• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S13 EP25: An Old Family Blend!

Mijumaru

Demonic Scraggy
Reaction score
To start off the Sinnoh League, we have a nostalgic episode of searches followed by a spectacular fireworks show!

That Heatran is harder to spot with the camera panning all the time. Lol, Conway creeper. "Does he have a lot?" Oh, you have no idea, Dawn. (@ pokeballs) One of these is not like the others~ lol, Barry. We'll miss you. Bay Bay! Instrumental Saikou Everyday? No way! Awesome. To be continued...

This episode was certainly unforgettable. There was a lot of unexpected things, including the fact that the fireworks show was unchanged.

I usually don't give ratings like this, but...

11.21 points out of 10

Can't believe we in the Sinnoh League episodes in english now...

- Barry? Yay, Barry! :)
- I love the Pokemon symphony during the fireworks part. Certainly makes it more epic.

I was laughing the whole way through, this episode was awesome. And of course I loved Bayleef and the instrumental opening! <3

Wow, that episode brings back memories. All of Ash's old pokemon reappeared. This was an excellent episode and is honestly one of the best DP episodes so far. (By the way, was there a wailord flying around the stadium or am I just seeing things?)

Last edited:
(By the way, was there a sailors flying around the stadium or am I just seeing things?)

No, there were no sailors. There were just two blimps modeled like Pokémon: a Wailord and a Mantine.

All of Ash's old pokemon reappeared.

Not all of them reappeared. We were missing Pokémon. Some obvious examples were Charizard and Squirtle.

LOL, a LOT of them were not shown.

Kingler and Tauros did not appear at all, neither did Sceptile or Swellow. Of course Squirtle/Charizard weren't there either.

What pisses me off is most of these pokemon came back for no reason. The opening made it seem like most of these Pokemon would get a battle in the league, but most of them do not.

And its odd this ep mainly focuses on the Johto starters, Ash's shortest-lived and least popular team of the series. But I guess considering their next-to-no screentime in the league, this is all they get pretty much. You can pretty much tell the writers don't like Ash's Johto team very much. They probably only showed them because they were mandated to I suppose.

And its odd this ep mainly focuses on the Johto starters, Ash's shortest-lived and least popular team of the series. But I guess considering their next-to-no screentime in the league, this is all they get pretty much. You can pretty much tell the writers don't like Ash's Johto team very much. They probably only showed them because they were mandated to I suppose.

It gave focus to the Pokémon that didn't get that much focus throughout the series. My assumption is that they decided to give the five least popular Pokémon some screentime before the league (although Snorlax was quite popular and got only about... four minutes of screentime?).

It was also nice to see Cyndaquil's evolution. The main highlight of the episode for me was the fireworks show.

That's another disappointing thing, they hype up Cyndaquil evolving after 10 years, but we pretty much see nothing of Quilava at all.

Makes you wish Best Wishes didn't happen right after the league. I'm sure the Johto starters would have gotten some decent screentime then.

Makes you wish Best Wishes didn't happen right after the league. I'm sure the Johto starters would have gotten some decent screentime then.

They could've gotten plenty of screentime in DP191, but they focused it on Piplup, which really isn't that shocking, since we've had Piplup-focused episodes pretty much every few episode.

They could've gotten plenty of screentime in DP191, but they focused it on Piplup, which really isn't that shocking, since we've had Piplup-focused episodes pretty much every few episode.
Not only that, but they could have showed all of the main pokemon. Pokemon such as Mime Jr, Cyndaquil, Infernape, Gible... Chansey etc. It could have been more focused on all the pokemon rather than just Piplup. I mean, Croagunk who has been Brock's 'mascot', I guess, only appeared once.

Anyway, I'm so glad to see cyndaquil (finally!) evolve.

Not only that, but they could have showed all of the main pokemon.

Yeah. We could've also learned about the Isshu region and Team Rocket could've left their Pokémon, but we just got this episode focusing on Piplup and Dawn. I'm not complaining, but it's just too much.

On-topic, I noticed Takuto all the way at the bottom-right of the screen. I can't believe some of the English-speaking audiences got to see Takuto already! He was barely seen at all, however.

Only nine episodes left...

That video Phone sound got on my nerves a lil bit.

A good episode but not great even for us older fans.

Wow... only nine episodes left. This makes me sad considering I'll probably not stay on to watch Best Wishes after DP has finished dubbing.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. I liked the end very much and the whole last 5 minutes of the episode was really nice. I liked how Cyndaquil evolved, and it was a really nice flashback episode.

Always a welcome site to see Conway. Shame we won't see him again.

10/10

Onto the league!

Seeing Ash's old Pokemon didn't really have any nostalgic meaning for me, but it was still nice nonetheless. I especially loved how affectionate Bayleaf still is. <3 It was nice to see Cyndaquil evolve but... yeah. Also, hooray for Pokemon Symphonic Medley 2 being kept! Love that song.

And continuing on the the list of things we'll never see again, goodbye goofy Team Rocket mecha!

Snorlax use body slam! Pushes him over and knocks over machine.
SO FUNNY!!!

Any ways, Totodile must be feeling left out now....

Also, Anybody notice that Bayleef can't prounounce L?? It says "Bay Eef!" not "Bayleef!"

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom