• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

Re: The Ash x Serena Thread

I have watched the anime since the very first episode and I never though about Ash being paired up with any of the female characters before or males for those who prefered it.
But I can kinda see it with Ash and Serena. I don't think the anime will take so far as in they two being in a relationship, but atleast showing very friendly affection towards each others. I probably think this since Serena hints way too much that she's interested in Ash xD
She even blush sometimes, when speaking/thinking about Ash, I don't think any of the earlier girl companions did that. I think they just blushed because they were embarrassed about other things.
What I also like very much about Serena, like someone mention elsewhere, is that Serena is very mature. She doesn't force Ash to remember her and instead of whining or yell at him, she supported him and told him to focus on training.
Atleast this is a shipping that I can approve, even if Serena is just hinting and Ash doesn't take the hint xD And as a shipping I love that they have past together, even if Ash doesn't remember, but that could build up to maybe some interesting writing in future episodes. I can see that Serena will probably be a very good supporter to Ash when it comes to battling, like we saw in the past episode. I watch the show now, since the refreshed animation and writing really does the deal for me, but am also secretly interested in what's gonna happend between Ash and Serena :)

They could possibly keep Serena as Ash's girlfriend even after Gen6 ends and have him occasionally call her from time to time after she's left the group.

Or they could have her travel to Gen7 with him.

Or they could have Ash explain he plans to follow his dreams, and Serena should follow hers as she goes off to a new region. Then when they achieve those dreams, they can reunite just like they did in Kalos and decide what they'll do together then.

Y'know, standard Primeape/Pidgeot/Butterfree story.

Or they could send her off to the Pokemon Gehenna... "Johto" for an unknown Saihorn race that we'll hear about again...

[video=youtube;8tiFM8_lCkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tiFM8_lCkA[/video]

Made an AMV :'>

Episode 7 was really adorable. That flashback scene where Ash had helped Serena.. and the you could almost see Serena blushing throughout the episode. She must've like him that much. That accidentally hug scene was so adorable.
tumblr_mwlytmPwWi1s2paxto1_500_zpsa94537e7.jpg

05_zps5f542e0f.jpg

tumblr_mwlytmPwWi1s2paxto3_500_zpsa0eef90b.jpg

I think they are doing a good job with this pairing, seriously every little moment they've had adorable. Last weeks episode was some thing else. I hope we get jealousy from both sides in future episodes, those are always funXD

I think they are doing a good job with this pairing, seriously every little moment they've had adorable. Last weeks episode was some thing else. I hope we get jealousy from both sides in future episodes, those are always funXD
Aww... gotta love those kind of episodes... or an episode where it shows how much one cares about the other when a person puts them in danger to see how someone else will react ((Rorouni Kenshin when Kaoru is kidnapped))... I wanna see both scenarios play out.

It's odd that Serena has such a heavy crush on Ash knowing the type of anime this is. I don't know what the writers are going to do by the time this gen ends, seeing as how they might have to get rid of her from the cast.

Again this ship could be a red-herring, where Serena has a heavy crush on Ash at the start and then it fades because she becomes interested in someone else later on...something like a Contestshipping scenario.

The whole XY arc reminds me heavily of the AG series for obvious reasons, so I wouldn't be surprised if Serena's development winds up similar to May's. I guess in her case the lack of a real goal will probably help as she'd stay focused on Ash.

Ok, I have to admit, I completely stopped liking the anime all the way back during the DPP arc when I used to be a PearlShipper (That ship has a special place in my heart for being my fist real otp). This was mostly due to the major changes from the newer arcs to say, the complete Hoenn or Kanto arcs.

But, this ship is really making me interested in the anime again whether I like it or not. I find it really interesting and awesome to finally see something like this (Aside from the few hints thrown here and there) This doesn't necessarily mean I'm getting back into the anime completely, it's just that I'm definitely getting into the ship. Is that even a thing??

I enjoy stopping by this thread to see what new things happen ^u^ So, yeah! Go AshxSerena, or whatever the name will be!

I just altered the thread title slightly to include its shipping name.

Even though it's last week's news, I must admit, that flashback was really something! Even the background music offered some sort of romantic atmosphere, in my view, anyways.

Ash and Serena's interactions and that flashback scene in Episode 7 were absolutely adorable. ^_^

Oh, and here's some artwork from KurumiErika on DeviantArt to go with the mood.
cm__soulcaliber345_by_kurumierika-d6wp7xc.png

Last edited:
Ash and Serena's interactions and that flashback scene in Episode 7 were absolutely adorable. ^_^

Oh, and here's some artwork from KurumiErika on DeviantArt to go with the mood.
cm__soulcaliber345_by_kurumierika-d6wp7xc.png

Ahhhh so cute!!!
I really want these two to get together!! Their flashback and paths way Serena hangs around Ash is so cute! I'm just having my fingers crossed it does happen! I'm a big AmourShipper now :p

Aww! The whole flashback thing was actually adorable. If that's only the 7th episode then I wonder what's to come V///V

I really hope they let her stay at the end of the generation like they did with Misty, I will want this to work and I want to see more of Serena! :D

My questions is: when will they satisfy us with more hints? lol.
Also, what kind of hints/episodes based on them would you like to see?

I really hope they let her stay at the end of the generation like they did with Misty, I will want this to work and I want to see more of Serena! :D

LOL, the only reason Misty stayed for Johto is back then there were no girls to replace her with, and Misty was only around for a very short time (Kanto/Orange combined only come out to around 115-120 episodes). Had Marina/Kris existed at the start of Gold/Silver instead of Crystal, we might have seen Misty leave at the end of Orange Islands.

I don't expect Serena to last past XY, they could have kept both May and Dawn longer than one generation and they didn't for either of them, so I see Serena following suit.

The only alternative is if this is Ash's last saga Serena won't have to leave per se as the show would end and Ash's story would conclude on-screen. If/when she does leave perhaps they can do it in a way where the plotline won't be totally abandoned like how Pokeshipping was after Johto.

Back
Top Bottom