• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

Hello. I just need to tell you that I am a hardcore supporter of this pairing, do you mind if I join this discussion?

Seriously, it's just such a cute pairing and I love the backstory behind. I think it was a very interesting to make Serena be a childhood acquaintance of Ash's, who also happens to have a crush on him.
Welcome to the board! Of course you can join!

It seems that Serena doesn't have any arguments with Ash so far. That's pretty good. Serena really have a real(canon) crush on Ash. I got a feeling that out of all of the shippings that involves with him will be very unique. If those two keep getting along without any tensions at all, then Dawn and Misty will have a big competition for his affection.

i actually found about about this via a different site, but was VERY interested, so i looked it up, and got hooked. i really got into it when Serena said "you really are an amazing person!" to Ash. then she got ALL embarrassed, which made that scene even cuter! Latias is gonna have some VERY big competition for Ash (support Alto-Shipping too). can't wait to see if Ash and Serena end up together! i also love how Serena is (so far) the ONLY companion that has an ACTUAL back story. I was pretty surprised when i found out they (Ash and Serena) knew each other. i'm wondering if ASH loves SERENA. we all (at least Amour-Shippers) know that Serena loves Ash, but we DON'T know if Ash loves Serena. if only Ash wasn't so freaking DENSE.

It'd be interesting to see what would be going on in the anime right now if Ash weren't so oblivious/dense. Anyways this could totally happen if somehow he becomes un-dense...? (how do I say that)

(also is it ok to discuss amourshipping fanfiction not written by me in here, or does that go somewhere in the fanfic forum)

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably heard of the upcoming ep that even is called something like "Serena and Satoshi's first Date" where they go shopping for Pokèmon presents together, just the two of them. How high do you see is the chance for some Shipping development? And honestly if it is not in this ep, there never will be I believe.

In regards to your question, I don't know. Like many others, I doubt the "date" actually a "date", so putting that aside for now, I'm unsure- in fact, these kinds of episodes I would have a slight pre-formed aversion towards for the matter that the hints could just be mere fan service than any authentic development, if executed poorly. But it could be executed well, so my thoughts aren't all negative. The "oath tree" part of the title fascinates me more, in that context, will they make a promise, like an oath to another? Of course, I'm reading too deeply into things without any evidence on that, but speculation is enjoyable regardless.

I've been a fan of this pairing after watching a few episodes with them. Serena is quite different than the other girls accompanying Ash before. ^^I'm really hoping for an episode that would feature something like that.

Episode 59 of the XY Series: Satoshi and Serena's First Date!? The Vow Tree and the Present!!

I can't help but anticipate this episode highly, yet I'm fairly certain that nothing really significant will come of it.

The premise of the episode is still pretty interesting though, and I am quite curious to see the interactions that will take place between the two during their shopping excursion. It is more than likely just a fan episode to keep the interest in AmourShipping peeked, and I know that nothing even close to drastic will happen, but at the bare minimum, at east they'll hopefully give some new hints for the fanfiction writers to work with.

Of course you never know, maybe they will mange to surprise us.

Last edited:
In regards to your question, I don't know. Like many others, I doubt the "date" actually a "date", so putting that aside for now, I'm unsure- in fact, these kinds of episodes I would have a slight pre-formed aversion towards for the matter that the hints could just be mere fan service than any authentic development, if executed poorly. But it could be executed well, so my thoughts aren't all negative. The "oath tree" part of the title fascinates me more, in that context, will they make a promise, like an oath to another? Of course, I'm reading too deeply into things without any evidence on that, but speculation is enjoyable regardless.

I'm pretty certain there won't be serious shippiness in this episode (or at all in XY) but it's just fun fooling around with Shipping, even if you know/believe it's not happening. If they do shipiness in it, it will probably poorly. If they aren't just throwing candy to take away later. Well, maybe it's still another enjoyable ep.

I am excited about that 'date' episode too. But I don't think it will be a real date. Maybe Bonnie or TR will tease Serena by calling the shopping trip a date and then Serena will blush.

I say the episode would get Ash to notice that Serena has some special feelings for him, and then he starts to feel something within him stirs. Small and subtle, but I believe it could lead to bigger potential arc of Ash realizing his feelings for Serena (perhaps distracting him while in training with Pokémon).

I'm looking forward for Ash and Serena's first date episode. I've been waiting for Ash to get a date since Where Art Thou, Pokemon episode.

It was interesting that the gym battle lacked its standard hint, unless I missed something, but the preview for XY 059 made up for it pretty solidly.

Serena staring at a wedding dress in a shop window as well as her trying to hold Ash's hand while they are walking, priceless. Then of course there is the gift that Ash seems to give Serena during the ceremony, I can only begin to fathom what that might be. Of course, giving her a gift doesn't have to be seen as inherently shippy, but I suppose the context as well as the gift itself while solidify that aspect of things.

Any who, the preview left me quite hopeful about the future of the ship. All of the pessimistic speculation that Serena would shift her entire focus towards performing was beginning to get to me. I highly doubt they would throw this many overt hints into one episode if the intent was to drop her feelings shortly thereafter. In fact, this all leaves me quite confident that Serena's character will be perfectly capable of having both her feelings for Ash and her performance aspirations balanced appropriately.

Ash's gift to Serena still has me ponding though. So what do you think it will be if you care to speculate?

I personally reason that it will be some sort of trinket that Serena can wear or bring to her first performance, perhaps something that she might come to regard as a good luck charm and bring to her performances in the future as well.

Last edited:
Serena trying to hold Ash's hand in the preview was so cute :3

I agree Ash's gift to Serena would be something useful for her first Performing. A nice accessory for either her or her pokemons.

Or maybe he'd give her a new handkerchief - shout out to that episode where Serena's crush on him was confirmed

EDIT: You know what, this ship might actually be canon. Pokemon master, Kalos queen... who knows XD

Last edited:
I'm so excited for the upcoming episode. Serena's feelings for Ash is very real. I wonder what Melody from Pokemon 2000 would have to say about Ash's first date. Knowing Macy from Mahogany Town,she probably will not be happy about this.

Needless to say when I first heard the title announcement for XY059 I was in some doubts... until the preview for it completely sold me on the fact that they're not joking around with the idea of shipping Ash and Serena for real even if Ash himself may be dense, but then again, given what I've seen of XY thus far, I can actually imagine that somehow, Serena will break through that density of his to finally get through to him, in one way or another.

I don't think it would be too far off the mark to call XY 59 and XY 60 a two part AmourShipping set.

There's no need to go into the details of XY 59 at this point, since any AmourShipper already knows what went down, and it was to a certain extent just a tad disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it had some fantastic Serena-hints and even Ash's gift at the end. Perhaps it was all the over-inflation and hype the episode got, but it didn't feel like the amazing shipping episode that it had been built up to be. It simply couldn't live up to most people's expectations.

Yet now, a week later, I have come to a new found appreciation of it. Though it was a shipping episode all on its own, I feel that its real purpose was to set the stage for the ship development that was to come in the episode to follow. Which brings us to XY 60. Serena's performance debut.

The end, during the revelation of Serena's new appearance to the group, is where the events of XY 59 as well as the events of Serena's performance came together perfectly. It was almost as if AmourShipping and Serena's dream of performing merged together to some greater or lesser extent. Most specifically, I am referring to the fact that Serena's new outfit, which she adopted to reflect her new attitude towards her goal, incorporates the blue ribbon she was gifted by Ash. Something that Ash himself not only pointed out, but complimented. Yet once again it is the ribbon's presence on the outfit that is most notable. The symbol of Serena's new found drive to be the Kalos Queen is simultaneously a symbol that she will carry a part of Ash with her all along the way towards achieving that goal. In addition to that, it will serve as a little symbol of AmourShipping in pretty much any episode to come starring Serena.

The appearance of Yashio and the interest she took in Serena I also found a bit peculiar. From what little I have read about her, she seems to be some sort of big-shot retired performance judge. Based on the attention she gave to Serena, I am curios if she sees some of her former self in the young girl, and perhaps sees some sort of potential.

This leads to my latest question: What role if any do you think Yashio could play in AmourShipping?

Though I would have preferred to stay away from end-of-ship discussion this early in the series, I personally could see the following scenario playing out at the end of Serena's performance arc. She makes it to the Master Class and is defeated. Yashio, who has been secretly following her career throughout the saga, approaches her and offers to use her expertise to train her. Serena then chooses to stay in Kalos to train and reach her goal thus giving her an exit from the series and freeing up her slot for the next generation.

That's a bit more pessimistic than my actual ideal resolution, but it seems plausible given what little has been shown, or does it? What do you think?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom