• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to catch two arapaima yesterday. Reese was paying extra for eels, so I was just doing a lot of river fishing for those, when I found the first one. Later I was just wandering through town when I saw the huge shadow and caught my second (I thought it was gonna be a gar tbh). I also managed to find one of those leafy insects, it was pretending to be a piece of furniture underneath a tree - I thought a villager had shaken a tree and just not picked up the fallen furniture - then when I got near, it turned into a bug and started running away and so I panicked XD I didn't get a photo of that sadly, I do have some of the arapaima and a bunch of other random stuff (like Saharah continuously walking into a wall for about a minute, seriously her programming is borked, she walks into rocks and trees too) which I'll probably post later, because I gotta go out soon.

Kicks opened today, and Dr. Shrunk wants signatures. I can almost taste Comrade K.K.... <3

Shampoodle just opened up in my town. So... I decided to get a haircut from Harriet, and this was my result:

V9geEjR.jpg

You gotta have blue hair people. Now according to Thonky, I have to wait 14 days for me to get a contact lenses from her. Can't wait to get my character with blue eyes.

Well, Kicks and T&T mart is open. It's also raining again, I hope maybe to get another Coelacanth, but doubtful. I wish Shampoodle would open. I have a lot of fruit right now, probably should sell some but I'm trying to keep track of what trees are fruit trees in case I decide to cut some trees down which I might. I have a new villiger today. I'm probably just gonna be trying to get money to pay for my fountain and my home expansion. I'd also really like some hybrid flowers.

I have Cosplay craziness. Currently I'm May, but recently I was Jessie.

I've been making a lot of cosplays on New Leaf, I think I have a slight addiction to it. xD So far I've made ones for Pokemon (with more on the way), Gravity Falls (with more on the way), and Ghost Trick.

In other news, it's July now, so don't forget to get your Spotpass palm-tree lamp! Once in your catalog, extras can be ordered for 4,280 Bells. Image below.
tumblr_mpbqngLqwX1sut3tqo1_400.jpg

The other day, Sly gave me some fruit I had never heard of before as a gift in a letter. I looked it up, and...it's a Persimmon! They can only be found either in the expanded garden store for 1,000 bells, or as a random gift. I planted the one I had and the tree is growing.

I'm guessing they sell for 500 bells like other foreign fruit, as I don't see anything that says anything differently. So maybe by next week (after the first tree grows I'm going to plant the 3 I get) I'll have some to share with everyone! :D

@Araragi Hakase; I found a post that says that persimmons sell for 250 bells, like the other island fruits. Still pretty awesome that you've got 'em, though! I'm missing those and peaches (and bamboo, of course).

Not to brag, but I've got all the fruits except bamboo; today was the second day all four of my persimmon trees bore fruit. A friend gave me one, then I used the three from that first tree, and now I have twelve readily available.

In other words, if anyone needs various exotic fruits, I accept gyroids as legal tender.

Super T&T finally opens tomorrow. Almost to that expanded garden shop...

Has anyone else got the problem of how the map is laid out where there is a section of beach about 9x9 that is inaccessable due to a river blocking it? I keep getting sea shells wash up there and I cant get to them -.-

Has anyone else got the problem of how the map is laid out where there is a section of beach about 9x9 that is inaccessable due to a river blocking it? I keep getting sea shells wash up there and I cant get to them -.-

If you go to the summer island, you should be able to buy a swimsuit when it's available, thus bypassing that problem.

Ahh ok. Think I get that tomorrow IIRC.

This is a lot more laid out than the other games!

tumblr_mpcqyy2Zhq1s5crygo5_400.jpg

tumblr_mpcqyy2Zhq1s5crygo1_400.jpg

It seems I've had an unexpected payoff from working my butt off to lay paths and line them with flowers and carefully proportioned trees: a perfect town! I've never achieved it before and wasn't particularly trying for it this time but apparently in the 18 days since getting this game I have unknowingly stumbled across the right proportion of projects and plants/trees and got my first ever jacob's ladder today alongside a very enthusiastic and happy response from Isabelle (and a brand new flower clock plotted out). If anybody wants to take a peek or something my dream address is 7500-2238-6135.

I think I'm almost done with the actual in-town projects, to be honest - I want to place a few more street lamps but I have benches and fenced areas where I want them and am happy with my new police station rounding off everything else I have. Fingers crossed that the last villager I hope to choose from the campsite won't ruin it with their house placement!

Last edited:
Just thought I would share this since this is a pokemon forum...logos... I couldn't come up with a good town flag design that looked decent so I thought up a method around a way to make a good logo!

Quick and detailed flag design method!
Assuming that you have Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows 2011 SBS, Windows 2011 HS, Windows 2012, Windows 8, Windows 8.1

Each design you can make in animal crossing is 32x32. If you get a logo or an image, put it into paint, Make sure this image takes up all of the paint editing space and so has no white edges.

ehx1qd.png

You will need the circled controls throughout my guide!

Go to resize. Select the Pixels radio button and type in 32 into the height and width. If you want to keep the aspect ration (So it doesn't squash) put in 32 in the box that is the longest. So if your image is taller than it is wide, just put 32 into the vertical box. As long as both numbers are around 32 (not above) it will be ok.

qx44l3.png

The attributes you need to change.

Now use the box select tool to select the 32x32 image you have created and copy it.

Now go to resize again and change the pixels to 32 by 32, unticking keep aspect ratio. You now have a 32x32 workspace to work in. Paste the 32x32 image you just copied back in. If it fits, you have done it properly.

Now go to View on the ribbon menu at the top and select gridlines.

There you have it...a 32x32 flag design. Copy down each pixel as it is now on your screen onto your DS in the flag design.

2nw1oxj.png

One I was working on.

It should look like this, you can use these if you want. Just make sure in Animal Crossing to alter the palette colours to suit the logo. I did it manually as I chose the Galactic Logo.

330zivc.png

Hope this helps!

And waiting for the Planning permit thing to go through -.-

Last edited:
I vote we add Dream Addresses to the main post. I don't really want to flood my 3DS friends list too much, so I don't really want to give out my friend code. But I'll be more than happy to give out my Dream Address if people want to visit my town. My Dream Address is 5600-2191-9722, my player name is Jo and my town is called Hillside.

If you guys don't mind, I'll show a couple of photos I took in the game:

88173.JPG

Nothing beats a tophat and a monocle :)
By the way, that shirt is actually the power suit from Metroid and the boots are based on The Legend of Zelda

88174.JPG

A typical Pinky moment... How in the world can you hate her :)

The next one is a response to the post with Pokémon stuff. I made a QR code for a Pokéball logo if you're interested.
88172.JPG

I ended up restarting a town last week, being new to AC games hadn't realized there were other town stye options till later and I wasn't thrilled with the town layout. So far things are coming along, just kinda wish there was a way to map out where new villagers can put houses...they always seem to pick the spot I have eyed for a project lol.

@Jo The Marten; I think that's a great idea! I'd been considering it for a couple of days. I just added a column for Dream Addresses. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom