• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: An Unwanted Journey

BackSet

You Could Use Some Imagination
Reaction score
Rated T for Teen. And also Trebuchet. Not really. Anyway, yeah, violence, mild blood (because, really, pokemon can't not bleed when attacked by things with spikes), potential death (assuming I make it to sinnoh and/or kalos), potential catatonic states (Sun/moon and black/white[2]), and a few possibly upsetting themes.

there's nothing here.

Last edited:
I find it difficult to review comedy, seeing as it's such a subjective genre. I have to admit, this type of comedy isn't my thing, but I can't say it's bad. Anyway, your dialogue is mostly formatted correctly - just, pronouns don't need to be capitalised as part of a speech tag. Er, what else? Oh, you don't really need the summary at the start of Chapter 3, not least because it's a bit confusing - at first it looks like part of the story.

This is just wonderful. The former child prodigy thought.

That would probably looks better as: This is just wonderful, the former child prodigy thought. Formatted as dialogue with italics instead of speech marks.

Hold It!!!!!!!!!

This might have a bigger impact with two or three exclamation marks at most.

“What?” Was Artemis’ only response.

Likewise, I think just "What?" would be funnier.

“Shadow Ball?” Hermes asked. Umbreon could only learn Shadow Ball from a TM.

“I got the TM as a gift from an uncle who wanted me to become a pokemon battle trainer like him.” Artemis replied. “Uncle… AJ I think his name was.”

I'd scrap that exchange. Your action isn't a bad start by any means - just as a rule of thumb it's best to avoid exposition dialogue in the middle of a battle, if you can. I don't think a reader would be confused to see an Umbreon use Shadow Ball.

maps of places that didn’t even exist

That one I did find amusing.

Your late

That should be "You're" - "you are".

Goddammit!

Damn thing get's stuck every time I try to edit the damn thing.

Wouldn't you know it, pressed "Post Reply" prematurely. Anyway, couple notes on Chapter 4:

Koga knew that sometimes a feeling was worth following. So he checked the pokemon and found a photo.

That seems odd, and it doesn't seem like it's supposed to be funny-odd. Wouldn't anyone be able to just see Raticate holding a photo or something?

Debris. Looks like that one was a typo

Wouldn't you know it, pressed "Post Reply" prematurely. Anyway, couple notes on Chapter 4:

That seems odd, and it doesn't seem like it's supposed to be funny-odd. Wouldn't anyone be able to just see Raticate holding a photo or something?

Debris. Looks like that one was a typo
The Raticate is lying on it's side facing away from Koga and Apollo. The Photo is clutched in it's front paw.

If I was on a computer, updating the chapters would be easier. But it's done.

Chapter 5 edited so as to give you a small warning before Mare's sections in order to make the transitions less awkward.

I've only read the first chapter so far.

I like the little bits of worldbuilding you did, such as how Pokémon need to be kept in balls in certain premises, and how you used it to show us Artemis' defiance.

Sandslashes naturally have high defense due to being capable of rolling into a nigh impenetrable spiny ball.
I was about to nitpick about the epithet in the previous sentence, but I think this would have been better if you showed us the Sandslash defending itself.

Also, that author's note is redundant.

I've only read the first chapter so far.

I like the little bits of worldbuilding you did, such as how Pokémon need to be kept in balls in certain premises, and how you used it to show us Artemis' defiance.

I was about to nitpick about the epithet in the previous sentence, but I think this would have been better if you showed us the Sandslash defending itself.

Also, that author's note is redundant.
My authors notes are authors notes.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom