• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

Re: The Ash x Serena Thread

I'm supporting this ship, but.. still an advanceshipper at heart ;)

I wonder if the writers decided to do a new main girl with a crush on Ash simply because its been what...16 years since the series started? Since Misty has been gone from the anime so long now, the writers probably feel its been long enough that they can do a new shipping subplot with a new girl since half the original fanbase from 1998 is now gone.

I doubt the workings of a saga close to two decades old has any bearing on the plot intricacies in XY. The writers apparently wanted to shake up the traditional meet-up between Ash and the regional female, and so they made so that Serena has some history with Ash, or at least someone who looks like Ash. Her apparently crushing on him is merely coincidence - flavorful and appealing coincidence, but coincidence all the same.

The difference is Serena's crush on Ash will probably be very different than Misty's, as I can see Serena's crush being more shy or subdued. Either way color me interested, this is going to be much more intense than the random admiration moments May or Dawn showed to Ash from time to time.

As long as it doesn't become too intense to the point of casting her primary goal as a trainer to the sidelines. That would get boring and aggravating quickly.

I doubt the workings of a saga close to two decades old has any bearing on the plot intricacies in XY. The writers apparently wanted to shake up the traditional meet-up between Ash and the regional female, and so they made so that Serena has some history with Ash, or at least someone who looks like Ash. Her apparently crushing on him is merely coincidence - flavorful and appealing coincidence, but coincidence all the same.

I'll be happy as long as Serena isn't another beginning trainer Ash meets afterward. I never liked how Dawn's start was almost the same as May's, like they rehashed the same intro episode for the following girl. Also Serena doesn't seem to have a bike either....thank god.

As long as it doesn't become too intense to the point of casting her primary goal as a trainer to the sidelines. That would get boring and aggravating quickly.

I honestly wonder if Serena even will have a goal. It doesn't seem like Contests are returning and she isn't being promoted on the advertisements as much as Dawn was in DP, so she might not even be a co-star. Its very well possible she'll be a support character with a more passive goal like Ash's other sidekick companions.

As for your concern, its not like Misty's crush showed up in every episode either. In fact it went long periods of time in the anime without even being hinted at. Since the show is still aimed at young boys its obvious there won't be much of it in every episode, just a little every so often.

Plot Twist : Ash isn't clueless About Romance !
He understand the concept of Love and Notice other girl feeling for him but he decided to pretend to be oblivious Because He's already has a secret crush on his Childhood Friend Serena and he didn't wanted to confront other girls .

Just Kidding !!!!

However , I hope Ash & Serena's relationship isn't like Ash & Dawn where Serena show Open Admiration toward Ash .
Since they are childhood friend , I want them to act like Childhood friend .
Like -

-Ash & Serena calling each other by special nick name

-Ash trying to show off his maturity only to get Tease by Serena and Both of them start arguing.

-Ash & Serena knowing about each other habit & Personality well since they were childhood friend .

-Ash & Serena showing a Special closeness that Only childhood friend can have.

-Flashback of Ash & Serena's funny backstory that showcase their closeness .

Basically like How Ash & Misty will act if they bump into each other now.

Last edited:

I support this ship.

I already like her more than misty, may and iris anyways.

He understand the concept of Love and Notice other girl feeling for him but he decided to pretend to be oblivious Because He's already has a secret crush on his Childhood Friend Serena and he didn't wanted to confront other girls .

Just Kidding !!!!

However , I hope Ash & Serena's relationship isn't like Ash & Dawn where Serena show Open Admiration toward Ash .
Like -

-Ash trying to show off his maturity only to get Tease by Serena and Both of them start arguing.

-Ash & Serena knowing about each other habit & Personality well since they were childhood friend .

What does this have to do with Misty?
I like the idea of a special nickname between each other though, it sounds cute :3

I support this ship.

You would, wouldn't you? If anything Serena's interactions with Ash should hopefully be different than past female leads. Like no high-fives or tsundre moments especially.

I'd like it if Serena was extremely shy or something. I don't think we've had a female lead that subdued before.

I support this ship.

You would, wouldn't you? If anything Serena's interactions with Ash should hopefully be different than past female leads. Like no high-fives or tsundre moments especially.

I'd like it if Serena was extremely shy or something. I don't think we've had a female lead that subdued before.

While it would be different, I'm just not feeling it from the trailer.

Just Kidding !!!!

Like -

What does this have to do with Misty?
I like the idea of a special nickname between each other though, it sounds cute :3

Well , Considering How Ash was during Original series , Serena much the one who use to straighten him up before Misty during his childhood if he & She was a close childhood friend.
I like to see that type of relation .
I like to see Serena trying to straighten Ash up when he does dangerous Or childish stuff.
I hope there won't any formality between Ash & Serena!!!
Or there will no point behind Ash & Serena being childhood friend if they act formally .

Look at Serena's body language in the trailer and the poster, she looks shy and reserved. When Dawn was advertises she was always shown in a jumping pose with her hands in the air or along those lines, showing that she was very enthusiastic. Serena on the other hand is just sitting there shyly.

She's probably going to be more like May I guess.

Look at Serena's body language in the trailer and the poster, she looks shy and reserved. When Dawn was advertises she was always shown in a jumping pose with her hands in the air or along those lines, showing that she was very enthusiastic. Serena on the other hand is just sitting there shyly.

She's probably going to be more like May I guess.
I don't see her looking too reserved in the trailer, but serena jumping in the middle of all those pokemon would just be kind of weird.

Any shyness will abate fast when ash acts nice to her in a state of ovliviousness. Who knows maybe she can give him some physical comfort when ash drops out of the kalos league

Last edited:

Serena looks more calm and collected then anything else. If she was shy it would probably be around Ash for a bit if she does have a canon crush on him.

I wonder if Ash going to meet Serena on first episode Or Second episode !!!
Or May be on Third episode .

All the female traveling companions before her have debuted on the first episode of their series, so I don't think they'd break a status quo, but perhaps.

I was wondering... it would be pleasant for the two to have an episode alone, which probably could happen, as judging as Clemont is a still Gym Leader challenging Ash in one of the scans and his sister, Bonnie would be with him. Hopefully, some memories will be rekindled, whatever those are of. Usually, you tend to have one or two little shippy hints with the female companions in the initial episodes, so fingers crossed.

All the female traveling companions before her have debuted on the first episode of their series, so I don't think they'd break a status quo, but perhaps.

I was wondering... it would be pleasant for the two to have an episode alone, which probably could happen, as judging as Clemont is a still Gym Leader challenging Ash in one of the scans and his sister, Bonnie would be with him. Hopefully, some memories will be rekindled, whatever those are of. Usually, you tend to have one or two little shippy hints with the female companions in the initial episodes, so fingers crossed.

The first hint I expect is a slight blush from Serena when they meet up for the first time.

So Serena does have physical blushing when she sees Ash for the first time in the XY trailer shown. Keep in mind the blush is there for a reason, as neither May nor Dawn had that when they saw Ash for the first time...so they're making it clear that Serena actually is flustered about seeing Ash.

I'm really surprised they writers are having another main girl crush on Ash, especially after they abandoned it with Misty over a decade ago. Are the writers really going to do anything with an Ash x main girl pairing this time? I hope its actually planned out well this time if that's the case.

Serena declaring her love for Ash would amuse me greatly for various reasons.

So Serena does have physical blushing when she sees Ash for the first time in the XY trailer shown. Keep in mind the blush is there for a reason, as neither May nor Dawn had that when they saw Ash for the first time...so they're making it clear that Serena actually is flustered about seeing Ash.

I'm really surprised they writers are having another main girl crush on Ash, especially after they abandoned it with Misty over a decade ago. Are the writers really going to do anything with an Ash x main girl pairing this time? I hope its actually planned out well this time if that's the case.

Serena declaring her love for Ash would amuse me greatly for various reasons.

Tbh Misty's "crush" on Ash was just implied by the fandom and dub. She was never confirmed to have a canon crush on Ash.

But the fact Serena blushes kinda implies that she has some sort of affection for him.

It's interesting that before the XY series is going to be aired, Serena has already brought a different kind of impact towards the shipping fandom and have instant fans. From the trailer, I knew she had this connection to our main lead and I got to say, it really got me hyped to see their future interactions. I got to say, I'm really intrigued by the fact that they are considered to be childhood friends or at least have met during Ash's old days. I'm really onto childhood friend shippings. hehe. I'm kinda curious what will be their reactions towards each other and how will Ash respond to Serena if she made him remember that they have met long ago. Is it Ash who pushed her to follow her dreams or the like..etc.

I'm also curious of how their attitudes and personalities will create another different chemistry. or will Serena got friendonized by Ash for some reasons..haha.At first, I haven't recognized that blush on her face..XD Oh well..Canon crush or not, I'm shipping this two. So count me in!XD
ashserenaicon_zps09709e8b.png
<< Made a really fast editting on this icon.XD

Oh yeah,btw.. do we have an official shipping name for these two?

I'm a diehard pearlshipper but these two look so good together! Count me in as a shipper.

I'm a diehard pearlshipper but these two look so good together! Count me in as a shipper.

Heh, over at Serebii so many Advanceshippers and Pearlshippers are taking a liking to this ship, with many of them saying Serena reminds them of May or Dawn.

If anything Serena is doing what those people wanted to see May/Dawn do back in their series, actually show legitimate signs of liking Ash beyond admiration friendship. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. I think I may like this pairing.

Back
Top Bottom