• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

An Introduction

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
So I've been here for a while, but I might as well post about myself! First, I want to give a shoutout to @lisianthus for encouraging me to join! Truth be told, I always knew about these forums but never really signed up. Now, in 2024... here I am. :)

Where to begin.. my name is Railgun. I am your ordinary lady who loves writing. Therefore I happen to write a lot of Pokémon fanfiction on the side.

I got into the Pokémon franchise by watching the anime as a child. Then, the games... about eleven years ago. My first game was HeartGold and it has left a mark on me ever since. The Johto region opened up an entire new world to me and I ended up playing most titles in the series. For that, it has a special place in my heart. Pokémon is my third favorite Nintendo franchise, behind Fire Emblem and Kirby.

As for fanfiction, I have been writing as a kid but I didn't join the online world until 2009 on fanfiction.net. Now, I'll admit I have an affinity for romance and shipping. For some reason, my odd brain tends to lean toward rare pairings... especially for this franchise. Therefore, I write on that a lot (mostly one-shots), but on occasion... I will write a general fic or two. I love the human characters in the series so I tend to write a lot about the Gym Leaders and Champions. I'll be posting my work sometime soon.

My favorite Pokémon are Raichu and Ceruledge. I also love films, other games (Mega Man, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Persona) comics (DC & Marvel)/manga, anime, cats, cute things (like plushies, I own a lot of Pusheens), and chocolate.

Okay, I think that's enough introduction! Nice meeting you guys!

Heyy!! Welcome!! I am also fond of fanfiction, but I'm not the shipping type of guy. I'm more into the "guy from our world gets reincarnated in x franchise" trope. I wish I had the creativity to create my own fanfictions but my writing is pure garbo lol.

Heyy!! Welcome!! I am also fond of fanfiction, but I'm not the shipping type of guy. I'm more into the "guy from our world gets reincarnated in x franchise" trope. I wish I had the creativity to create my own fanfictions but my writing is pure garbo lol.
Awww, writing isn't easy that's for sure. I am still working on perfecting the craft myself. That trope you mentioned is very popular so I am sure there are plenty of that in Pokémon!

Awww, writing isn't easy that's for sure. I am still working on perfecting the craft myself. That trope you mentioned is very popular so I am sure there are plenty of that in Pokémon!
Trust me when I tell you that I can count the ammount of good pokemon fanfics with this trope with my two hands ;-;

HGSS are some of the best games in the series. Loads of content and I had so much fun with the minigames. Will always have a special place in my heart. <3

Seems like we have a ton in common, especially if you like cute things and cats. Absolute +1 in my book. :'D Welcome!

hello Railgun, welcome to the forums :bulbaLove:
you have IMPECCABLE taste -- i like a lot of those franchises too! do you have a favorite ace attorney character, i must know...
(also celica avatar, she's one of my favorite fire emblem characters :bulbaCute:)
johto is awesome... what would you say your favorite thing about it is?

at any rate, i'm definitely looking forward to checking out your work! nice to meet you :)

Welcome Railgun! I hope you enjoy your time here on the forums-
Therefore I happen to write a lot of Pokémon fanfiction on the side.
:0 ANOTHER FANFICTION WRITER! That’s awesome to see! ^^

Edit: forgot that there was a question I wanted to ask earlier! '^^ Have you done any deep dives into the Kirby lore?

Last edited:
Hello Rai!! Nice to have another fanfic writer around, especially one who writes one-shots for rare pairings! And another Johto fan :yay:

Hope you'll stick around (and looking forward to reading your fics whether u decide to share them here or link 'em)!!

Hello hi! I see you're a fellow Mega Man and Kirby fan :bulbaWave: any games or characters you like in particular?
Yes, for Mega Man I love the classic series. They're very hard games but the soundtracks in them are absolute bops! I also loved the Archie comic series despite it being short-lived. They gave that world wonderful worldbuilding and development of the characters. D: I want to play the X games next, given they are available on the Switch I'll have to buy them sometime.

For Kirby, my favorite games are Nightmare in Dream Land and Return to Dream Land! Currently playing through Forgotten Land and Triple Deluxe. Kirby is also dang adorable I can't help but love him. I have a fondness for Bandana Waddle Dee and Magolor too. Honestly, the cast in Kirby is so great it's hard to hate on anyone, lol.

HGSS are some of the best games in the series. Loads of content and I had so much fun with the minigames. Will always have a special place in my heart. <3

Seems like we have a ton in common, especially if you like cute things and cats. Absolute +1 in my book. :'D Welcome!
Nice meeting you! Yes, I adore cats and I own three of them! Two are Tuxedo twins who are ten and the other is 2 year old loud rascal. Love them anyway. I collect a lot of plushies! Especially Pusheen and Squishmallows. :D

hello Railgun, welcome to the forums :bulbaLove:
you have IMPECCABLE taste -- i like a lot of those franchises too! do you have a favorite ace attorney character, i must know...
(also celica avatar, she's one of my favorite fire emblem characters :bulbaCute:)
johto is awesome... what would you say your favorite thing about it is?

at any rate, i'm definitely looking forward to checking out your work! nice to meet you :)
Hello! Fave Ace Attorney character... I'm a plain jane and go with Phoenix Wright. He's such a funny guy. Maya has a place in my heart too, oh I can't forget Mia.

Celica is bae. Like I love Fire Emblem so much. I have so many favorites and she is one of them. :D

Johto to me, not only allows you to go to another region (Kanto) but everything about it is nostalgic. Again I started with HeartGold and I really loved exploring the region. I loved the Pokelathon for one, along with the cast. I have so much love for the Johto Gym Leaders. Lance is also my favorite champion and Silver is my favorite rival. A lot of Pokemon I like are from there, and overall I just love everything about it. I probably could go like on and on, LMAO.

Nice meeting you too, I hope you enjoy my stuff! ^^

It's always nice to see a new face around here! :bulbaWave:

I want to play the X games next, given they are available on the Switch I'll have to buy them sometime.
I think they go on sale every few months, so it might be worth waiting a little bit. (Though I can't remember how much for.)

Already been seeing you plenty around the forums, so just want to give a proper welcome! Seems like you're already enjoying it so far. Hope you stick around!

Also, lucky you with your first game being HeartGold. Talk about starting strong.

Ah, I remember you from Thousand Roads... nice to see you here! By all means, we would love to have some of your stories here at the Writers Workshop. I'll be looking forward to seeing them!

Now, I'll admit I have an affinity for romance and shipping. For some reason, my odd brain tends to lean toward rare pairings... especially for this franchise.
Me too, haha. Not necessarily all the time for me with the romance and shipping part, but it's always fun when that spark comes up!

I also love films, other games (Mega Man, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Persona) comics (DC & Marvel)/manga, anime, cats, cute things (like plushies, I own a lot of Pusheens), and chocolate.
I think that we're going to get along just fine, haha. Hope to keep seeing you around!

Back
Top Bottom