• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

Re: The Ash x Serena Thread

I always liked Ash and Misty together. Pokeshipping seems realistic to me with all of the hints. I like their interaction together its seems special. Unlike the other girls its very boring and its all about friendship than love (that's my opinion of course). However nowadays (since misty left) I never cared about shipping and never thought about it. I totally forgot about shipping to be honest.
I realized that Serena might have a crush on Ash and I think its very interesting because she reminded me of good old Misty days. Its been a long time since we saw romance and hints in the anime. I think I might like Serena a lot because her crush on Ash reminds of Misty and I always liked the idea of having a companion have a crush on Ash.
I'm not a supporter of this ship and in any ship at this time, but I think that this pair is very interesting and more realistic and might have some good moments just like pokeshipping :D

Last edited:

tumblr_munttuCirh1r2iinvo1_500.jpg

Serena's history with Ash won't be relegated to a simple one second flashback like in the preview, no way.

Ash, white knighting at an early age.

The ending also has Ash and Serena's things together. There are so many hints and the series hasn't even started yet. lol

The ending also has Ash and Serena's things together. There are so many hints and the series hasn't even started yet. lol

Really strange how much the writers are pushing a main girl x Ash shipping again, especially since they know Serena will just leave when the generation ends...and then the ship will be abandoned like Pokeshipping was.

The only difference is if this saga turns out to be Ash's final saga, then he and Serena can end together...but that is unlikely.

soo have you guys come up with an official name yet?

It is between AmourShipping and Kalosshipping in the serebii forums.
Which would you guys prefer? Personally I would go for AmourShipping since it is the French word for "love", and Kalos is based off of France.

I swore elegance to this ship before X and Y were even revealed time to put my money wear my mouth is. Since a name isn't a true name unless people use it I'm incline to use what being used and Kalosshipping sounds a little PC shippy to me so amourshipping works for me.

I find it very odd to see a ship seemingly pushed so much before the series even starts.

I mean they're really making it seem like Serena is really in love Ash. We don't even know what her goal is yet. Every preview we've gotten of her is fantasizing about Ash, in some fashion. Them holding hands as kids, her eyes lighting up and being extremely elated when she hears it was Ash/Satoshi who stopped Garchomp, her blushing when talking to him, blushing on the poster, etc..

I'm fully on board with this ship, but they really need to slow it down and not jam it down our throats lol.

Last edited:

Lol... I've never liked a shipping prior to the season but I'm all on board for this one... when I saw them holding hands, I was way too happy to have a possible canon shipping for once...

I love it! Amourshipping works for me!

I find it very odd to see a ship seemingly pushed so much before the series even starts.

I mean they're really making it seem like Serena is really in love Ash. We don't even know what her goal is yet. Every preview we've gotten of her is fantasizing about Ash, in some fashion. Them holding hands as kids, her eyes lighting up and being extremely elated when she hears it was Ash/Satoshi who stopped Garchomp, her blushing when talking to him, blushing on the poster, etc..

I'm fully on board with this ship, but they really need to slow it down and not jam it down our throats lol.

Agreed. It actually makes you realize all that Pearlshipping stuff people thought they saw back in DP was just friendship admiration and sibling like moments. There's a clear difference to the way Ash/Serena is promoted compared to the Ash/Dawn stuff...which again felt more like a brotherly/sisterly bond.

If anything Serena is doing what those people wanted to see Dawn do back in DP but never did, and actually show clear signs of a crush on Ash. We haven't had any major shipping in the anime since AG, so its great to see it back.

Amourshipping or XstasYshipping, the top two on the list.

I can't wait to see the meeting between these two, after the hand-holding fantasy shown in the preview the engines started revving on this ship.

Even as an advanceshipper, i cant help but get excited for this :)

Amourshipping or XstasYshipping, the top two on the list.

I can't wait to see the meeting between these two, after the hand-holding fantasy shown in the preview the engines started revving on this ship.

I still prefer AmourShipping over XstasYShipping. It just sounds simpler and cuter. Plus it's a French word which fits Kalos perfectly. Tres bien ;)

AmourShipping sounds adorable and I think it would fit it more than KalosShipping.

tumblr_muxcexZP2a1rjwl4fo1_500.gif

I'm so happy sakura-serena gif'd this part. I really can't wait for Serena to show us hints about Ash's childhood or rather what happened in their (first) meeting in the forest. The writers are really teasing us with these mini scenes with Serena. I've always been curious about seeing more of his past, it's really awesome to find a character that would introduce us to more scenes.

soo have you guys come up with an official name yet?

Well, officially there's been a freeze on naming it, though it mentions here that the main anime shippings will probably be allowed after the 17th or 19th, and today is the 20th. However, of course, it has not been updated yet to say if you are able to name it now, so don't jump the gun just yet. It could be polled, as a main female/Ash shipping. Personally, I like AmourShipping.

Wow, there's actually a part in their childhood where they've held hands? They really are pushing this ship! Not that I mind, I actually support it.

Yah, seems like .pokemon really favors this pairing. If the rumors of her having a crush on Ash are true, that'd be funXD
I'll for this one.

While I am and always will be a MorpheusShipper...

Serena in the anime is really normal. And normal in a GOOD way. She gets annoyed... at things one should be rightfully annoyed at. I feel she is going to be down-to-earth and rational, which makes her both easy to relate to, a great foil for Satoshi, and most of all GREAT TSUKOMMI MATERIAL!

... After thinking it over and looking back at the XY episodes that I watched about 8 or 9 times in 24 hours...

I'm throwing in my support.

Back
Top Bottom