• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: END GAME! TOWN WINS 21/06/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: Day 3: Redd Dead 03/06/14

Unvote: FtV

I'm no longer as confident in pursuing FtV.

And @Froakie;, at the moment I honestly cannot lay my finger on one individual in particular. I could make a case for everyone who is actively participating at the moment, but not a strong case. However, my largest concern are all of the players that are flying under the radar. I wish that they would participate more. Namely @Oswin;. As soon as the heat was off his back, he disappeared. I haven't seen anything from him since. That being said, what's your take on the current vote count, Oswin?

Unvote:Froakie

Beck unvoted me, so no reason to keep the vote.

Why is Froakie being voted? What is this obsession of you people with people not replying to accusations of random voting in day 1? Can't you honestly do better? I'm going to take a third option here and

vote: zexy

@Zexy; I don't even know what your viewpoints are anymore, you literally constantly change them to match the popular opinion at that moment. I believe you have changed your vote to match the current popular viewpoint every single phase now. Do you by any chance fear someone might suspect you of being mafia if you didn't go with the flow?

Day 1: I think that neither Midorikawa nor Oswin were vote-worthy.
Day 2: We finally decided to scumhunt towards other people for once. I found Froakie suspicious. When attention switched to Zima, I decided to go to Zima, to make her say something. Upon seeing that she was not about to say anything, and 5 votes were on her, I decided to switch back into Froakie, in an attempt to "give her an opportunity" as FtV said.
Day 3: I am unsure of Farfetchd the Vigilante (I don't yet call him clear, although he gave us a decent defense). So, now, I voted Froakie. What is so jumpy and safe about it, I was the very first person ever in this game to vote Froakie.

So, on Day 1, not voting was not the popular opinion. On Day 2, I did not follow the Zima lynch, and on Day 3, you finally focus on the one person I find suspicious myself, shouldn't I go for her?

vote: zexy

@Zexy; I don't even know what your viewpoints are anymore, you literally constantly change them to match the popular opinion at that moment. I believe you have changed your vote to match the current popular viewpoint every single phase now. Do you by any chance fear someone might suspect you of being mafia if you didn't go with the flow?

Oh yeah, I agree, Zexy has been playing it way too safe this game, safer than usual, and I found it strange how he unvoted Zima, voted Froakie, as if maybe to not take responsibility on the lynch, and then come this Day Phase, he only votes Froakie after I've voted her.

I started with Froakie last day phase. I unvoted Zima and voted Froakie, prompting FtV and Oswin to do the same, since FtV himself wanted to give Zima an opportunity as he said! Yes, this phase, I did not find FtV suspicious enough to be vote worthy, and went for Froakie (which I already suspected) only after the focus finally changed away from a person I did not want to attack much.

I have never agreed with the Froakie lynch, glad someone is acknowledgeding other suspects.

Miz did start out a bit weird. I agree most of what she called out had justification. However she definetly isn't trying to blend, as I haven't seen her simply say "I agree with such and such so vote blank.
She hasn't responded to Human's vote yet though.

But a Zexy vote? A bit random in my opinion. I haven't seen any such viewpoint changes. You seem to be the only one to think this.

Well, I agree with that lynch... you are glad that Mijz is acknowledging me as a suspect, yet you think that the vote on me is random?

Mijz has been scumhunting offensively for a while, and while he mislynched Mido, this is not enough to blame. He is not a player to blend in...

Indeed, I did not have any viewpoint changes. Vote changes, yes, but viewpoint, no.

This entire game hs been it's either you or you so far. We're just waisting time by not pursueing other suspects. I don't agree with suspicion on you, but it still is worth our time to eliminate townies as suspects or prove a player guilty.

I've lost track of the game slightly and don't really have much time to catch up now because I have work, when I finish later I'll have a full catch up and post my thoughts.

Well thank you human for that incredible wallpost I'm sure everyone here read in its entirety, I mean who doesn't love reading through wallposts right.

What about the reason was bad on GastlyGibus? Lack of explanation on anything gives you freedom to vote whoever you'd like, and its justification would be on almost on the same level.

Here GastlyGibus says something about it:
Her first vote was clearly a joke though. I would hardly call that starting "a bandwagon." Just because someone else joke-voted her as well doesn't make it some kind of bandwagon. Furthermore, she even stated that her reasoning for voting me was to tie the votes as a safety precaution. It's only a bandwagon when multiple people start jumping on. So far, we only have two for me and three for Midori (one from you). I feel like you're taking things a bit too seriously here.

Which Mijzelffan doesn't respond to and then accuses Zexy of trying to appeal to emotion to justify his vote further:

Still, does Midorikawa really deserve 3 votes for what she has done so far?

You can do a better appeal to emotion than that, I'm sure.

From something that makes total sense to ask.

Why would I reply to people asking me why I'm voting Mido if I had already given my reasons as to why I was voting her? If they don't think the reasons are good enough then that's their problem, they were good enough for me. So yes, I will ignore any "counter-arguments" that's basically just people asking me to repeat my arguments.

Are we doing this again?

But my opinion is that Oswin is no more suspicious than any other player and that he's only being targeted to take heat off midorikawa. I am starting to suspect Mido more and more with people like FinalArcadia and Zexy chiming in to her rescue giving us heartfelt appeals to our emotions and painting Oswin as a bad guy while they did exactly the same thing. Frankly I think at the moment Midorikawa's allignment upon death will teach us a lot more than Oswin's.

The first point is irrelevant, you had things to respond to which you didn't while in that game you had nothing to respond to. You weren't even voted in this game, how would it lead to the same conclusion?

Precaution because as you can see in this thread not replying for a while is being used to incriminate people even though that's a bad strategy (also soulmaster and acs are let of the hook for some reason). But why would you bring this up? How would this pertain to me being mafia in any way?

I don't know how Midorikawa could really be any more suspicious because two people don't agree with the votes on her, this is a lame repeated reason to justify your vote you bring up in almost every game you're in regardless of alignment just because people don't find justification in what you say. If I said I was voting Shiny Ditto because I don't have one and seriously kept my vote, and then people called me out on how ridiculous it is that I'm seriously keeping my vote and then I'd say I think my vote is justified further because there are people who dare disagree with my reasoning, then I'd look like a ridiculous player who doesn't know what they're doing. The heartfelt appeals stuff is a complete lie too.

If I do it every game then why does it suddenly make me suspicious for doing it this game? And the appeal to emotions definitely did happen, you quoted them just earlier. Asking if someone really deserves to be lynched is an appeal to emotion, it's a form of appeal to pity. Asking "does this man deserve to go to jail" instead of "do these actions deserve jailtime" creates pathos, we tend to feel sympathy for humans. If I drew a smiley face on a piece of paper and said its name was Steve you'd feel more sympathy for it when I tear it in half than if I just teared it straight away. I have no idea why I even have to argue for this.

At the time of his vote you were the only one who had a jokevote. How was he looking for an easy lynch, if anything zima or me were the ones looking for an easy lynch. I think at the moment you're just looking for an easy lynch by voting Oswin, who really hasn't done anything different from me, zima or yourself.

I agree here that the reason for voting Oswin was bad, but I don't agree with Midorikawa looking for an easy lynch here based on some misunderstanding.

Then you don't, others did. Not everyone who disagrees with you is mafia.

While Oswin is not winning himself any points with that defense, I would like to point out Midorikawa's defense to the allegations against her is basically "wow guys look at what Oswin is doing over here let's all look at that instead of me."

Not really true at all.

Mijzelffan told me Midorikawa was ignoring arguments put against her, and then I said I couldn't see how she ignored any.

Also I still don't see how Midorikawa ignored anything?

Which he hypocritically ignores, not trying to justify his vote.

I ignore you because I don't care if you see my argument or not when others do and it would just result in an endless cycle of me repeating myself and you either not getting it or saying how you don't think it's a valid point. You're not the special snowflake of the thread that needs to get something before it's valid. Sometimes people disagree on things without one side being inherently wrong.

She ignored what I said about the case on Oswin after though, but it's still hypocritical because she didn't do it before.

Well I really expected mido to turn out mafia so I don't have much to say anymore.

What did Midorikawa do for you to really expect that she would turn out Mafia? Most of the reasons you had were countered and responded which you ignored.

No they weren't, saying you don't get/see something isn't a proper counter argument. That's just disagreement.

Like the mafia can't speculate on their own who the cop is with the information Clusiana provided, namely that the cop blindly came to her and claimed. I'm sure at least one person with the mafia is smart enough to come to the same conclusions I posted in this thread.

It's true the Mafia can speculate on their own and that maybe at least one person with the Mafia would come up with that conclusion, but you thinking and even saying the same conclusion would give validation to that one person making them think it's a lot more sound, so really it's anti-town either way.

Wether someone is anti-town or not doesn't matter if they're not mafia. Once I vigkilled the cop as an uncounterclaimed and clearly proven vigilante and people lynched me because that was super anti-town. Too bad for them that didn't make the chances of me being mafia any higher and of course I flipped town vigilante. If you choose your own personal vendettas over actual scumhunting then you're playing badly.

tl;dr disagreeing or not understanding is not the same as a counter argument because instead of discussion it leads to "is so - is not" arguments which is why I might choose to ignore it, secondly people can disagree with you without neccesarily being mafia.

Oh, I missed like a whole page of posts… namely Froakie’s defense and Human’s wall. I only realized when Mijz’s anti-wall appeared.

Looks like we are not really ovefocusing on two certain people anymore. I am going to read that all and come up with more thoughts soon.

fUCK ME I JUST WROTE A POST OUT TO RESPOND TO WHAT MIJZELFFAN SAID AND I ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED IT INSTEAD OF ANOTHER TAB

But basically it was that while I disagreed on him in some parts, I could now see where he was coming from with his explanations and now think he's likely to be Town with how much sense his explanations make and how he reacted and that I'm thankful that he cleared my doubts.

UNVOTE: Mijzelffan
VOTE: Farfetchd the Vigilante

His recent precaution is alarming me, and neither Mijzelffan or Froakie look like good lynch targets to me any more.

I agree with her that other players should be focused on, although I want to know what she thought about what Soulmaster said to be unsatisfactory.
I believe it was this post.
So, Vote: Soulmaster

We still have like 36 hours, I'd like to see you talk more.
Um, hate to burst your bubble, but if you remember this is my normal playstyle. I basically wait, defend myself if needed, bnut then pull a rabbit out of my hat late game. So if you are just voting me because I have made all of 2 posts, other than joining/confirming, you don't really remember that.
You say you want me to talk more, what about? What's better to do, if you don't have anything to add to the discussion, say mostly random stuff, or say nothing? Because I really don't, from what people have said, their points against Zima make sense, as well as the ones against Oswin. So "I agree with above"? Does that pass as saying more?
Vote:Froakie

Just tying up the votes to be cautious. None of the voters have had a change of heart, and I don't want to risk it.
I don't suspect Froakie yet at all though, as reference.
So you don't think Froakie should be lynched?

It's fine to not be too defensive but it seems you're being too passive about the state of things. If it comes down to a lynch of you or Froakie, or possibly a no lynch, what would you choose?

Lol, the fact you're all still going off literally one vote I made on day one kinda baffles me.
This is not a me vs. anybody as it seems to be for like 2 days now. So it's either FTV or me? Really?

I have literally given all my "defense" over one vote. I didn't even vote for Zima yesterday who BTW ended up being town as well as Mido. I voted for Soulmaster, somebody who I wanted to see a response from and the one I got back was actually really not satisfactory imo. And you know what? I kept my vote on him, not changing to other people just because bandwagons started, as it seems you're all doing now. You wanna vote out another town member? We've already lost, what, three. Statistical chances dictate me and FTV are probably both town yet it's always just tunnelling on one or two people every day. Why not broaden out to different people?

I wanna hear more from @Mijzelffan; and @Beck; please. I'm not tagging everyone else who hasn't spoken much. Just wanna hear from you both for now.

edit: FTV not zima

Your defense was that you did not find Oswin suspicious (which I agreed to) and that Midorikawa’s lynch helped the town. Yet, as me and FA said, you could not know that when you voted for her, and upon asking you why you voted her, you didn’t really tell us something about that.

I have to agree, it is not nice to overfocus on certain people, but for a while everyone was so focused, and scumhunting for others wouldn’t change things. That’s why I kept insisting on you, waiting for a response. After said response, we stopped this and decided to scumhunt, which is good. Thus, I will now unvote you, and go think of who else could be scum.

As for Soulmaster, I am really conflicted. The fact that he says nothing is not nice, but if his playstyle is really that, I can’t call him scummy for not posting.

On the @Beck; thing, we should not forget that he was conveniently there to participate in both the Midorikawa and the Zima bandwagon, and now in the FtV one (although he unvoted). All the times, he votes said person while saying a little line, in the terms of “I agree on what others said”.

On Mijzelffan, I don’t really know what to think of. He is a player who scumhunts a bit too agressively, his first target was Midorikawa, in Day 1. He voted her with some reasoning, maybe not really sound (since it was Day 1). Then, he valiantly kept attacking Mido, saying that whoever tried to defend Mido was making “heartfelt appeals” that did not exist. On Day 2, it felt like he “disappeared” since he realized that his decision to lynch Mido was bad. It felt like he did not post much to avoid getting suspected. This time, he goes after me. Well, his reasoning is not really bad, but I explained myself.

And the appeal to emotions definitely did happen, you quoted them just earlier. Asking if someone really deserves to be lynched is an appeal to emotion, it's a form of appeal to pity. Asking "does this man deserve to go to jail" instead of "do these actions deserve jailtime" creates pathos, we tend to feel sympathy for humans. If I drew a smiley face on a piece of paper and said its name was Steve you'd feel more sympathy for it when I tear it in half than if I just teared it straight away. I have no idea why I even have to argue for this.

I don’t really think so. When lynching people in mafia, we don’t really consider that someone in some screen is in trouble, trying to defend themselves to no avail. I think we are heartless enough with D1 lynches that are almost always mislynches. Upon asking “why does Mido deserve a lynch” I did not appeal to emotion, but was rationally asking, were her actions really enough to make a lynch on her?

So, in the end, what I got from the wallposts is that Mijz is accused of attacking an innocent in D1 and his “appeal to emotion/looking anti-town” thing. His defense is really weird, he says that he has all the right to ignore accusations on him and that the fact he does not look pro-town does not mean he is mafia. But since the accusation was not really stable in the first place, I don’t know how to feel about him.

… and now I am thinking the other way around. HumanDawn also did not vote in the beginning, was quick to start a lynch on Zima, then went quickly for Froakie who was an easy suspect, and when she said that we should focus on others, he unvoted Froakie and made a case on Mijz. When Mijz replied, he unvoted Mijz and went for FtV just because “his recent precaution is alarming him”. The fact that after all these accusations he ended up on FtV of all people really. I would like him to give some insight on players bar Mijzelffan, since he played safely and conveniently in the previous phases.

UNVOTE: Froakie
VOTE: HumanDawn

Yet I want to listen from Beck AND Oswin. The latter has not posted much after getting off the hook, and I am waiting on his thoughts.

Unfortunately, @Zexy;, I have no good reason for my voting record. It is very obviously poor.

My only defense would be that I really didn't know any better. I had no clue of either Midorikawa or Zima's alignment, so I had no other choice than to follow my gut, which clearly didn't help. As you can see, I am on the tail-end of each lynch, so by no means was I a catalyst in either. That doesn't necessarily clear me of any suspicion, albeit, but it's the only reasoning to my defense. That all being said, I would think that a member of the Mafia, having known both Midorikawa and Zima's alignment before their deaths (that being, not Mafia), could avoid at least one of the Town lynches to concede innocence. If a player like Zima was likely to be lynched (we all saw it coming almost a day before the end of the phase), then why would they bother joining in? My vote was clearly before you had tried to save Zima by removing votes, so I wasn't malicious in my vote, I only used the information that I had at the time.

That is all that I have in my defense; if it's not enough then I apologize.

Unfortunately, @Zexy;, I have no good reason for my voting record. It is very obviously poor.

My only defense would be that I really didn't know any better. I had no clue of either Midorikawa or Zima's alignment, so I had no other choice than to follow my gut, which clearly didn't help. As you can see, I am on the tail-end of each lynch, so by no means was I a catalyst in either. That doesn't necessarily clear me of any suspicion, albeit, but it's the only reasoning to my defense. That all being said, I would think that a member of the Mafia, having known both Midorikawa and Zima's alignment before their deaths (that being, not Mafia), could avoid at least one of the Town lynches to concede innocence. If a player like Zima was likely to be lynched (we all saw it coming almost a day before the end of the phase), then why would they bother joining in? My vote was clearly before you had tried to save Zima by removing votes, so I wasn't malicious in my vote, I only used the information that I had at the time.

Well, mafia want to join bandwagons at times, because 1) it forces the focus on certain people 2) it makes easier to force a lynch on certain people 3) WIFOM can be used to help them look town. I know that mafiosi wouldn't like that, but they could also do it and bring up as a defense. I am not saying that you definitely did that, but it is some possibility, so I am getting null vibes here. If we saw it coming a day before, why did you really vote her, wouldn't she get lynched anyway? If anything, it made things harder for us to save her later... I also have to check if your vote on Midorikawa back on Day 1 tied or untied the votes between her and Oswin.

Now, you went for Froakie... if anything, she is another player who jumped in the bandwagons late. Alike you in a sense.

I believe it was this post.
So, Vote: Soulmaster

We still have like 36 hours, I'd like to see you talk more.
Um, hate to burst your bubble, but if you remember this is my normal playstyle. I basically wait, defend myself if needed, bnut then pull a rabbit out of my hat late game. So if you are just voting me because I have made all of 2 posts, other than joining/confirming, you don't really remember that.
You say you want me to talk more, what about? What's better to do, if you don't have anything to add to the discussion, say mostly random stuff, or say nothing? Because I really don't, from what people have said, their points against Zima make sense, as well as the ones against Oswin. So "I agree with above"? Does that pass as saying more?
Vote:Froakie

Just tying up the votes to be cautious. None of the voters have had a change of heart, and I don't want to risk it.
I don't suspect Froakie yet at all though, as reference.
So you don't think Froakie should be lynched?

It's fine to not be too defensive but it seems you're being too passive about the state of things. If it comes down to a lynch of you or Froakie, or possibly a no lynch, what would you choose?
Obviously I want to live, but a no lynch. I honestly see nothing on Froakie.
Also at this time Froakie had 2 Votes, I had 3Votes. I tied it up with myself.

Well, mafia want to join bandwagons at times, because 1) it forces the focus on certain people 2) it makes easier to force a lynch on certain people 3) WIFOM can be used to help them look town. I know that mafiosi wouldn't like that, but they could also do it and bring up as a defense. I am not saying that you definitely did that, but it is some possibility, so I am getting null vibes here. If we saw it coming a day before, why did you really vote her, wouldn't she get lynched anyway? If anything, it made things harder for us to save her later... I also have to check if your vote on Midorikawa back on Day 1 tied or untied the votes between her and Oswin.

Now, you went for Froakie... if anything, she is another player who jumped in the bandwagons late. Alike you in a sense.

I understand the reasoning for a Mafioso to join a bandwagon. And I couldn't realistically provide a reason for my votes other than they were what I believed to be our best option at the time. I followed Mijzelffan's lead on Day One because Midorikawa came across as too aggressive for my liking. Normally I would prefer to No Lynch (even if aligned with the Mafia), as I'm sure you know, but she seriously rubbed me the wrong way. I took a leap of faith to help build a vote count that could be analyzed the following day. And I can't say I was entirely surprised that she flipped Town, the odds were in her favor, like they were in Oswin's. All I did was choose what I thought at the time to be the lesser of two evils. And I found Zima to be suspicious because she had ample time to reply to our votes, but failed to convince me otherwise. She even did reply, but it wasn't at all a reasonable defense, in my opinion. And by the time I had logged back on she had already been lynched, so there was no opportunity for me to retract my vote. That said, I would have stuck with my vote despite you trying to save Zima. I really did think she was guilty of something. It's obvious now, though, that I was wrong. I understand that this looks cooked, but it's not, trust me.

And Froakie and I are alike as far as Day One is concerned. On Day Two, not so much. I made a gut decision to vote Zima and I stuck with my vote. Froakie voted for Soulmaster, someone who was the least of our concerns at the time. In fact, she voted Soulmaster to have him contribute to the thread, and when he did, she didn't bother to respond. She never once followed up with him in-thread, and she didn't bother to remove her vote. To me, it seems like a cop-out vote. Now, does that make her giulty? I don't know, but it definitely doesn't make Froakie and I alike.

… and now I am thinking the other way around. HumanDawn also did not vote in the beginning, was quick to start a lynch on Zima, then went quickly for Froakie who was an easy suspect, and when she said that we should focus on others, he unvoted Froakie and made a case on Mijz. When Mijz replied, he unvoted Mijz and went for FtV just because “his recent precaution is alarming him”. The fact that after all these accusations he ended up on FtV of all people really. I would like him to give some insight on players bar Mijzelffan, since he played safely and conveniently in the previous phases.

UNVOTE: Froakie
VOTE: HumanDawn

I was the first to vote Zima, I voted in the beginning and didn't change my vote to Froakie in Day 2. I didn't unvote just because she said we should focus on others, and it did look suspicious to me and I can't help but find it scummy. I'm not as stubborn as other players here who keep their vote despite having their reason countered. I don't think I played safely or conveniently in previous phases, but I've been talking with a lot of people privately and discussing things with them, sharing my reads with them.

I don't trust Froakie as much as I trust FtV, so I'll Vote: Froakie.

Froakie: 2 (FinalArcadia, Beck)
Farfetch the Vigilante: 3 (Clusiana, Shiny Ditto, HumanDawn)
Zexy: 1 (Mijzelffan)
HumanDawn: 1 (Zexy)

This is how it currently stands.

Apologies for the delay.

Votes locked. Update pending.

Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf Mafia: Night 3: Sea No Evil 05/06/14

Isabelledeathannouncement_zps0f725d5c2_zpse07ed5da.png

Farfetchd the Vigilante
462px-GulliverSailor_zps2efbe438.png

Gulliver

Your earliest ambition in life was to travel the World. Now that you are older, you’ve finally started to pursue that dream. However, your discomfort with the sea and traveling by boat have lead to some unfortunate circumstances. Countless times you’ve washed up on the shores of Bulba, concussed, barely able to remember your own name. You have..erm...Ambrosia..or Amnesia or something like that. There’s only so many times you can fall overboard without doing a bit of damage!

At any point after a player’s death, you may PM me with the phrase "Assume Role: Name" whatever role that player had in life, will be passed down to you.

You are allied with the Town. The Town will be safe when all threats have been eliminated.

Gulliver was washed ashore one night, completely confused. From then on, forgetting his memories, he began posing as a doctor.
images_zps612c3820.jpg

*Notice Board*
Farfetchd the Vigilante was killed. You guys really hate doctor's

It is now Night 3. You may start sending in your night actions. This phase will end at approximately 1am GMT on 06/06/14. 12/16 players remain.

1 @HumanDawn;
2 @Mijzelffan;
3 @Clusiana;
4 @Soulmaster;
6 @Zexy;
7 @Shiny Ditto;
8 @sharkshocker;
9 @Beck;
12 @Froakie;
13 @Oswin;
14 @FinalArcadia;
15 @Farfetchd the Vigilante;