• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

An idea I've been working on

Reaction score
For a long time I've been trying to write a fanfic. I'm currently planning my main fic but this new concept I came up with sounds just as great.

The tentative title is "Conquering the Skies" and here's the backstory of it-

Over a hundred years ago there was a region that thrived on an industrial revolution. Factories, steamboats, and industrial buildings surrounded the entire region. However, big problems eventually came up. The industrialization caused deadly smog that poisoned many and attracted Pokemon like Grimer and Koffing. Natural resources were disappearing from the region as forests and other habitats of many Pokemon were being destroyed. The future looked grim for the region.

Finally the people rebelled and removed the current mayor from office. A new one was elected, and along with his wisdom he had a major idea that would save the region from disaster.

His first idea was to elimiate smog inducing factories by using Pokemon. He felt that by humans relying more on using Pokemon for manual labor and less on factories, smog produced by industrialization would dramatically reduce. This managed to slowly become a reality as smog levels dropped greatly. In order to restore the region's natural resources he collaberated with a society of forest wardens to clean up pollution and replace habitats lost. This level of cooperation gradually caused the environment to improve. Many Pokemon species came back from the brink of extinction.

However, his biggest accomplishment was the idea of using Pokemon as a mode of transportation. When vehicles were invented the government instead encouraged people to use Pokemon as a way to get around. The citizens grew to enjoy this concept, from surfing on the back of a Lapras, to racing the land on a Rapidash, to even flying on the back of a Pidgeot. Over the years people bred Pokemon for that purpose.

In the present day these ideals still hold up strong. Because Pokemon are used as transportation the species of this region are much larger than their normal size in order to carry the weight of a human. They can also understand human speech and even have a limited ability to speak.

Now the actual plot idea:
Veronica Kestrel comes from a small town near the sea. Her parents are contest coordinators and the owners of the town's contest hall. She is often forced into doing contests to carry on the family name. However, she hates contests and would rather leave the region to become a trainer traveling the world. Fed up with the demands to take over her family's contest hall, Veronica bitterly leaves along with her Pidgey Nadine to travel the world. Despite her ambition Veronica faces the challenges of being away from home when she is attacked by a group of several trainers. These trainers used their Pokemon as battle mounts, which is illegal and dangerous in the region. She is eventually rescued by a Forest Warden and undergoes intense training for herself and Nadine, hoping to one day ride the skies with the bravest of trainers. However, an evil lurks in the shadows to threaten the peace this region has worked hard to create.

That's it so far. A lot of things will definitely change as time goes on. I still need a name for the region. It's pretty much situated near Hoenn somewhere. I appreciate any advice and readers!

Sounds interesting and unique (plus I never seen any pokemon fic that uses an eco-friendly genre)

That sounds interesting, reminds me of a fic I did a long time ago about Pokémon slowly becoming extinct. Anyway, the idea really appeals to me.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom