• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

And now for something completely different: Grant Bosse runs for Congress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
... in a non-existent district.

http://www.nowhampshire.com/2009/11...d-in-new-hampshire’s-satirical-00th-district/

Republican activist and free market think-tanker Grant Bosse formally declared his candidacy today in New Hampshire’s 00th Congressional District after news that the Obama administration has attributed a majority of the state’s stimulus jobs to that non-existent district.

New Hampshire has only two congressional districts, neither of which are numbered “00.”

“Even a fake district needs real leadership,” said Bosse while appearing on WGIR’s Charlie Sherman show on Friday morning.

“The people overseeing the stimulus actually found more fake congressional districts than there are real congressional districts. So if we run in all 440 phantom congressional seats we can take over Congress,” Bosse said as the radio host chuckled along.

“I can’t do this alone,” Bosse said at his press conference. “This needs to be a nationwide effort. We need to find candidates as fantastic and unbelievable as the stimulus numbers the Obama administration has given us.”

Bosse really was a candidate for Congress during the 2008 Republican primary in the real district of NH-02, which covers the Western part of the state. He lost to Jennifer Horn, who sources tell NowHampshire.com will endorsed Bosse’s fake candidacy today.

Former New Hampshire Attorney General and Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Kelly Ayotte endosed Bosse’s fake candidacy.

“The massive spending in Washington that Paul Hodes continues to support with the 787 billion dollar ’stimulus’ and now the trillion dollar government takeover of health care clearly needs to be reined in by someone who understands the importance of fiscal prudence. There is currently an absurd lack of transparency and accountability for Granite Staters’ hard earned tax dollars,” said Brooks Kochvar, campaign manager for former Attorney General Kelly Ayotte, in the campaign’s endorsement announcement.

“If Paul Hodes and the professional politicians in Washington would read the legislation before they vote for it, both the federal budget and New Hampshire’s families’ budgets would be better off.”

Bossee will talk about his fake candidacy on Fox News Channel with Neal Cavuto on Friday afternoon.

Bosse’s fake candidacy to win a fake congressional district is a protest of sorts. This week several news reports pointed out that President Barack Obama’s Recovery.gov, the site developed by the White House to provide “transparent” information about the stimulus, is riddled with errors, including 700 congressional districts that don’t actually exist.

Many conservatives are furious that the federal government has apparently lost track of where a significant portion of the $787 billion stimulus money has gone.

I support this measure and will be a canidate for Missouri's 00th district, or 29th district...depends on my mood. I will run a campaign of fairness, transparencyness, and superbness!

And apparently, North Dakota has a 99th district. Don't ask me how. o.o

If they found any fake districts in Massachusetts... I call dibs on the seat.

Seriously though, massive amounts of lulz. I support his candidacy.

Edit: Hide in Plain Sight announces his official entry into the race to run for the seat in the fake 86th district of Massachusetts. What are we getting one district per town now?

Last edited:
I may run for any fake Texas seats that come up. Then again I opposed the Stimulus plan since the beginning, it was stupid then, and it is stupid now. In fact I am surprised it has exceeded my expectations at how horrible it would be carried out. I wonder if that will play well in my fake district since it would be receiving Stimulus money.

Edit: I am officially announcing my candidacy for the fake 52nd district of Texas.

Wait, why would you run for office in places that don't technically exist? Seems kinda crazy to me.

I vote that we kick out everyone who's in Congress who's been in it longer than 10 years.

That'll get things done easy.

• Staff
Not necessarily. Congressmen who have been in office for a long time (for instance: Ted Kennedy, John McCain) often feel safer when it comes to making important deals and compromises with the opposition.

I think ending gerrymandering is a more effective solution to our national gridlock than term limits.

Gerrymandering is a good start. The other advantage incumbents have over newcomers is of media coverage. An incumbent only needs to have a press conference covered by taxpayers to get in the news. An opponent needs to raise money and rent venues for speaking. It is much easier for incumbents to raise support, and because of campaign finance laws limiting donations that can be given to opposition, they can't marshall support as effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom