• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

I don't think the writers will take this shipping seriously even if they have given hints about it in certain episodes. I have seen both the Japanese and English episodes only up to the ones that have been released as well as the movie trailer and they do push Serena liking Ash however you also have to consider that they were running out of ideas so they decided, "Lets set the anime in France (apparent region of love) since we haven't been there before and we need a new character, I know how about we make a character that has known Ash in the past but we have never mentioned before because we only thought of it now." If they continue the way they are going eventually the anime will be so confusing that 10 year olds will never understand it.

I don't think the writers will take this shipping seriously even if they have given hints about it in certain episodes. I have seen both the Japanese and English episodes only up to the ones that have been released as well as the movie trailer and they do push Serena liking Ash however you also have to consider that they were running out of ideas so they decided, "Lets set the anime in France (apparent region of love) since we haven't been there before and we need a new character, I know how about we make a character that has known Ash in the past but we have never mentioned before because we only thought of it now." If they continue the way they are going eventually the anime will be so confusing that 10 year olds will never understand it.

So very true, I mean I know I got confused when I hear about Serena. Only what could the plot possibly be?

So very true, I mean I know I got confused when I hear about Serena. Only what could the plot possibly be?

There's always that small possibility that this could be Ash's last journey on the show.

Last edited:

Well, with Ruby and Sapphire remakes there's also a slight possibility contests come back to the show and it wouldn't surprise me if they would decide that Serena can out of nowhere become interested to go for contest, which is totally new for all these 10 year olds that just know XY and BW at best. It further would be a nice advertise for the re-makes. The Staff certainly was informed by Nintendo/Game Freak/The Pokemon Company that they will come before us so they can make eps for it on time. Though it might be nice if Ash would introduce Serena to contests. Then she wrongly assume she could impress Ash by becoming a great coordinator and ta-dah, we have something like a plot for Serena, advertising+ for RS remakes and a bit of stuff to be include in this relation trickery to reach older fans.

P.S. post no. 300 "this is Spaaaaartaaaaaaaaaaa"

Then she wrongly assume she could impress Ash by becoming a great coordinator and ta-dah, we have something like a plot for Serena, advertising+ for RS remakes and a bit of stuff to be include in this relation trickery to reach older fans.

If something like that happened...it frankly wouldn't make sense to me. Serena has had multiple chances to pursue something to try to impress Ash. Typically, in Anime, most females try to engage themselves in the same things that interest their love interest to impress them. Serena is highly aware that Ash loves Gym Battles, yet has done next to nothing to train her single Pokemon, much less pursue the same goal. Not being a true trainer alone would make her less appealing to Ash. Ash even found Rhyhorn Racing to be cool, so much so that he wanted to try it out. Despite this being something Serena is very familiar with and knowledgeable about, she has also failed to pursue that as a potential goal as a means to impress Ash. I don't see why she would suddenly find Contests to be the thing she needs to start doing to impress Ash.

The problem with Serena doing Contests is that it would very rare that suddenly Serena is doing them after not giving hints of getting a goal.

I think that this shipping is cute, and it's rather popular, but I think that for the ship to really work, we need:
1) An active role of Serena and being more prone to training. Not all the audience are shippers, and Serena should be more popular for things that aren't his crush on Ash.
2) Chemiostry between Ash and Serena. This is seriously lacking, being more notable with the canon crush.

Then she wrongly assume she could impress Ash by becoming a great coordinator and ta-dah, we have something like a plot for Serena, advertising+ for RS remakes and a bit of stuff to be include in this relation trickery to reach older fans.

If something like that happened...it frankly wouldn't make sense to me. Serena has had multiple chances to pursue something to try to impress Ash. Typically, in Anime, most females try to engage themselves in the same things that interest their love interest to impress them. Serena is highly aware that Ash loves Gym Battles, yet has done next to nothing to train her single Pokemon, much less pursue the same goal. Not being a true trainer alone would make her less appealing to Ash. Ash even found Rhyhorn Racing to be cool, so much so that he wanted to try it out. Despite this being something Serena is very familiar with and knowledgeable about, she has also failed to pursue that as a potential goal as a means to impress Ash. I don't see why she would suddenly find Contests to be the thing she needs to start doing to impress Ash.

Well, "wrongly assume" is the key word here but my actual point is more like I wouldn't totally exclude this possibility with the makers. That it doesn't make too much sense is clear to me but I wouldn't be surprised if they would do this, it wouldn't be their first stupid decision. However, we haven't even reached the 3rd gym yet so even if Serena did next to nothing besides admiring Ash there is still time to do something with her in that regard but it can only work if they want to. All we can do is speculate (weekly) about it.

Well, "wrongly assume" is the key word here but my actual point is more like I wouldn't totally exclude this possibility with the makers. That it doesn't make too much sense is clear to me but I wouldn't be surprised if they would do this, it wouldn't be their first stupid decision. However, we haven't even reached the 3rd gym yet so even if Serena did next to nothing besides admiring Ash there is still time to do something with her in that regard but it can only work if they want to. All we can do is speculate (weekly) about it.

I know, what I meant was that Serena's had several things she could have wrongly assumed would impress Ash but hasn't made an effort towards any of them yet. That's why I said it would seem weird that with Contests, it would be odd for her to suddenly start wrongly assuming things when she should have done so as early as Rhyhorn Racing. I wouldn't exclude the possibility, either, but it would just seem weird that the writers skipped so many opportunities for her to get involved in things to impress Ash.

I sort of had an idea. What if Ash mentions the Coordinators who had travelled with him previously (May and Dawn) if/when they come across a Pokemon Contest in Kalos. He could praise them and say something like he was really impressed with how much they improved as Coordinators and he sort of admires them now or something. Now this might lead to Serena wrongly assuming that she can impress Ash by taking part in Contests.
And whether her plan works or not is another thing, but she might actually start liking Contests in the mean-time, and make it a serious goal.
Okay, I know that it's a bit too much to hope for (especially, since the writers don't make Ash remember his friends from previous regions that often), but if they do something like this it will give Serena some nice character development.
As for Amourshipping itself, I hope there would be some hints during the summer-camp arc. A tag-battle between Ash-Serena and Tierno-Shauna would be interesting.

I know, what I meant was that Serena's had several things she could have wrongly assumed would impress Ash but hasn't made an effort towards any of them yet. That's why I said it would seem weird that with Contests, it would be odd for her to suddenly start wrongly assuming things when she should have done so as early as Rhyhorn Racing. I wouldn't exclude the possibility, either, but it would just seem weird that the writers skipped so many opportunities for her to get involved in things to impress Ash.

I agree with you on the weirdness of it but honestly, I barely put strange and stupid things beyond the maker of Pokèmon, if you wanna keep something ongoing for as long as possible you won't hesitate to do the most stupid things, as long as it prolongs the show.

I sort of had an idea. What if Ash mentions the Coordinators who had travelled with him previously (May and Dawn) if/when they come across a Pokemon Contest in Kalos. He could praise them and say something like he was really impressed with how much they improved as Coordinators and he sort of admires them now or something. Now this might lead to Serena wrongly assuming that she can impress Ash by taking part in Contests.
And whether her plan works or not is another thing, but she might actually start liking Contests in the mean-time, and make it a serious goal.
Okay, I know that it's a bit too much to hope for (especially, since the writers don't make Ash remember his friends from previous regions that often), but if they do something like this it will give Serena some nice character development.
As for Amourshipping itself, I hope there would be some hints during the summer-camp arc. A tag-battle between Ash-Serena and Tierno-Shauna would be interesting.

Well, they are like never have existed and only show up in the opening at best. If he would remember much on them it would imply he traveled long already and many things happened and they can't do that, this would mean there is some kind of story going on. This would make it harder to put in things like he has no experience in Pokèmon or other random things to prolong it.

There's always that small possibility that this could be Ash's last journey on the show.

Don't we all wish that? I mean not that it gets canceled but have Ash run off with Serena in the end and we get a new protagonist.

this is the first time that the crush has been admitted.... serena is inspired by ash.. she always blushes when she speaks to him.. SHE STARTED HER JOURNEY TO MEET HIM!!!! i really think that something will happen this time... Ash is more mature now.. The writers of the anime wouldnt have had serena admit her crush if they didnt intend to do something about it :) Ash also has been caught staring at her when she was in her frenekin costume for her pokevideo :)

i change my mind Ash x Serena is the real ship and is the most likely to become canon and is my favorite ship out of the others ashx ships

I have a question. Do you think it would be sweet of Ash defending Serena and her pokemon from Burgundy and her selfish demands?

I used to say Ash x Misty but this one overthrows this. Considering the history these two have, only to have been parted for, realistically, years, only to be reunited again. I guess it personally reminds me of a situation I'm in.

I'm 16 now, and when I was 11, since my parents are divorced, I would visit my dad in my original hometown every chance I got and his friend's daughter liked me and I liked her but I never stayed around long enough to get to know her too well, although I did live with them for a month in the summer. Finally, five years later, I moved out of my mom's house and in with my dad, and next thing you know, this girl is now my girlfriend and has been for a few months now.

Anyways. I think it's sweet how Ash and Serena knew each other, parted ways, didn't see each other for a long time, but Serena always kept Ash in her memories and Ash remembered her too.

Hello Amourshippers. I've only recently joined the forums and I just wanted to drop and say hi. I've actually been quite fond of this pairing, it's just so cute and I love that Serena knew Ash before she started traveling with him, Bonnie, and Clemont, that was quite interesting.

I guess the reason why I did not have a problem with Serena knowing Ash from childhood (and having an adorable crush on him) is that I felt that Serena is the closest thing for an anime version of Leaf, just from looking at the backstory with Ash and similar appearances. She doesn't look exactly the same as Leaf, but she does feel like the girl from Pallet Town for me (especially in the flashback scene). I wonder if she knows Gary or vice versa?

Hi there. Can I join? I'm a big fan of this pairing, it's so cute and I just love how Serena is crushing on Ash, they are just cute together.

I hope she knows Gary -ship them too- but I don't think so. Then again I'm the one that thought of rewriting the johto series with leaf. Back to the topic! Welcome to the amour shipping thread eryyy!

Hello. I just need to tell you that I am a hardcore supporter of this pairing, do you mind if I join this discussion?

Seriously, it's just such a cute pairing and I love the backstory behind. I think it was a very interesting to make Serena be a childhood acquaintance of Ash's, who also happens to have a crush on him.

Back
Top Bottom