• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theatricalis

The 'fun' in 'no refund'!
Reaction score
With a few days before this game releases (to places that aren't Japan), I thought I'd make a topic for everyone who's excited about the newest installment in the Animal Crossing series. Surely I can't be the only one here that's excited for it...right?

If this belongs somewhere else or has already been made before (I looked through 4 or 5 pages and didn't see one...) then just let me know, I apologize in advance if it is.

But anyway, New Leaf: Are you excited for it? What are you planning on naming your town? What are you most excited for?

Edit: Woah, okay, I didn't realize my thread was so popular. I certainly never expected that! Also... I didn't realize that this list was here. That's what happens when I don't check for a while, I guess... Anyway. I'll try to do a better job of keeping up with this thread. I never expected this many people to post, and trying to keep up with it has been really overwhelming - I just kind of gave up after a few pages. But I owe it to you guys to try and keep up and post more, considering I made the thread. Huuuuge thanks to whoever first made this list here in my post, I forgot to check the name before I edited it. x_x

Username3DS Friend CodePlayer name/Town nameDream Address
Aenau4253-4871-6073Aenau/
Alan Smithee0688-5429-8080
Araragi Hakase2406-6551-3969Carly/Nuvema
CrackFox3179-7164-1981CrackFox/Spectre7600-2210-8894
Eeveewithwings1230173-1842-7138
FinalArcadia4270-0454-6200Noelle/Bevelle
Geodude3050-7720-3499
GreatLiver4914-2988-5622Mike/Kendley
Harpy4356-0001-7956Ariana/Neokonoh
H.M2938-6480-6519Ashley/Olympia
Ice Ricky5086-1398-3204Carlos/Korwatis4800-2839-7233
jasonwolf0645-6283-3786
Jo The MartenJo/Hillside5600-2191-9722
Kaori2836-0562-2051JoJo/Ávila7500-2238-6135
Miar1161-0002-8573Gideon/Ho'enn
Minato Arisato2981-5337-7533Chowdah/Mayonaka
Oswin0259-0755-5349Frank/Oakville
PenielCrow2466-2233-7115Peniel/Onepiece
Pokelova2707-2539-0026Dawn/Inville
Reila0559-6819-8538Reila/Floaroma
Roxas3883-4965-0051
Ruttager3781-0345-4672Paul/Arcanum
Samwin0516-7420-7612Sam/Mystere
Satoshi-kun2294-3667-8196Lettuce/Cowtown
Setra2277-6753-3469Danny/Paradise
Soulmaster2793-1123-1311JohnPaul/SoulCity
Stahl2535-3830-0199Zima/Moscow
That Guy3866-9263-0872Geraint/Torāji
Theatricalis0044-3390-2705Katee/Skyvale4400-2318-7443
Tophat Dragoneye0216-0776-9812Tophat/Celsius
Warrior of Fire4613-7040-4375Michael/Hyrule4000-3086-5268
Xita1650-1789-3359
Zeb0361-6364-1279Liam/Durango

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super excited for New Leaf! :D I own all the AC games and I named all my towns Mytown just because I'm lazy. :p I plan on continuing the trend. I'm just excited for everything about the game! There are so many new places and things to explore. I really like that they have added on some new fruits~ I hope they have done something about the music. I still believe the first AC for the GC had the best music out of all the games. The music WW and CF was just way too boring in comparison. I also hope they got rid of that horrid grass degeneration problem they had with CF.

I'm so stoked for this game! I actually asked for the limited edition XL to be released with it preinstalled for my birthday next month. I've got so many hours out of WW and CF as they were that I know I'm going to sink my entire summer on this one with all the new changes. I'm probably going to name my town Ávila, as I always do, and I guess I'm most excited for the presence of alpaca characters, some of my favourite animals omg the ability to swim, if I'm honest; I've always kind of longed to jump into the water in the summer. :'D I actually would be perfectly happy if the music was anything like WW and CF; I found it really soothing and not too intrusive. I'm definitely with Mokoniki on the grass degeneration, though. The paths were cute but I'd rather they put proper path laying options into NL. Hopefully they have; I can't recall if I have seen anything of it.

Totally agreed on the grass degeneration thing. It was a bad idea.

It's completely trivial, I know, but finding out that there are new types of fruit made me go full fanboy. And don't even get me started on when I found out that there are north-south beaches! ...Oh, and the swimming thing is pretty cool. That, the whole 'plaza of shops' thing, wall furniture, custom furniture and the refined clothing system are all things I've said should be implemented, and now they have been! All they need now are some new species of Gyroid, and my life will be complete.

I haven't given too much thought to what I'll call my town, but, at the moment, I'm favouring either Labrynna or Torāji. And if I've done my maths correctly, this will be my ninth AC town ever. Hopefully, it'll be my best ever, too.

I've got it preordered, so I just need to pick it up at my local Gamestop when it comes in! I can't wait!

I fell in love with the Gamecube version years ago, but wasn't the biggest fan of the DS version. I'm hoping that I enjoy New Leaf as much (or even more) than the Gamecube version that I loved so much.

It feels like I've been waiting for New Leaf forever, so knowing that it's the final stretch to release is really exciting! It looks like it takes all the best parts from previous games, eliminates some of the less desirable ones (I'm pretty sure they really toned down the grass degeneration in this one, though I may be wrong), and adds so many cute new features and animals. XD So much more customization, and Kicks having his own store makes me happy.

My favorite is actually Wild World, so being that this is a handheld one as well, I can't wait!

Hey, not sure if this is the right place, but I'm interested in the game but have never played one before. Could somebody tell me a bit about the series before I decide?

Edit: After changing my mind a lot, I'm pretty sure I'm naming my town Skyvale. I was going to use Starfall, but since I plan to run a blog about it and someone is already running a blog with their town named Starfall, I decided I should think of something else. Skyvale sounds nice.

I'm a little jealous of everyone getting the special XL for it, though at the same time I've never been fond of the XL's (DS and 3DS both), so I'm happy with my Legend of Zelda 3DS. I'm not sure how bad the grass degradation is, I wish I knew. This may be the only game I make pathways in, though, so I'm not too worried about it. I'd considered making paths in previous towns but never wanted to make all of them myself. I've found a lot of QR codes for really cute paths, so I think I'm going to give it a try this time. I'm really excited about all of the customization the game has, I have so many plans for my new town!

@Eeveewithwings123; In response to your post - I'm bad at explaining things, especially Animal Crossing, but here's my best try:
The Animal Crossing series as a whole consists of you moving to a town inhabited completely by animals; you are the only human there. You can catch bugs and fish to fill up your town's museum, as well as dig up fossils and purchase paintings for the museum. You can earn money, "Bells," by selling items to the store. You also have to pay off your house. Once you pay off your house, you can start paying to make it bigger. You can buy furniture to decorate your house with, different clothes and accessories for your character, and even make your own designs which can be used for clothing, hats, can be displayed in your house, or to create paths for your town. New Leaf, however, adds many new features: You are now the mayor of your town! You can choose what sort of things to build in the town and where they go. There's a lot of new customization features, as well - for the first time, you can buy shoes and pants! Girl characters are also no longer restricted to dress-like outfits and can also now wear pants. You can go swimming. You can remake existing items to give them your own personal look. And now you can share designs with others very easily, as the game generates QR codes for your designs and you can scan the QR codes of designs made by other people, as well! I'm sure there's more that I could - and should - mention, but I'm not so great at explaining things. Though you could always check out the Animal Crossing Wikia, I suppose. I hope this was some help to you! ^-^

Last edited:
Oh, great thanks. I'll look at the wiki, then decide. I got $80 anyway...

I played the previous AC and I didn't really like it much. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to grow on me. Anyway, i've been made to commit to buying New Leaf by about 7 people on Bulba. I'll be pre-ordering from Game because you get a free figurine thing which is pretty cool. Not sure how i'll take to it but it will be fun interacting with others via it.

New Leaf is going to be my 2nd Animal Crossing game after Wild World, and I already have it pre-ordered at the nearby GameStop. I can't wait. :>

I pre-ordered mine from Game, but didn't get the figurine. I'm guessing I'll get it when I pick the game up. And if I don't, I'll just give them hell. Everybody wins! :-D

I'm assuming this is going to end up being the AC: New Leaf Friend Code Exchange thread once the game actually comes out?

@That Guy; I hadn't even thought of making this a Friend Code Exchange thread, but that sounds like a great idea! ^-^

I wish there had been some sort of pre-order bonus here, but as far as I know, no stores in the US did a bonus... Which stinks, I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced and didn't even pre-order it because of that. Oh well, I shouldn't have any problems picking up a copy on Sunday. I don't think the demand for it where I live will be all that great...

I'll be pre-ordering from Game because you get a free figurine thing which is pretty cool. Not sure how i'll take to it but it will be fun interacting with others via it.

Damn, you guys are getting a free figurine with preorders over there? We aren't getting a damn thing here in the states that I know of. :(

I am beyond excited! I cannot wait to pick up my poptart XD

I'll be pre-ordering from Game because you get a free figurine thing which is pretty cool. Not sure how i'll take to it but it will be fun interacting with others via it.

Damn, you guys are getting a free figurine with preorders over there? We aren't getting a damn thing here in the states that I know of. :(

Really? I thought it was America that did have all the cool pre-order stuff. Anyway, I have no idea who the character is but here is a pic

gm_widget_AnimalCrossing.jpg

I'd rather have the game a week earlier instead of a figurine. Still, we Europeans should be glad we're getting a release within a week of the US release. We should be glad it's in the same century, for that matter :-/

The figurine itself is of the Town Hall and Isabelle, the mayor's (that is, the player's) personal assistant.

For once the release dates don't make a blind bit of difference to me; I'll probably have to wait until my birthday for the XL and thus the game anyway. I'm underwhelmed by the figurine, too, if I am honest, but I still got the thing preordered through Game so I could have it since I've never actually been able to get my own AC merchandise before.

I'm actually excited at the prospect of finally having people to play it with! I struggled to find many people to visit in WW and CF, so hopefully this thread will provide more opportunities.

The figurine you got for pre-ordering is of Isabelle? Definitely no fair, that picture of it looks adorable. Oh well, nothing I can do about it but be jealous. These last few days of waiting are driving me and my friends crazy, but I guess it could be worse. I mean, I shouldn't complain when I know you folks in Europe get it a little later than we do. I'm just naturally an impatient person. xD

Sometime this month or next month - it depends on when I could do it - I was considering maybe having a small little party/gathering in my New Leaf town for those of us in this thread with the game. Would anyone be up for that, or is it a dumb idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom