• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

An old but new world.

Zurr

No effin' way.
Reaction score
Alright, this is my first fanfic, and I'm making it up as I go along. I'm a very important character in the fanfic, too! It's set in our world, for the time being, at least.
Prolouge - The Day.​

"BRRRRIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!!!!"

Zel Kethon, a now-fourteen-year-old boy woke up to the sound of his alarm clock, an old one he kept instead of the new, hi-tech digital ones. Today was a special day for him, and for the rest of his family as well. Today was his birthday.

He got up, quickly undressing, brushing his teeth, taking a bath, and wearing his new clothes. He looked at the brunette in the mirror and smiled. There stood a young man with a slightly muscular build, caramel brown eyes and hair, a small moustache growing, about 5'5" in height, dressing in a green and blue hoodie, and blue jeans-like-track-pants. Normally, he wouldn't be very excited, he had stopped celebrating it at the age of 12, preferring to just hang out with his friends and bunk school. Today was different, though; he would be getting a bunch of starter pokemon from his friends in a trade, and a 'special' present from his parents.

Later in the day, once he was done blowing out the candles on his cake(which he didn't like doing; his parents still thought of him as a child) and trading starters, with his best friend giving him a shiny eevee, it was time for his 'special' present. He was handed a plain box-shaped gift, covered with plain blue wrapping paper. The box looked oddly familiar, but he didn't know why. As he unwrapped it, he saw a pair of wings and a bird's head, both containg the colours white, red, and green. In an instant, he knew what it was.

"A HeartGold version!" he exclaimed! After his initial excitement, he wondered how his parents could know he wanted it, as they had almost no knowledge of such things.

"We had a little help from your friends, so thank them as well!"
Ah. This cleared his mind up. He hugged all his friends, and they began playing. He was eager to play his new HeartGold version, and realised after opening the box that there was another PokéWalker inside. Overjoyed at the fact that he could play from the beginning, without worrying about losing his old game, he started, keeping his name, since it, like always, fit a trainer's name perfectly.

Zel didn't really like using his name very much. His schoolmates laughed at him because of it, but his friends, the ones here with him now, especially Reese, his best friend, stood up alongside him. They were always helping him, through thick and thin, whenever he needed it.

His friends played their games, battled each other, all the while waiting for Zel to get his Pokémon strong enough to keep up with them. He didn't take much time, he already new what was ahead. They had fun battling each other, but as the day wore on, they started to get tired. Soon, It had become very dark.

All his friends had gone home. His parents were busy about their own work. It was raining outside. He took his DS lite, which he had modded to make waterproof (yes, he was a type of genius, not in studies, though) and set out into the rain. He just sat there, watching the rain fall, the stars glow, and the lightning flash. The time lapse between lighting and thunder started to grow shorter, meaning the storm was getting closer.

rainatnightsmall.gif

All of a sudden, a bolt of lightning struck just where Zel was.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

His scream was the last sound he heard before... darkness. Total darkness.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Howis it so far? Constructive critisism is appreciated.

Last edited:
i have a guess, lightning zaps boy and he is sent into his hearrtgold version and then dtarts his journey because he had just started heartgold. GOOD STORY!!!

I guess I mad it too obvious, huh? Here's a teaser.

|He talked to Zeo, whom he undestood quite well. Finally, he saw the sun set and knew it was time to get back; the others would be waiting for him. Slowly, he walked down the little hill, waving to the oak tree while doing so, thanking it for its shade. He still couldn't believe it, but he liked the fact that he had been struck by the lightning. Not the immediate feeling, but the events that followed it.....|

Well, your description is good, I will give you that, but if I could suggest, instead of having the boy "playing with his friends", describe him and his friends playing. It helps to put us in his shoes, to see what his life is like before he is sent into the Pokemon game.

Also, there's no real need for the picture. Your description is beautiful enough that you can describe the lightning flash.

Another thing is the "At the end of the day" tag. No. Just no. You can do better.

alexjuuhh said:
Did the oak tree wave back?

Unfortunately, no. I really wanted to do that, but realised it would be impossible.

Well, your description is good, I will give you that, but if I could suggest, instead of having the boy "playing with his friends", describe him and his friends playing. It helps to put us in his shoes, to see what his life is like before he is sent into the Pokemon game.

Also, there's no real need for the picture. Your description is beautiful enough that you can describe the lightning flash.

Another thing is the "At the end of the day" tag. No. Just no. You can do better.

1. Yeah, I understand. I tried doing so, so take a look at it.

2. I just had that picture I made laying around, so since I got a chance, I used.

3. Huh?

Post Updated! Renamed to Prolouge as well, since it's more of a... well, prolouge.
I'm due for a flight tomorrow at 8AM, and it's 10:50PM right now, so I don't know if I'll be able to update. Hope you guys understand!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom