• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ancient Civilizations of the Pokemon World

WallflowerCanyon

Explore.
Reaction score
Have you ever wondered or wanted to learn more about the several ancient civilizations that are mentioned throughout the games and the anime? Do you think there's a potential that they could be explored just a little more in both the games and the anime?

I think my biggest question is if the People of the Water and Pokelantis are the same thing... mainly because both of them are based off the legend of Atlantis. Reason why I mentioned the People of the Water being based off of Atlantis is because of their geography associated with being underwater, and the fact that they had techonology that was highly advanced for their time (their technology being powered by some type of energy crystals is similar to the technology used in Atlantis: The Lost Empire).

Well, mostly I'd like to know more about the temple raisers in the games, but the one I'd REALLY like to dive into is the tribe that created the sealed chamber. Now, that's interesting.

I'm wondering whether all three of the Unown-based civilizations we know about were individually founded or if they branched out from a main one.

Considering that Shinto ruins was supposed to be where the people of Sinnoh and Johto met, they may very well have independently sprung up from each other.

The methods of sealing the Unowns in the Tanoby ruins and Ruins of Alph are also very different, while the Unown in Solaceon are free to roam on their own.

Besides the Sealed Chamber in the R/S/E games, I think it would be interesting if they put more underwater ruins in a future game (I kinda miss using Dive as an HM for some reason:sweatlol:). And not just small ruins like previously, but maybe put in an entire ancient city underwater.

Besides the Sealed Chamber in the R/S/E games, I think it would be interesting if they put more underwater ruins in a future game (I kinda miss using Dive as an HM for some reason:sweatlol:). And not just small ruins like previously, but maybe put in an entire ancient city underwater.

I totally agree with this. I loved Dive.

To me, the little hints in the world point towards that the pokemon world that we know if is post-apocalyptic. The Regis are machines, various high tech items with everything else being relatively low tech, as if they don't fully understand how everything works and there are some black boxes that they just use another black box on to replicate.

In the movies, these things become very obvious. The security system in Heros, the Sea Temple in... well... that movie with someone who sounds like Zap Branigan's voice actor for the ranger. There's no way that the people in world could even attempt at making something like that. They were still making their first ventures into space during these times, after all.

To me, the little hints in the world point towards that the pokemon world that we know if is post-apocalyptic. The Regis are machines, various high tech items with everything else being relatively low tech, as if they don't fully understand how everything works and there are some black boxes that they just use another black box on to replicate.

In the movies, these things become very obvious. The security system in Heros, the Sea Temple in... well... that movie with someone who sounds like Zap Branigan's voice actor for the ranger. There's no way that the people in world could even attempt at making something like that. They were still making their first ventures into space during these times, after all.

It does make sense if you think about it. but then again, in the Game, as well as the Anime, they talk about the begainning of time and such. and How Arceus, Diagla and Palkia created the earth...

This is an old thread, but I don't know. I wrote a story. Once, in the celestial realm of Pokemon, a catastrophic event unfolded that would forever change the course of Pokemon civilization. The War in heaven, a conflict between the legendary Pokemon Arceus and Giratina, erupted with an intensity that shook the very foundations of the celestial realm.Both Arceus and Giratina, once allies, found themselves at odds, driven by their differing ideals and desires. Arceus sought to protect the Pokemon world and maintain its delicate balance, while Giratina craved power and absolute control over all Pokemon. The celestial battleground became a stage for their immense power, with other legendary and mythical Pokemon forced to take sides.The war ravaged the heavens, causing immense destruction and loss. Entire worlds were torn asunder in the fiery clash of power, and the celestial realm trembled under the weight of their monumental conflict. As the war raged on, the boundaries between the celestial and mortal worlds grew thin, and the chaos began to spill into the Pokemon civilization below.With their creators embroiled in a destructive war, the Pokemon civilization faced an unprecedented crisis. Without the guidance and protection of their deities, chaos and discord rapidly spread. Pokemon lost their sense of purpose, turning on each other in the desperation for survival.Amidst this turmoil, humanity recognized a golden opportunity - the weakness of the Pokemon. With their gods and protectors locked in battle, humans exploited the weakened state of the Pokemon civilization. They subjugated the once revered creatures, forcing them into labor, entertainment, and combat.Over time, this relentless exploitation became the norm in the modern Pokemon world. The vast majority of Pokemon became tools for human amusement and advancement. They were captured, trained, and pitted against each other in battles, their natural instincts manipulated for human gain.While some humans recognized the cruelty in this system and sought to free Pokemon from their enslavement, the majority turned a blind eye to the suffering. The once-celestial beings were reduced to mere commodities, their rights and dignity stripped away.Generations passed, and the memory of the Pokemon War in heaven faded. The concept of Pokemon battling for human purposes became so deeply ingrained in society that few questioned its morality anymore. The chains of oppression tightened, and Pokemon continued to face a life of servitude, regarded as nothing more than tools for the humans' desires.As the story continues, new hope may arise - voices fighting for change, seeking to restore the lost glory and freedom of Pokemon. Perhaps one day, the shackles imposed by humans will be lifted, and the Pokemon will regain their rightful place in the world, free from the chains of exploitation and enslavement.

Back
Top Bottom