• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

Ben 10

It's hero time!
Reaction score
XY is on the horizon and after seeing the new poster and how Serena is apparently blushing at Ash I wanted to make this thread.

Re: The Ash x Serena Thread

I hate this shipping The anime hasn't even started and already there's a possible hint. That's a good sign for XtraordinarYshippers!

What about Ash x black form Yvonne, I can somewhat get behind that.

I hate this shipping The anime hasn't even started and already there's a possible hint. That's a good sign for XtraordinarYshippers!

What about Ash x black form Yvonne, I can somewhat get behind that.

Let;s not get ahead of ourselves let's wait to see how Anime Serena turns out before pairing Ash with the others. xD

I really hope she's not all nicey-nice to him, that way, they'd have more interesting chemistry.

I really hope she's not all nicey-nice to him, that way, they'd have more interesting chemistry.

If she has a toned down arrogant attitude towards him similar to Trip and Paul it could work.

First of all , Is she's same age as Ash ??

Second Of All , Her relationship & background with Ash should be more like Ritsu & Mio (K-on) .

Third of All , I like to see Misty's reaction ! Since she might no longer be the girl who knew Ash the longest .

forth of All , I want to see Ash remembering a promise he made to a childhood friend a long time ago at the final episode of Best Wishs! There will be short 2 secant flashback of an unknown girl who later reveal to be Serena .

Honestly , She haven't appear yet and we hardly know anything about her but we already got a shipping hint from Pokemon Smash !

First of all , Is she's same age as Ash ??

Second Of All , Her relationship & background with Ash should be more like Ritsu & Mio (K-on) .

Third of All , I like to see Misty's reaction ! Since she might no longer be the girl who knew Ash the longest .

forth of All , I want to see Ash remembering a promise he made to a childhood friend a long time ago at the final episode of Best Wishs! There will be short 2 secant flashback of an unknown girl who later reveal to be Serena .

Honestly , She haven't appear yet and we hardly know anything about her but we already got a shipping hint from Pokemon Smash !

What shipping hint?

What shipping hint?

Here 13792010630065.png

Notice what seems to be a blush on Serena's face along with a admiring look that she seems to be giving Ash.

I'll be really surprised if she has a canon crush on Ash. Sure, it won't go anywhere like all ships in the anime never become canon, but it'll be interesting to see the subplot.

Th fact Serena already knows Ash from their childhood just makes me want this ship so bad. xD

I have to say, the part in Serena's flashback of Ash certainly increased my interest in this shipping. Since her flashback of him has him smiling, I reckon their relationship was genial at least. However, it's definitely hitting me hard in where I'm a sucker for: childhood friends, my favourite kind of shipping dynamic. Since she apparently likes her fashion, I kind of hope she rates Ash's fashion sense in his new outfit, perhaps a compliment? uvu

The higher-quality picture of the poster we have now definitely shows her with some kind of facial marks, and since the trailer and art didn't show any markings on her face, it can be concluded that she's likely blushing in the poster. And with that, plus that flashback and surprising background of Serena's, consider me interested. =D

Gonna be a fun little subplot. She can probably go to the Pokemon Centers and change her outfit to try and match Ash's own preferences. XD

Surprised how fast this ship is growing , it shows how fans were expecting any kind of canon crush since Misty in the series( not yet but there's potential) and the fact they have met before,the way she's shown thinking about Ash and the fact she's blushing whilst glancing towards him on the poster could be counted as hints and the show has not even started!

My guesses is that; Serena is from Pallet Town and then she moved away or she was just on vacation/trip to Pallet Town and they meet once and never saw each other again until now.

Actually the XY games and anime made me interested in Pokémon again , and this might the first shipping in years I'll support . So yeah, count me in.

For what Serena says in the part of the flashback, it seems that it was just a one-time encounter, so maybe the term childhood-friends isn't "correct" at all, but that also proves that the meeting caused quite the impression for her to remember him just for a one time encounter. What could it be their history?

The higher-quality picture of the poster we have now definitely shows her with some kind of facial marks, and since the trailer and art didn't show any markings on her face, it can be concluded that she's likely blushing in the poster. And with that, plus that flashback and surprising background of Serena's, consider me interested. =D

Gonna be a fun little subplot. She can probably go to the Pokemon Centers and change her outfit to try and match Ash's own preferences. XD

I wonder if the writers decided to do a new main girl with a crush on Ash simply because its been what...16 years since the series started? Since Misty has been gone from the anime so long now, the writers probably feel its been long enough that they can do a new shipping subplot with a new girl since half the original fanbase from 1998 is now gone.

The difference is Serena's crush on Ash will probably be very different than Misty's, as I can see Serena's crush being more shy or subdued. Either way color me interested, this is going to be much more intense than the random admiration moments May or Dawn showed to Ash from time to time.

For what Serena says in the part of the flashback, it seems that it was just a one-time encounter, so maybe the term childhood-friends isn't "correct" at all.

That's what I'm thinking. If the were really close childhood friends she would have referred to Ash by name, not "that boy". Regardless if it was a long time, or not. You don't just forget you close childhood friends names IMO.

In smash they said they were child hood friends.
FYI, they were really young back than, Ash has been through so much by now. All it takes is one memory, it could all come back to him.

I'm shipping this, tons of interesting things and moments already and it's just the previews and poster. Can't wait to see what she has to say about Ash when they meet.

Also, the previews some times try to hide important things like that, that's saying it without actually saying it.

No they didn't, it just said "She seems to have met Ash before...?!" I think all of us assumed they were. That was until I heard and saw translated her line "It has to be that boy from back then."

Last edited:

No they didn't, it just said "She seems to have met Ash before...?!" I think all of us assumed they were. That was until I heard and saw translated her line "It has to be that boy from back then."

If that's correct, guess he left a good impression on her. Me thinks it could be a crush from Serena's side :)
Man either way, can't way to see some scenes between them and what happened.

Back
Top Bottom