• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

As a fellow Amourshipper and something of a romantic myself, I thought it was an adorable little clip. I think childhood romances are some of the sweetest of them all and it's one of the reasons I like this ship so much.
I personally hate it if any media does "they are childhood friends thus they love each other and will marry" thing but in this case I'm okay with it though truth to be told, I may just want Ash to settle down with one girl by now and not the constant "new girl, new shipping" though we all know that is as likely to be happening as Ash finally aging (heck, Journeys isn't even an in itself contained and concluded storyline anymore like previous regions).

I personally hate it if any media does "they are childhood friends thus they love each other and will marry" thing but in this case I'm okay with it though truth to be told, I may just want Ash to settle down with one girl by now and not the constant "new girl, new shipping" though we all know that is as likely to be happening as Ash finally aging (heck, Journeys isn't even an in itself contained and concluded storyline anymore like previous regions).

I am accepting of the trope as well myself, but still find it to be just as cool when they avert the cliche.

I'd say the real problems are more:

1. It feels like an attempt to undermine any other ships before and after by saying that Serena was there even before the beginning.

And even then it really doesn't work for a show with no end in sight as I'm going to get into...

2. For one thing aside from Serena tending to his injury in a parallel to the flashback, the episodes overall would work just the same if she started her journey independently and met up with him suddenly smitten.

Second, however, that's probably cause they couldn't do more with the flashback.

What I mean is that they pretty much would keep him ambiguous. So that way he could seem interested, oblivious or flattered but uninterested.

Let's look at the flashback to their only encounter before the present. Just one meeting as far as they chose to present. I think that's cause if the two had met and hung out together a lot at camp, it would definitely make Ash in the present look like he ultimately forgot about his childhood "crush" and removes some of that ambiguity option.

Really as one Tumblr user states, Ash and Serena would have worked infinitely better as a standalone type story that is either outside the franchise or say an alternative Canon where he never traveled with any other gal (or boy in the case of Goh:-D). Heck aside from a brief acknowledgement of an old friend with a Piplup, not really any acknowledgement of past companions.

Anyway, more a Pokéshipper and here and there on Ash/Goh, but I respect the pairing and it having fans.

Heck: Tetsuo Yajima Interview on XY

Funny that a kiss is too much for the kids, but you can have a Sun and Moon hot springs episode.

Brought this up in the thread pertaining to Dogasu's Comparison of Navel Manuever to it's Japanese version.

Pervy scenes are wholesome, but kisses nope.

Even the more tame American animated fare have been more at ease with that.

I am accepting of the trope as well myself, but still find it to be just as cool when they avert the cliche.

I'd say the real problems are more:

1. It feels like an attempt to undermine any other ships before and after by saying that Serena was there even before the beginning.

And even then it really doesn't work for a show with no end in sight as I'm going to get into...

2. For one thing aside from Serena tending to his injury in a parallel to the flashback, the episodes overall would work just the same if she started her journey independently and met up with him suddenly smitten.

Second, however, that's probably cause they couldn't do more with the flashback.

What I mean is that they pretty much would keep him ambiguous. So that way he could seem interested, oblivious or flattered but uninterested.

Let's look at the flashback to their only encounter before the present. Just one meeting as far as they chose to present. I think that's cause if the two had met and hung out together a lot at camp, it would definitely make Ash in the present look like he ultimately forgot about his childhood "crush" and removes some of that ambiguity option.

Really as one Tumblr user states, Ash and Serena would have worked infinitely better as a standalone type story that is either outside the franchise or say an alternative Canon where he never traveled with any other gal (or boy in the case of Goh:-D). Heck aside from a brief acknowledgement of an old friend with a Piplup, not really any acknowledgement of past companions.

Anyway, more a Pokéshipper and here and there on Ash/Goh, but I respect the pairing and it having fans.

Heck: Tetsuo Yajima Interview on XY

Funny that a kiss is too much for the kids, but you can have a Sun and Moon hot springs episode.

Brought this up in the thread pertaining to Dogasu's Comparison of Navel Manuever to it's Japanese version.

Pervy scenes are wholesome, but kisses nope.

Even the more tame American animated fare have been more at ease with that.
1. There have been countless hot springs in every Pokemon series
2. A first kiss on the lips is scared in Japan hense why they didn’t show it

1. There have been countless hot springs in every Pokemon series
2. A first kiss on the lips is scared in Japan hense why they didn’t show it

1. Noted. Though I think even with that in mind it strengthens my claim of such a double standard.

2. Yeah, but that makes it sound like tact and classiness is a regular priority when if it strikes their fancy they dismiss such concerns.

When Dragonite meets Serena for the first time and sees her and Ash together, I neeeeed this to happen:
1649396989857.png

Today’s episode did little to scratch my AmourShipping itches, but the moment we got was still cute.

Really hope that Serena will appear again. If characters like Gary and Dawn got multiple appearances, why not Serena? I’d like her to have a good quality time with Ash and if I don’t, I’m gonna write some oneshot myself!

If nothing else, I hope Serena appears once more before Aim to be a Pokemon Master ends. The reunion she got with Ash in "Reuniting for the First Time"! was much too short for my liking. It was great, sure, but too short. Of course, what I'm really hoping for before everything ends is Amourshipping acknowledgement/referencing, but we'll just have to see what happens. I haven't lost hope just yet.
Two episodes left… don’t have that much hole left for Amour
Don't lose hope. Keep it alive until the end.

Last edited:

Well, I found this on Twitter, and I have to say, I don't think I've ever hoped someone was wrong more in my life. Because, if this does turn out to be true, there's a very good chance we may never see these characters again after the end, and this will have been their last chance. All I can say is, if it's true, we better see Ash and Serena again someday, in the new series or otherwise. Because if all we ever get for an Ash and Serena reunion is that 30 second hi-bye that JN gave us, I'll be pretty pissed. :mad: Not that that reunion was bad, mind you, but for a pairing as special as Ash and Serena it deserved more than 30-40 seconds. :confused_emoji:

Darn, I was wrong and all my dreams were crushed lol. :lapras:

But at least the sunset in the last scene when Serena waved goodbye to Ash for the final time was romantic. I wish that Go and Chloe hadn't been there so it would have felt a little more personal.

I'm going to headcanon that he flew to Hoenn on Pidgeot to congratulate Serena on winning the Master class (it kind of looked like Serena and May were busy with something important since they were still in their contests outfits while watching Ash on TV). Then he confessed before Serena even had the chance to bring up the kiss lol. If May is still there and Contestshipping is canon maybe they went on a double date?

Back
Top Bottom