• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'ALL LOOK WHAT I GOT

tumblr_ny5cfuY4AH1qf97vwo1_500.jpg

...also introducing another character might be a good idea, I need to ponder on what kinda new blood we could use

Y'ALL LOOK WHAT I GOT

tumblr_ny5cfuY4AH1qf97vwo1_500.jpg

...also introducing another character might be a good idea, I need to ponder on what kinda new blood we could use

THAT'S SO ADORABLE!!! *grabby hands* what's their name?

I think a second party would potentially b interesting? I have a ranger type character (who might have been mentioned by one of my characters already) who knows Graham and Leslie-Ann, so he could be travelling after them. Maybe for that a couple more 'days' should pass first?

also, regarding the guide's weavile, which is a character we're all playing (which is absolutely fine) there must be a reason she refuses to cooperate. which we have established is partly grief. But that won't really allow us to travel further into the forest. So I was thinking the guide might have had two pokémon, and one of them was taken or something?

also, I like how you brought the box back in (if it's meant to be the same one XD)

and in my reply i'm also trying to work in more everyone's personal goals and stuff. Graham for example has a mission to retrieve an artefact for his great aunt, who is clairvoyant (psychic abilities run in the family) and potentially he could help Rainier find his sister (by seeing if his aunt can find any clues with her abilities) Leslie-Ann is just tagging along sortof for the fun of it and because the journey didn't seem super dangerous or anything

the minor changes i had in mind, if i hadn't mentioned them yet, are to rename Lotus to Opal and make her shiny (i'm a sucker for aesthetics ok XD) and Opal just fits her better, while the symbolism remains the same (yes i sometimes kinda do that XD) Cause Lotus and Lily are both flowers associated with purity and stuff and Opal is a gemstone considered to open up emotions and amplify them or something. also,XD Opal & Grimm sounds like the name of some indie/rock duo, which I bet Graham would enjoy XD

and maybe give Leslie-Ann a mareep (which would still fit her as a ranch girl) and make her a little more useful in battle

Emil, i really like how you bring together canon-verse and your own inventions. It's really nicely done, cause it still leaves enough room for everyone else to work with. like, i literally have two separate backstories for my characters, one set in canon-verse, the other in a made-up region.

lastly, i guess there's still probably some kinda big bad thing out there of which we don't know the nature yet (really, i don't have a clue yet. could be a legendary, or a normal pokémon, or even something like a ghost)

btw, if we go with the 'missing pokémon' thing, it could also explain the absence of the guide's spirit i guess? he might have gone after it?

i dunno, i feel like it might be good to discuss some stuff a little in ooc so we can get a little more in sync or something

Last edited:
Her name is Uma snd she's a wild child! My boyfriend took me to the animal shelter for my birthday. Best surprise ever.

So as to the RP:

Dieter - It was definitely meant to be the same box - I was wondering what happened to it so I brought it back to Leslie-Ann x3

I think a ranger is a great idea, but I do think they should be lost a little longer. I had mentioned an ex-ranger when Ruby was reading the guide's old log, and I'm thinking that would be a good character for me to bring in a little later, too. We could talk about whether the rangers had any prior relationship or whatever as well - I think this could very potentially thicken the plot.

Emil - I love that about Ranier's backstory too! tbh it makes me want to really spend some time working with Ruby's character sheet. Since her backstory isn't really pertinent to why she's in the woods I haven't done much with it.

I also feel like it's giving us license to take a few liberties once we get to Relic Town. Woo!

Lastly - Ruby needs more Pokemon too. Boo is more of a buddy than anything and her poor noivern will be useful at some point but not right now. I think it might be a good idea to start hanging out in the tall grass if you know what I mean.

And maybe the Big Thing out there is why the weavile is being so uncooperative? We had mentioned another pair of eyes watching the girls a couple posts ago, too. That's definitely something we could play with.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be fairly inactive for a few days. We have Thanksgiving and a trip after to prep for; I'll probably be checking threads tomorrow and not again till next week.

Aw! What an adorable cat :)

As to the RP -
Thank you! I wanted to create something for Rainier as a character that had some thin support from canon (i.e. Lt. Surge) but largely not built upon, so that it could leave enough room for everyone to expand upon it and make reference to. So, I thought the hinted war and a secret colony would be a good start :) .

I like the idea of the guide having a taken pokémon, maybe it could turn up later as shadowy/corrupted by the Big Thing? New characters would also be good to thicken the plot a little more, though I think we should time their entries to where they'll make some good impacts.

On the topic of catching more pokémon, I did have a full water-monotype team imagined for Rainier once he's stronger, hence his desire to catch the 'water dragons' (Milotic/Kingdra/Gyarados/Lapras for starters, possible additions of Goodra/Dragalge/Feraligatr), but he's got much more adventure in front of him before I see him filling up his team beyond what he already has, considering how he already has two fully evolved 'mons that are generally quite bulky and hard to defeat. Maybe, at most, he'll find a pond in the woods and catch a Magikarp? Or some rare egg in Relic Town?

As for Rainier's sister, I'm not even sure where she is. Definitely not Kanto/Johto/Sevii Islands, those are all too close, but aside from those areas ruled out, I didn't have a specific hiding area lined out for her (although I did plan on her having a Yanmega and a Flygon). I figured out a symbolic last name for Rainier and Shasta also: Cascade (they're named after volcanoes/mountains in the Cascade range, and also the Cascade badge from Cerulean City).

Last edited:
@sableyed; no worries, gives us/me time to set up stuff for the rp

And have a good thanksgiving/fun trip!

@Argan; we'll def have to build up first yeah, but that's no problem. Also gives us time to think about characters

And I think Rainier is prolly fine when it comes to his team yeah XD so is Graham, even if his team isnt fully evolved, his mons are def in the late 30's/early 40,s range, at least when it comes to moves. Dunno, in rps im never too concerned about levels

And lotso places you could still hide here then XD but i guess that doesnt necessarily have to come up for a long time either

ooh by the way, i forgot to mention i'd interpreted the pair of eyes as belonging to one of the phantump

eh, anyway i'll post a reply in a bit (for real this time) and retcon Lotus/Opasl, cause that won't have a lot of impact on the story. The flaaffy I dunno about however

i also reckon our heroes do at least deserve some respite and that campfire they're trying to build

potentially make use of Graham's powers and have a seance? or something?

HI Y'ALL, sorry it's been so long. Traveling and work and all the other stuff, oh my. Anyway I will be much more active through the rest of the month! :)

Hope you had a good trip!
On that note, I prolly won't
School, the holidays and work (I work in a liquor store, this is the busiest part of the year) so I don't have all that much time
BUT once it's Januari

I did, thank you! I SO understand exams and holiday retail and the combination thereof... make sure to come up for air a few times, haha.

One thing I must say I like about our little RP group is that we all seem to have about the same amount of free time, which is next to none. X3

Ok so my laptop broke down. I dunno if I can get it repaired and if so, how long it will take. Or if not, when exactly I will have a replacement

It seems we're all in the position of being short on time XD . I'm currently trying to juggle my physics homework so I can likely post around either tomorrow or Sunday.

If all goes well, I should have a new computer within 24 hours (repairing the old one would get quite expensive, which I didn't think was worth it anymore)

all went well and I've got near full virtual mobility again (I only can't get the wifi to work so for now ethernet it is) i'm assuming you guys will be busy till after Christmas/New Years?

Woo hoo! I'm pretty busy in real life, but my job is super slow this time of year so weirdly most of my free time is... well... during office hours. I can't do much besides internet at work, so I'll more or less be here.

I just got done with my last day of finals, but for most of the next couple of weeks I'll be free. Sorry I haven't posted yet! I've been studying all week.

Just to clarify, Grimm brought back the guide's spirit? And if so, is he visible to the others?

Exactly... And I wouldn't think so? I mean, I wrote him as not exactly having manifested himself and contacting ghosts is kinda what channellers are for. On the other hand, in-game and stuff, anyone could see ghosts at times (think old gateau and that bridge in unova)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom