• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this RP closed to new members? And if so, could I at least observe? From what I've read I'm very interested in where the story has gone!

Currently with the holidays, it's a little on hiatus XD

But we were considering bringing in some new characters, so there's a window there for people if they want to join

I would like to, but I am a rookie and have never done this before. I just enjoy writing and have been reading a lot of the stories on the forums and this one caught my eye the most. Is it currently the three members I've seen in this post?

No worries, this one was specifically set up for rusty roleplayers (I hadn't rped for years) so it's all really quite casual and easy going

And yup, me, @sableyed and @Argan are the only people currently in this rp

Sorry for my long, unannounced absence! Holidays were a bit hectic, with getting gifts for everyone and whatnot. I think a new member would be great, seeing as how our collection of trainers are at a little bit of a resting point.

Well, I'll brainstorm a character and try to have it ironed out in case you all decide for some new blood. Just let me know :)

So, here's my character I came up with. I know you're all busy so just let me know what you think when you have time! Happy holidays!

As you walked up to Michael for the first time you would think he'd look stand offish or upset, but you quickly realize that he is easy to talk to and listens to what people really have to say, not just waiting for his turn to speak. Upon getting to know him, you learn loyalty is something he barely bestows, but is unbreakable once someone has earned it. A fighter at heart and in his rough upbringing, Michael is not one to back down to a confrontation. Except now his fights are more for helping or protecting people from wrong doing than the dark past he wants to leave behind.

Standing at close to 5'10" and weighing in at 180 pounds, Michael isn't small, but he wouldn't be the biggest person you'd ever come across. With light skin and brown eyes, as well as a high faded haircut for his dark brown hair. Lacking large muscles, he is still toned and has the walk of a man that knows how to carry himself. Michael has no piercings or signifying scars to speak of, unless you count his tattoos that run across his arms and midsection. He brandishes half sleeves, forearm tattoos, in addition to the random ones on the rest of his body. The most notable is the words stenciled into his right bicep that read "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it".

Michael was never the type of person you'd want to turn your back on, always looking for a chance to lie, swindle, steal and sneak away with something he wanted or needed. Growing up alone at a young age, he had to find less then honorable ways to get by. Never one for conversation, he did have a close friend by his early teens who was ever the opposite, a saint you could say. Devin was always there for Michael, consistently pleading for Michael to change his ways. The angel on his shoulders, so to speak, always whispering to stop his crimes. The devil on the other always enticed Michael more.

It wasn't until they were both the age of 19 that Michael ever took Devin's requests seriously. During a game of cards with a few unsavory gentlemen, Michael was caught cheating. As an argument ensued between Michael and this evident thug, Devin stepped in to intervene before a physical confrontation could begin. As Devin motioned forward, Michael went to push him aside, knocking him off balance. Devin, moving quickly with his hands to catch his fall, startled the thug, causing the thug to pull a firearm and shoot Devin. With the deafening pop and ears ringing, body frozen solid, Michael sat idly by as the thugs grabbed the money and ran. After a few minutes and his body thawed, Michael saw that the blood was too much. Devin pleaded for Michael to change his ways, for him, and to deliver something to Relic City. After a year of preparation he is finally on his way!

Michael is accompanied by his best friend, Cooper, a loyal and obedient growlithe. As well as a pidgey and frogadier, named Sam and Zoey respectfully. All three used to assist Michael in his unsavory endeavors, neither of them seeming to fret that they aren't any longer

Last edited:
@Stitsworth seesm good to me, so if the other two agree, you're in. Which might take a little

What I wanna do is (and lemme know if y'all agree) is to have a second group follow them into the forest, all for their own reasons as well. They can join up with the first group later. I'd prefer if some time passes before the second group appear, in the rp at least, maybe, cause then there'd be actual distance between them

I really wanna introduce my ranger OC, Parker, but I have to tweak him a little maybe. Cause I realised he resembles, at least in appearance, Aarune quite a bit, which is annoying cause I designed him way before Aarune was revealed... Might be just me. it's also a good way to test him in an actual rp I guess. I also wouldn't mind introducing another character, who I recently created and who's halfway in her thirties (which would also up the average age a bit XD) but I feel that might be a bit too much, cause then I gotta deal with four characters (which I would also say is the max of the amount of active chara's you can have)

As I know I'll still be busy in the next couple days (@Argan I totally get being busy with the holidays, don't worry) I suggest we really get started in a week again? By then, uni will have started for me again, and my work schedule will be normal again (holidays+part time liquor store job constantly working) Hope you guys are alright with this?

Great with me! @Stitsworth Welcome welcome. I also hadn't RPed in almost 10 years so we are pretty much all in the same boat, I think.

Also y'all... before I realized that the ghost of the guide was a ghost and not your ranger character I mentioned that Ruby could see him. I guess... I guess Ruby can see him, then. Maybe she'll learn something about herself, idk... she's a huge fan of ghost pokemon after all X3 Character development ahoy.

Maybe we should work on updating our character sheets if we're introducing new members? Seems like the right time; everyone will be current on everybody else.

And I hope everyone had a blast for the holidays. I'm partied out.

Right on, I wasn't exactly sure what to put in the character sheet. I see that I completely left out what Michael looks like, so that's my bad. I'm excited to get to work and have some fun. I will be following ya'lls lead.

Oops, sorry if I wasn't clear enough in that.

Best wishes to everyone by the way!

@Stitsworth feel free to add a bit of a description of his appearance if you want, or just do it in your intro

I'm currently really just too tired to write anything sensible, so I'll try to post something tomorrow.

Hey everyone, I finally got back on track again! Fell ill last week, but I'm better again, and got more free time now. I've set things up in such a way with my reply that we can do a little time skip soon, as I figured the two days journey would be relatively safe (I'd actually wanted to guide to say something about that but I forgot)

so then we can easily add in some new characters and i'll go post my new sign up soon

Sure, don't see why not!

Want to warn you in advance though, we're not exactly the fastest moving RP, but everyone new should be able to introduce their characters by the end of the week I think (speaking of which, I'll add my new character sign up soon)

Hey everyone!

So basically, I haven't been as active lately I would have liked to, reason for this I've been feeling a bit under the weather for the past months. Basically, I apparently have allergies which I'm now getting meds for but the symptoms also kept me from sleeping, making me a zombie by day. However, I've got two weeks off now, and I'm catching up on sleep, so all is getting well again

But what does this mean for you guys? Basically, everyone new will be able to join in after my next update, and Amanda and Emil can introduce an extra character if they want. I'll also add my sign up here for my third character, who will be going into the forest (with whomever might be joining)

Parker is considered by most (or at least, those who don't know him very well) to be a bit of a grump, and rather distant. Which, to be honest, is actually true. It's not that Parker actively dislikes people, or anything, he's simply not much of a people person, nor very talkative. In general, he's actually a lot better in interacting with pokemon than with humans, which might be why he became a pokemon ranger. Halfway in his twenties, he has been in his job for half a decade and doesn't see himself quitting anytime soon. What else would he do? As he's a workaholic, you'll rarely ever see him in anything other than his ranger uniform. The only thing deviating from the standard issued uniform are the red bandana and go-goggles that cover most of his unruly blond hair.

Those rare moments he's not working, he likes to spend his leisure time exercising to keep in shape and keep up with his pokemon. For the same reason, he enjoys pokemon battles, to make sure both he and his teams stay on top of their game.

Despite his his distant demeanour, when it comes to new trainers, those lost, and those in need of training, he becomes far more friendly and helpful. Still not talkative, but it can't be denied he's an adept teacher, albeit in his own, unique way.

Helping him with his daily work are Scrapper, a recently evolved Aggron who's brave nature makes him a great partner for Parker. He is furthermore accompanied by a gentle little phantump named Saria, who joined his team after an adventure involving several upset trevenant and some kidnapped (or spirited away might almost be more appropriate) people.

Furthermore, I'd like to update the 'what has happened' bit in the RP thread as well

Last edited:
They'll probably have some great conversations :p

I must admit my last sign-up feels a bit more minimalistic than it should be, but tbh Parker is a character I've had for a while, but never used in an RP yet, so he's always been more of a concept... Also, the trevenant incident mentioned is the same one Leslie-Ann mentioned

I think it was a detailed as it should, I'm looking forward to seeing him in action!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom