• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

No matter how much better i feel after seeing that preview, part of me is almost certain that:

At the very least; Ash and Serena will cement themselves in the "Friends and nothing more" category

or

At the very most; Ash will say or do something that will have him and Serena on rocky terms for a while.

The argument between Ash and Serena is something that happens between people who care about each other. Serena loves Ash, and was concerned about him. Ash was frustrated by something not related to her and lashed out. It happens.

I think it'll bring them closer together.

That is wishful thinking, but who knows?

That is wishful thinking, but who knows?

I'm just saying, even the best marriages and relationships aren't always sunshine and kisses 100% of the time. Them arguing doesn't hurt the ship.

Ultimately, I'm not holding my breath as far as them ending up together in any sort of serious way because kids show. But this argument isn't the reason why.

WHAT IF Satoshi doesn't know where to go next, but he knows he's leaving. Serena decides to train with Palermo who sends her to Alola for some sort of training/competition and Satoshi decides to go with her!
Now that would be a nice twist for a reason for Ash to go to the next region. Pleas staff, oh please make something in that direction.
Though I see it more like "Ash wonders where to go next" and Serena is supposed to meet Palermo in the Alola region since she just had a guest appearance on something. Than, Ash is told about the Alola League and they both go together (yes, without Bonnie and Citron) towards it.

Well, Ash and Serena did argue once, but very short and very serious. And then, Ash apologize to Serena for lashing out on her, and she's pleased that the Ash she loves returns. I got a feeling that Amourshipping growing stronger from the point where Ash got the last Gym Badge of Kalos. According to Pokemon Wikia, Ash and Serena never argue on regular basis. If those two were to travel in the Alola Region together, that would be great.

Well, Ash and Serena did argue once, but very short and very serious. And then, Ash apologize to Serena for lashing out on her, and she's pleased that the Ash she loves returns. I got a feeling that Amourshipping growing stronger from the point where Ash got the last Gym Badge of Kalos. According to Pokemon Wikia, Ash and Serena never argue on regular basis. If those two were to travel in the Alola Region together, that would be great.

Actually, Ash never apologized. He thanked Serena for making him see the light, but there was no apologies.

I suppose we'll know the fate of this ship in...less than a month? We'll probably hear what's going on about a Sun/Moon anime probably around late August or early September, so at that point we'll see what Serena's fate is.

Either Ash himself is truly being wrapped up (winning the Kalos league, then going on to the Elite 4, etc), and Ash and Serena are written off together with a possible timeskip, or the usual happens and Serena is axed like every girl before her and Ash goes on to the Alola region as usual with the next new female companion.

Either way we'll know in a month. Even if Serena does leave, you guys can still be happy that Amourshipping really was the most heavily pushed Ash shipping in the animes history. I don't see them doing this again either with any future girl because it'd be pointless and nobody would fall for it a second time.

Actually, Ash never apologized. He thanked Serena for making him see the light, but there was no apologies.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things I would say that admitting the person was right and you was being a bit of an idiot about it is apologising. Or at least, that's how I would see it. I haven't watched the episode for a while but that's the general feeling I'm getting right now from my memories.

I see. But still, its good for Ash and Serena to be back in the friendly terms again. Compared to the other Ash shippings, this one is the most unique and pleasing of all. Serena does really love Ash, and he would probably feel the same way when the Kalos Quest is over. Misty,Dawn,and Iris always wanted Ash to grow up and act more mature, right? Well this might be their chance. XY Saga is letting Ash to mature himself. The real question is...

What would Misty will feel when Ash finally become more mature (while he at it, he have a girlfriend such as Serena at the same time)? Who knows, maybe the Amourshipping scene could be similar to Potter and Florinda love confession at the end of the episode, "Make Room for Gloom."

Here's my thoughts of this situation...

Misty: (sighs as she bow down in defeat) "Boy, just when Ash finally grow up and becoming more mature, he suddenly got involved in the relationship with Serena out of the blue."
May: "I was so close to win his affection. But Serena has to take it all away."
Dawn: "That's just great. After Ash finally quit being childish, Serena shows up out of nowhere."

Edit: I just find out of Dawn and May's reaction to this situation.

Last edited:
I wonder whether she would leave or travel with Ash to Alola? Well, sure hope she goes to Alola. I mean this is the biggest ship in the Pokémon anime ever.

Man, I just recently got back into Pokemon XY after putting it on hold for a long time. I have to admit, I did look up some AmourShipping videos on YouTube, which made me want to watch the anime again. I really like Serena and I hope she would go with Ash to the Alola region.

Me too. Serena's like the good influence on Ash. If she were to travel Alola region with him, that would be great. It would be one step closer for this relationship to be canon.

The only problem is the whole Kalos Queen plot, which wouldn't fit in Alola. So if Serena does stay with Ash in Alola, I wonder how they would work around that? If Serena gives up on her dream of becoming Kalos Queen, some fans would think it's against her character. If she leaves the series, many people will be sad. Though characters leave at the end of every region. And it wouldn't make much sense to be training for a region outside of that region. And Pokémon doesn't really delve into romance that much. So as much as I like Serena to stay with Ash, the odds seem to be against that. But since I'm up for Serena going to Alola, I would like to hear how you think Serena would end up in Alola.

I still haven't caught up to the latest episodes (currently on XY021) yet, but I really hope the writers would make Serena confess to Ash before they part ways. I betcha' Ash wouldn't understand it at first (obviously). But at least, it will close the chapter of AmourShipping that the writers have been teasing since the beginning of the XY series.

Back
Top Bottom