they are already on the stores well then I just need to buy them.[/size]

Soki said:
Which ones do you have/are you planning to get?
I haven't bought a single Amiibo but I'm planning to buy Kirby, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Lucario, Bowser, Mario, Fox McCloud, Charizard and of course who can't forget Pikachu.

Do you actually use them or just collect them?
I will use them for the power boosting and making a more powerful Mario and Meta Knight but I plan to first buy one of these figurines first before I buy Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS because that game isn't cheap.

The Amiibo figures are awesome! I love that Nintendo did this, because it lets a lot of their characters get some more spotlight. ^^

So far, I have:
- Link
- Luigi
- Zelda (but I didn't want her. My mom thought she was hard to get and she knows I like the Zelda series. She just didn't know that I don't like this particular version of Princess Zelda. I like Toon Zelda and Skyward Sword Zelda, not Twilight Princess Zelda. So this one is just sitting in my closet collecting dust until I can give it to someone who actually wants it)

I got Link because he unlocks the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors! THE SPINNER!! MY ALL TIME FAVORITE ZELDA WEAPON! :D

I got Luigi because he's Luigi and I absolutely love Luigi. <3 He was always my favorite character growing up and he's still one of my favorites. :3

I'm planning to get:
- Ike (I FREAKING LOVE HIM!! <3 Ike's games are my favorite games of all time too!)
- Toon Link (he's adorable, even though I don't like Wind Waker. I love the Four Sword Zelda games which he also stars in though. ^^)
- Rosalina (if she's ever available for preorder again...)

I have Ike and Toon Link preordered so far, just gotta hope the orders aren't canceled because of all the supply shortages happening... I might get Robin and Duck Hunt Dog too, not sure, really.

I have Marth, Kirby, Peach, and Yoshi. I actually play with them like they're action figures so I can play SSB when I'm not actually playing my video games.

My mum bought me Kirby as a reward for behaving at the dentist's office. (I have a habit of putting up a fight at the dentist's office.) The rest I saved up money that I earned from working at the supermarket to buy.

I don't plan on getting any more. I only wanted four.

I don't have any, and I'm not really planning on getting any yet. Of the announced ones so far, I think I'd like Shulk the most, but I bet he'll be hard to find, so I don't think I'll get him.

If any, I think the one I'm most likely to get is ROB, if the model looks good.

I currently don't own any but I am waiting for the release of Mega Man and Bowser. They'll be out in February, I think?

Desperately want an Amiibo of Charizard and Duck Hunt Dog.

Only my Villager right now. He's getting kinda lonely D:
I have Ike preordered at GameStop. Waiting for Nintendo to announce Ness, Robin, and Lucas.

I went to GameStop earlier and bought another Pikachu to open for a decoration. The detail on it is incredible, but you can't really screw up Pikachu. XD

Other than Ness, I'm looking forward to seeing how Charizard and Robin will look. Bonus points for Nintendo if they're in the same wave. XD

I...accidentally dropped Peach, chipping part of her hair off.

At first I was devastated, but then I saw an upside: in case anyone else brings a Peach amiibo of their own, I'll tell which one is mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom