• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

Sooo, is there anything new with these recent Episodes between Ash and Serena? Haven't been watching lately, life gets in the way >.<

Probably some of you have already seen this, but I thought I'll share it with those who haven't yet:

As you can see, a poster of Serena and Ash will be given out with the March Issue of Girl Magazine in Japan, and since it'll be released on the 14th of February, this reaffirms the already obvious valentine's theme that's happening within this poster. So, any thoughts about this?

I never thought something like that would ever be released. Pinch me, I must be dreaming! :O

Here's hoping there aren't any final-hour decisions to cockblock that poster.

Eh, it's cute...but it's obvious they won't end up together. As much teasing as the writers and promoters are doing, I can't help but feel this is nothing more than a ploy to draw in viewers that are interested in "romantic" subplots.

Re: The Ash x Serena Thread

05_zps8b3feb4b.jpg

I really didn't expect for it to have article about XY Anime though. (with new character relationship table too) Haha

04_zps718bd1d6.jpg

Here are the transation of parts where I found interesting.

02_zps817eb820.jpg

Serena (VA: Mayuki Makiguchi)

A girl from Kalos-region who has love for fashion.
She has kind personality and also have a special feeling towards Satoshi.
Her partner Pokemon is Fokko(Fennekin).

03_zps1e4b742e.jpg

Serena - (Very interested in...) -> Satoshi
Satoshi - (Let's travel together!) -> Serena

*Other characters are pretty much same as previous table chart*

Will we every find out if there will be any development on Satoshi's side?
Well, we haven't even reached 20th episode of the serise...

I am just gonna enjoy the ride for now.
Whether the hints are small or big, I am just loving the treatment Amourshippers are getting so far. XD

To be honest with you, I would've been just happy with poster itself.

*Keep in mind the writers aren't actually the ones who advertise the anime.

I hope that this will be fined, I can't access Serebii because Data Broadcast mess. This are from PK0082.

05_zps8b3feb4b.jpg

04_zps718bd1d6.jpg

03_zps1e4b742e.jpg

And this tidbit
PK0082 said:
Serena - (Very interested in...) -> Satoshi
Satoshi - (Let's travel together!) -> Serena

PK0082 is a heavy SatoSere that post on Serebii even though it lives in Japan.

And I possibly know why the scans of Animage and Newtype hasn't come out today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, it's cute...but it's obvious they won't end up together. As much teasing as the writers and promoters are doing, I can't help but feel this is nothing more than a ploy to draw in viewers that are interested in "romantic" subplots.

Just like the other Shippings (sigh)

I get the feeling there's not much happening between Ash and Serena in these Episodes. When i have time, I'll watch them.

@Nymphia; I just put in spoiler tags because the rules state to have images over certain dimensions under a spoiler. Just to let you know for the future.

@Nymphia; I just put in spoiler tags because the rules state to have images over certain dimensions under a spoiler. Just to let you know for the future.

Thanks for the shipping tags

My opinion of that poster is:

The poster is crap Why? Because it's misleading as fuck. And after seeing this poster nad seeing the preview of episode 13 (which what's terribly misleading) SatoSere is promoted to pseudo-hype the series even more.

Serena, outside SatoSere (which after XY7 is basically like SatoHika) has nothing to do in this show. I saw the summaries of episode 18 (the only upcoming episodes with hopes of Serena battle) and it doesn't seem to be a Serena focused episode at the moment. Specially after revealing it that Clemont is the cook of the group.

Thanks for the shipping tags

My opinion of that poster is:

The poster is crap Why? Because it's misleading as fuck. And after seeing this poster nad seeing the preview of episode 13 (which what's terribly misleading) SatoSere is promoted to pseudo-hype the series even more.

Serena, outside SatoSere (which after XY7 is basically like SatoHika) has nothing to do in this show. I saw the summaries of episode 18 (the only upcoming episodes with hopes of Serena battle) and it doesn't seem to be a Serena focused episode at the moment. Specially after revealing it that Clemont is the cook of the group.

I think they are awesome together! And I am sure at ONE point she will a have some sort of goal, but she is just starting slow. Like for example Misty, she only traveled with Ash because she wanted a stupid bike and look how far she has come! Also, it took a while for Serena to travel with Ash so she is just slow. I am pretty sure the writers know what they are doing and have faith that this will be one of the best seasons, I mean on the track the show is on, it is REALLY GOOD! It reminds me A LOT of the original series!

P.S. You don''t have to be a jerk about it let people have fun with it!

I've always been a Pokeshipping shipper myself for quite some time now. But i have to say, Serena's history with Ash, as well as her outright friendliness and unending support for him, do make her appear to be the better match for him. Especially since Misty was kind of aggressive with him while Serena has been nothing but kind and supportive. Part of me wants to believe that Ash and Misty are the ones who were meant to be, but that would only mean certain heartbreak for Serena and she seems too nice a person to be hurt like that.

I've always been a Pokeshipping shipper myself for quite some time now. But i have to say, Serena's history with Ash, as well as her outright friendliness and unending support for him, do make her appear to be the better match for him. Especially since Misty was kind of aggressive with him while Serena has been nothing but kind and supportive. Part of me wants to believe that Ash and Misty are the ones who were meant to be, but that would only mean certain heartbreak for Serena and she seems too nice a person to be hurt like that.

It's a cartoon. Serena and Misty are probably never going to meet anyway, so it makes no difference who "gets" Ash. There's not going to be any drama or heartbreak over romances in the Pokemon anime.

Or you can support both ships. Again this is Pokemon, the writers do the bare minimum with romance in the series and it never goes anywhere.

[video=youtube;l6xj74GXKbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6xj74GXKbM[/video]

To lighten up the mood ;)

Has there been anything in recent episodes?
Well, in the pokevision episode we had a little jealousy moment from Serena who got worried because she thought that Ash was calling the other girl cute when in reality he was just saying that the girl's Fennekin was cute.
Also, when Serena wore that Fennekin outfit the camera seemed to zoom in on Ash's face and he continued to stare at her till Bonnie tried to talk to him.
And later on, Serena seemed to blush a little when Ash told her that her video was nice.

I saw possibility romantically but quickly realized it's just another friendship ship. Nothing to get excited about yeah she had for like 1 day childhood hero crush but it seemed over with rather quickly.

I saw possibility romantically but quickly realized it's just another friendship ship. Nothing to get excited about yeah she had for like 1 day childhood hero crush but it seemed over with rather quickly.

I'm not sure about that. The sub-plot of Serena knowing Ash from Childhood and having a canonical crush is not going to be quickly resolve considering how other subplots from the anime are handled in the past, like the Buziel and Aipom Trade, Chimchar joining Ash, Misty denying that she has a crush on Ash, and so forth. Given how the marketing team are giving ship teases left to right, such implying Serena's jealousy in the Sylveon episode and the Pokévison episode, I expect that sub-plot to resurface in the future.

Back
Top Bottom