• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

An "Alternate" Story

Hopefully it's something more like Platinum and HGSS than ORAS.

My bad. Anyway, another/alternative is just a literal translation thing. The translators knew what they were doing.

All the trailer means is that adults play Pokken while kids play USUM. It's actually a very sad message.

I am not sure what point you're making with the hat. If the uncle is supposed the player... then he is not the player's uncle or brother. Nevermind the fact that the SM player didn't have a brother.

We don't know if SM player has siblings or not, the only thing we know is he/she moved to Alola with his/her mother, that's all.

We don't know if he/she still have a father, why he doesn't move here with the player? Maybe he lives in Kanto with player's siblings.

By that logic, every player character has a sibling and a father with an interesting backstory. Yeah, no.

it takes place after the events of S&M. Guzma is now a trial captain and we get to battle Hau and Lillie.

"Vastly" where? They literally look the same with different hair and clothes~

Which means they only have the same face, which is the same face every PC has, so that seems different enough to me. Or are you saying that every PC is actually the same person or family of each other because they only have different hair and clothes? :p

For a better comparison, here are pics of both:
sumo-protag3.jpg
USUM1.png

girl.png
USUM2.png

(sadly couldn't find a same sort of screenshot for the SuMo girl)

I would definitely say they look different enough to be different characters. The eye color is the same, but about 50% of all PC's have that eye color so that hardly counts either.

We need to see official art, I guess. Either way, they're in the same bloody house as before, and the visual differences are nowhere near the case for the Unova protagonists.

And I absolutely don't buy that we're dealing with a massive time skip that would allow them to be the children/nephews of the previous Alola pair. That reminds me of what people said about FRLG Red and Blue...

tbf some of the colors of the room are also different, the cupboard, tv table, wall, window and curtains all have different colors (checked the room of the girl ingame and the wall is beige, the window grey and the curtains yellow, so way different than in the picture of USUM girl).

So either this is indeed an alternate universe in which the PC chose different colors for their room (not sure if this also happened in other third versions?), or a different family moved into the same house, maybe some years later. I mean in those trailers with the kid, he moved back to his home country at the end right? Could be a hint that the SuMo PC's returned after a while too and now new people moved in?

In the trailer, that Pokken fanatic visits his brother's family. There is no indication that he ever lived there before, and I can't see how someone in his 20s (who clearly moved on from the main series) would be comparable to the SM protagonist.

And all of the differences boil down to the alternate universe idea, almost surely.

You're joking, right?

I'm begging for a sequel, but nothing is going for it right now.
I said this before, and I’ll say it again
If, and this is a big if, SM were kind of rushed and the game devs didn’t have time to put everything they wanted to in, and USUM would have most of that leftover content, then we have a big reason to play it.

That depends on your tastes. I don't care much about extra features... especially if it means waiting an extra year for them and shelling out another $40.

I'm so over Alola, and I liked SM well enough.

Back
Top Bottom