• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

Nice that this one brings together all kinds of Shippers, just like the theme of XY (simply look at the ending). Pokèshipper, Advanceshipper, Pearlshipper, Morpheusshipper... even non-Shippers and who knows how much more and some even before the first airing of XY. Can this be a good sign for the future of AmourShipping?
I'm not convinced for this Ship but give Serena a good main plot as well as a male and female rival, the same for Ash and it might work out. It's more like a cannon but one-sided crush on Serena's side until the saga ends and they simply part ways. Someday Serena might realize Ash is unable to understand her feelings and gives up. (XY is still good without love)

Anyway, just for fun let's see, what could Serena do to get through Ash's thick head and causing her feelings to be heard and react romantically? Oh and please think realistic if you can.

I agree, as we are just starting to get the first Dutch dubbed episodes here in the Netherlands, I like the setup for XY, the tune, a cute childhood story about how Serena and Ash first met. Though my main ship is still Morpheus (although sometimes it seems I'm the last one left, judging by the lack of postings in the topic for that ship) I am curious to see how this develops. XY does follow the usual antics of a Pokemon anime season, but yet on some account is different, so I don't know what to expect.

Well, I had something for Morpheus as well but ever since BW I moved away from Shipping in Pokèmon since it's pointless as long as Ash stays a stupid (at least not so much in XY) and oblivious 10 years old (though I wonder what would a "Ash has birthday episode" like, now with Serena as well). However, one might get some fun or laugher out of Shipping as long as you don't expect too much so even if I now check some Shipping again I won't take it too seriously (sorry to be Mr. Sour Grape here but that's just how it is).

Okay, what point is this tiny little pic here, all I see is a Third-Person view from behind Corinna with Lucario, Clemont and Bonnie (I like Citron and Eureka better) in the middle and Ash and Serena standing right before the Noibat and the title, most likely referencing to Lucario soooooo, what do you want to tell us here, please brief me on that.

I was talking about the title of the episode, not the picture. "Hearts Calling to Eachother" sounds interesting, unless they were talking about the two Mega Lucarios that were in the title of one of the previous episodes.

Probly nothing, but seriously... I want romance!

I'm scared that since this is a kids show, they won't go through with the whole Ash/Serena love thing. But honestly, how are they going to do the whole XY07 thing with the blushing and the flashback scene, AND now the pokepuff girl asking about brides and telling Serena she's gonna steal her man... How can they not delve into the romance thing now after all that?

I was talking about the title of the episode, not the picture. "Hearts Calling to Eachother" sounds interesting, unless they were talking about the two Mega Lucarios that were in the title of one of the previous episodes.

I suspect it referenced to the Lucarios thx for clearing up what you mean.

Probly nothing, but seriously... I want romance!

I'm scared that since this is a kids show, they won't go through with the whole Ash/Serena love thing. But honestly, how are they going to do the whole XY07 thing with the blushing and the flashback scene, AND now the pokepuff girl asking about brides and telling Serena she's gonna steal her man... How can they not delve into the romance thing now after all that?

That is the whole bad point on this. Although there is still a big audience of teens and even adults for Pokemon it's still (handled) a kids show, no love here. It starts already with Ash never aging despite time mentioning in the series before a league for example, even in Japanese. You can say our understanding of time flow doesn't apply to it but still, it is a disappointment. At this point I fear this relation is just treats, dangling before Shippers nose. But no giving up yet. From the pace so far I suspect at least a second season of XY or this one with like 80 eps or so (unless they cramp in 6 gyms and the league in like 30 eps but I don't see that coming). Plenty of time for getting hopes up.

I agree. They almost have to at least address the romance at this point. All the blushing, the comment from Serena rival girl, and the history Ash and Serena have. I don't get why people say "the writers won't address it because they never do." Well, outside of Misty, we've never had this much canon shipping in the anime.

Wasn't most of the Ash and Misty ship tease from the dub, compared to Ash and Serena's ship tease in the original?

I saw possibility romantically but quickly realized it's just another friendship ship. Nothing to get excited about yeah she had for like 1 day childhood hero crush but it seemed over with rather quickly.

I'm not sure about that. The sub-plot of Serena knowing Ash from Childhood and having a canonical crush is not going to be quickly resolve considering how other subplots from the anime are handled in the past, like the Buziel and Aipom Trade, Chimchar joining Ash, Misty denying that she has a crush on Ash, and so forth. Given how the marketing team are giving ship teases left to right, such implying Serena's jealousy in the Sylveon episode and the Pokévison episode, I expect that sub-plot to resurface in the future.
She remembers him he blanks on it he has no recollection of that 1 day at summer camp. Then Ash acts like friemdly guy he is. She can one sode crush on him all she likes while otjer guy in group likes jer nut inless Ash shows some sort of hint which he won't nothing will come of it. I am fine witj friendship ships its just kinda odd some ppl see more when there is no more
Wasn't most of the Ash and Misty ship tease from the dub, compared to Ash and Serena's ship tease in the original?

Some hints where added but far from all the blimp in orange islands was 100% for real. And they removed several pokeshipping hints from orginal as well. I don't understand it either i guess cultural diffrence but I wouldn't know for sure.

Either way until they decide personally I hope soon they need new protagonist Ash won't end uo with anyone. Not that everyone doesn't have own opinion on who they think it should be.

Last edited:
I saw possibility romantically but quickly realized it's just another friendship ship. Nothing to get excited about yeah she had for like 1 day childhood hero crush but it seemed over with rather quickly.

I'm not sure about that. The sub-plot of Serena knowing Ash from Childhood and having a canonical crush is not going to be quickly resolve considering how other subplots from the anime are handled in the past, like the Buziel and Aipom Trade, Chimchar joining Ash, Misty denying that she has a crush on Ash, and so forth. Given how the marketing team are giving ship teases left to right, such implying Serena's jealousy in the Sylveon episode and the Pokévison episode, I expect that sub-plot to resurface in the future.
She remembers him he blanks on it he has no recollection of that 1 day at summer camp. Then Ash acts like friemdly guy he is. She can one sode crush on him all she likes while otjer guy in group likes jer nut inless Ash shows some sort of hint which he won't nothing will come of it. I am fine witj friendship ships its just kinda odd some ppl see more when there is no more

Given that Serena's rival Millefeui noticed Serena's interest on Ash and said that if she doesn't act soon, another girl will take Ash for herself, it's hard to see Ash and Serena as just friends. They've really pushed the Amourshipping hints in that episode. Considering that Ash confirms he hadn't even thought of having a girlfriend (in a love sense) to Millefeui, I think it's quite clear that Serena's character arc revolves around her breaking Ash's obliviousness to love. She had already made the first step by making those PokéPuffs, now all we need to see is where she would go from there next.

I don't know how they can have the Puff episode with talks about brides and stealing Ash away if Serena doesn't get it together and lay claim to her man only to forget about the romance later. I'm sure that's what will happen, but I hope not.

To me, this is the "most real" a canon ship has been since Misty. These hints are just made up by the shippers. It's actually there for us to see.

I want there to be a scene where Serena cooks breakfast in bed for Ash. I had a dream like that and I'm hoping it's a sign.

I'm surprised where the writers are taking this Serena x Ash deal. Yes, there is no affirmative confirmation on whether Serena has legitimate feelings for Ash or vise-versa, but the hints Serena are portraying are somewhat plausible. I don't think this will go anywhere due to Ash's nature, but if something does happen in the end, then it will be a real shocker. I use to ship Ash x Misty years ago, but for Serena.. I honestly don't know who would be a perfect candidate. This anime needs more romance.. more feels.. but then again the target market for this anime is the reason why those needs aren't met.

I'm surprised where the writers are taking this Serena x Ash deal.

That's a good question, as to where. I wonder how will her attraction towards him develop, if it all- in the case that of Serena with the photograph, inching closer to him on purpose, and away from the others in the shoot, then being passionate upon looking at the photograph, seeing she is beside Ash. I would presume that Serena's romantic feelings are still immature from that and other instances, as well as the fact that her attraction towards him does not waver necessarily when she meets him, but I could not put it as just infatuation due to the prolonged exposure to him, but I wouldn't say it's actually far from that, due to the interactions.
This makes me somewhat hopeful- there could be a development between her feelings and their relations.

I do wonder about the Summer Camp Arc we will be having- one of the pictures has Serena looking out, in a possibly wistful way? Is she recalling the summer camp where she met Ash initially?

The writers have to do something with this ship to give it closure. They've hyped it up so its going to be interesting to see where they take it.

The writers have to do something with this ship to give it closure. They've hyped it up so its going to be interesting to see where they take it.

I don't see why. They can literally end the ship the same way they did with Misty. Serena finally finds a goal that seperates her from Ash, she's sad about leaving him...but that's all. The new generation starts and Serena is gone besides a small cameo.

I mean the anime isn't complicated. Serena's crush on Ash will probably continue to be hinted throughout the saga but as we get to the end of the generation the writers will push it to the side. This wouldn't be the first time the writers abandoned a shipping when a new gen begins. Hell they even did the same with Buneary's crush on Pikachu by the end of DP, which was also more or less forgotten about.

Latest dub episode is called "A PokéVision of Things to Come!" and most of the hints in it have something to do with the PokéVision video. Maybe Ash and Serena's relationship is one of those "things"? I don't know, but why else would they put that in the episode title?

Well Ash did show a different reaction in contrast to Clemont, Bonnie, and the Pokémon. Whether it was Ash's hidden feelings and affections for girls emerging out of his oblivious for the first time since Giselle or mere confusion, it certainly does show that the relationship between Ash and Serena is a major subplot of XY. For Serena, it's clear that her arc revolves around her trying to Ash's obliviousness to love, as it's revealed that the reason why Ash never sees his former female companions as love interests is because none of them directly proposed to him to be her boyfriend (closest was the love-hate "he's not my boyfriend" relationship with Misty). Whether she'll succeed is another question.

Hey sorry if I broke in without permission but you guys are really need to see XY031 where there's a scene that Serena is blushing over the gang's photo. I think she's looking at Ash for a closeup and before when photoshooting she's is closing space with Ash too. Is this making a strong evidence that Serena is does like Ash?

I do wonder about the Summer Camp Arc we will be having- one of the pictures has Serena looking out, in a possibly wistful way? Is she recalling the summer camp where she met Ash initially?

Most likely. Also, am I the only one who is wondering why the writers are being so unsubtle?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom