• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

As I revisit this thread over a year after the Pallet Boy's eternal journey ended, I can't help but feel in Serena's shoes.

I mean, just like Serena, with her heart pounding, in a mix of sadness and wonder, under the fading light of the day, witnessed, at the pier, Ash leaving to never return (Who Knows?), I, in a similar way, bided farewell to the long-standing animated series of Pokémon that had always been there until then.

The bittersweet sensation lingers in my chest, like a delicate blend of tenderness and joy intertwined with an unfathomable melancholy. As time passes, it seems to bury the existence of that cherished world an inch more, leaving only fleeting memories that flutter in the recesses of my mind.

Life, at times, resembles a river where we fruitlessly seek something lost, yet it carries in its currents only the elusive reflection of our desires. Just when it appears within grasp, it slips away, forever elusive. Thus, the river's relentless current propels us through winding paths and countless hardships, leaving us with nothing but the futile hope that, further downstream, we will find not only what we are looking for but, more importantly, our true selves.

Ash and Serena, along with their beautiful bond, will forever hold a cherished place in the hidden corners of my heart. However, today marks the moment when I officially bid farewell to the futile hope of meeting these beloved characters once more, and the longing for a reunion.

Yet, I do so with deep gratitude for the lasting impact they have had and the profound emotions they have evoked within me.

Last edited:

Someday.......someday. I'll never stop believing.

As I revisit this thread over a year after the Pallet Boy's eternal journey ended, I can't help but feel in Serena's shoes.

I mean, just like Serena, with her heart pounding, in a mix of sadness and wonder, under the fading light of the day, witnessed, at the pier, Ash leaving to never return (Who Knows?), I, in a similar way, bided farewell to the long-standing animated series of Pokémon that had always been there until then.

The bittersweet sensation lingers in my chest, like a delicate blend of tenderness and joy intertwined with an unfathomable melancholy. As time passes, it seems to bury the existence of that cherished world an inch more, leaving only fleeting memories that flutter in the recesses of my mind.

Life, at times, resembles a river where we fruitlessly seek something lost, yet it carries in its currents only the elusive reflection of our desires. Just when it appears within grasp, it slips away, forever elusive. Thus, the river's relentless current propels us through winding paths and countless hardships, leaving us with nothing but the futile hope that, further downstream, we will find not only what we are looking for but, more importantly, our true selves.

Ash and Serena, along with their beautiful bond, will forever hold a cherished place in the hidden corners of my heart. However, today marks the moment when I officially bid farewell to the futile hope of meeting these beloved characters once more, and the longing for a reunion.

Yet, I do so with deep gratitude for the lasting impact they have had and the profound emotions they have evoked within me.
Wow, um.........that was really eloquent and deep and all (and somewhat depressing,) but hey, there's no telling what the future holds. With characters like Ash and Serena, and with them being so popular and iconic, I've a very strong hunch we'll see them again. Call me overly hopeful, but I feel it in my gut/heart. After all, the future's never set in stone.

I feel JN105 will be the last time Ash ever interacts with Serena. I’ve watched the dub a couple times. Let’s say it seems Serena’s feelings for Ash aren’t as strong as they were in Kalos. Plus it seems now people ship Serena with others over Ash nowadays.

Last edited:
I feel JN105 will be the last ti e Ash ever interacts with Serena. I’ve watched the dub a coup,e times. Let’s say it seems Serena’s feelings for Ash aren’t as strong as they were in Kalos. Plus it seems now people ship Serena with others over Ash nowadays.

My opinion upon watching the episode was quite different from the one stated above. I was extremely happy and satisfied with the episode, and it seemed to me that the majority of our colleagues in this forum shared the same sentiment. You can check our impressions at: JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

My opinion upon watching the episode was quite different from the one stated above. I was extremely happy and satisfied with the episode, and it seemed to me that the majority of our colleagues in this forum shared the same sentiment. You can check our impressions at: JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!
To be honest, it’s criminal Serena wasn’t at the stadium to watch Ash beat Leon. She should have been the first to congratulate Ash on becoming world champion. Honestly Chloe and Dawn shouldn’t have been at the stadium. Serena, along with, Clemont, Bonnie, May, Max, Brock should have been there instead. Plus Serena got by the least amount of reunion time with Ash in Journeys compared to other former companions. (May & Max don’t count since Ash never reunited with them)

I feel JN105 will be the last ti e Ash ever interacts with Serena. I’ve watched the dub a coup,e times. Let’s say it seems Serena’s feelings for Ash aren’t as strong as they were in Kalos. Plus it seems now people ship Serena with others over Ash nowadays.
I'm sorry, but.........I have to respectfully but vehemently disagree with literally everything you said.
and it seemed to me that the majority of our colleagues in this forum shared the same sentiment.
Just call me the minority then. While it was a good episode (by the horribly low standards of Journeys,) and it was wonderful to see Serena again, too much of the episode was taken up by her spending time with Chloe (and let's be real here-seeing how Chloe turned out at the end, it's pretty clear Serena was wasting her time on her,) and her reunion with Ash lasted all of 5 seconds, which was completely unacceptable to me.
To be honest, it’s criminal Serena wasn’t at the stadium to watch Ash beat Leon. She should have been the first to congratulate Ash on becoming world champion.
This at least, we can agree on. It was absolutely criminal she wasn't there cheering him on at the stadium.

I'm sorry, but.........I have to respectfully but vehemently disagree with literally everything you said.
Honestly AmourShipping isn’t as popular as it once was. I talked to other AmourShippers on deviantart and they were very disappointed with the episode. They even feel AnourShipping is good as dead.

This at least, we can agree on. It was absolutely criminal she wasn't there cheering him on at the stadium.
Yeah. Dawn I feel is the most overrated Pokemon girl. She appeared way too much in Journeys. 2 episodes should have been her maximum number of appearances. As for Chloe, I think she was there because maybe the writers want Ash to be with Chloe…?

Just call me the minority then. While it was a good episode (by the horribly low standards of Journeys,) and it was wonderful to see Serena again, too much of the episode was taken up by her spending time with Chloe (and let's be real here-seeing how Chloe turned out at the end, it's pretty clear Serena was wasting her time on her,) and her reunion with Ash lasted all of 5 seconds, which was completely unacceptable to me.

I can understand your dissatisfaction, I also wish Serena and Ash spent more time together. However, as for the rest, I respectfully disagree.

Serena didn't waste her time with Chloe, quite the contrary, her advice and teachings had a profound impact on the little girl, as well as showing us the transformative maturity that Serena went through in the time she remained distant from us. Furthermore, Serena repeats to Chloe some of the advices she received from Ash himself, which shows the public the deep respect and affection she has for the protagonist.

Her relationship and correspondence with Chloe was impeccable and, personally, I have the impression that in this one episode she managed to impact the novice more than Dawn in her various appearances.

Furthermore, her interaction with Ash, despite being very brief, was emotionally impactful and beautiful depicted, in addition to the various nuances and references it contains. JN-105 episode is, truly, one of my favorites episodes from the entire 25 years of the anime.
-------------------

On the other side, I've always had the impression that the Pokémon producers are hesitant when it comes to Serena, particularly due to the overwhelming enthusiasm from fans regarding her relationship with Ash. Unfortunately, this hesitation resulted in her character only making a single reappearance.

I believe the producers were reluctant to officially establish a romantic relationship between the two characters, yet they also didn't want to completely dismiss or invalidate the fans' hopes and expectations. It seems, to me, that they faced a dilemma and they didn't know how to proceed without causing any negative impact on either side.

It is a shame, and unfortunately, Ash's journey, it seems, has come to a definitive end.

Last edited:
On the other side, I've always had the impression that the Pokémon producers are hesitant when it comes to Serena, particularly due to the overwhelming enthusiasm from fans regarding her relationship with Ash. Unfortunately, this hesitation resulted in her character only making a single reappearance.

I believe the producers were reluctant to officially establish a romantic relationship between the two characters, yet they also didn't want to completely dismiss or invalidate the fans' hopes and expectations. It seems, to me, that they faced a dilemma and they didn't know how to proceed without causing any negative impact on either side.
Honestly I think the directors saw how popular AmourShipping was but decided it should be thrown in the trash. Plus Chloe might now be the most likely girl Ash ends up marrying because she was the only person who actually watched Ash’s Masters 8 battles AT THE STADIUM. The only other person who was there at the stadium to watch Ash in Galar was Goh, who watched Ash battle both Steven & Cynthia but wasn’t present when Ash faced Leon. Chloe was there for all 3.

Honestly I think the directors saw how popular AmourShipping was but decided it should be thrown in the trash. Plus Chloe might now be the most likely girl Ash ends up marrying because she was the only person who actually watched Ash’s Masters 8 battles AT THE STADIUM. The only other person who was there at the stadium to watch Ash in Galar was Goh, who watched Ash battle both Steven & Cynthia but wasn’t present when Ash faced Leon. Chloe was there for all 3.
W-wasn’t Dawn there too?

Honestly I feel in JN105 Serena’s feelings for Ash aren’t as strong as they were in XYZ. She just probably felt Ash taught good things to pass onto others. I think it’s clear she no longer has a goal to be Ash’s wife.

Back
Top Bottom