• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any good turnip prices? I spent 600 000 on turnips this week and I'm worried that they are going to end up spoiling and giving me a loss :c

I'm wondering the same thing today, actually. I think I missed the one day this week that they were being bought for anything more than I payed. Anybody? Could use the help!

As far as i'm aware, no one has had any luck this week. I bought a load for 100 bells and sold yesterday for 148 each. Not great but at least it's still a profit. I haven't heard about anyone having a big spike. Better look next week I guess. My current price is 92 bells :/

Actually, 92 bells is still better than the loss of 20 bells per turnip I'll be paying if I sell in my town. Any chance I could pay you a visit?

Actually, 92 bells is still better than the loss of 20 bells per turnip I'll be paying if I sell in my town. Any chance I could pay you a visit?

Ok. My friend code is 3179 7164 1981

Is anyone's Re-tail currently buying turnips for more than 97 bells? I'm about to have to pay a huge loss on all the ones I've bought this week and could REALLY use some help, here.

idk if it's just me, but...I've played animal crossing so much recently that playing the game is starting to feel like a chore.. :/

idk if it's just me, but...I've played animal crossing so much recently that playing the game is starting to feel like a chore.. :/

Well, I am playing the game daily for the last two weeks and it already lost part of the charm to me. It is not only you.

Yeah, the novelty wore off by about 80% for me after about a month of playing for a few hours each day, but I expected as much. I always play it for about a month, then I only play it occasionally, and then later on I will have a phase of getting back into it for a week or two. Since I got all the projects I wanted and all the stores opened up, I pretty much lost motivation to play.

Is anyone's Re-tail currently buying turnips for more than 97 bells? I'm about to have to pay a huge loss on all the ones I've bought this week and could REALLY use some help, here.

Seriously, anyone?

I have been skipping days and playing less. I think the novelty wears off after a few weeks but I still play some just to continue unlocking stuff. I have almost all the fruits now, I'm playing more minigames at the island for medals and fruits, Im going to get the museum renovation once I pay it off( another night at the island hunting beetles will probably take care of that) and I expanded my basement in my house, where I probably will store turnips for now. I'm also growing tons of perfect cherries and other fruits and continuously harvest and sell them. It's pretty much all about getting more money/stuff for me now.

Yeah, that's the trouble of Animal Crossing. Once you've done everything there is to do, it's a pretty empty game, unless you're into micro-grooming every detail. (lol but even that has it's limits)

Multi-player is fun though if you can get people on at the same time.

My friends and I put on Tales of the Abyss costumes and don the helmets and spaz out as Abyssmen.

I haven't played mine too much, but my sister has pretty much unlocked everything there is in the game so on the rare occasion I can play and visit, everything's pretty much... done.

Yeah, that's the trouble of Animal Crossing. Once you've done everything there is to do, it's a pretty empty game, unless you're into micro-grooming every detail. (lol but even that has it's limits)

Multi-player is fun though if you can get people on at the same time.

My friends and I put on Tales of the Abyss costumes and don the helmets and spaz out as Abyssmen.

I haven't played mine too much, but my sister has pretty much unlocked everything there is in the game so on the rare occasion I can play and visit, everything's pretty much... done.

That's one of the reasons why I dislike time traveling as a whole. Once you get everything, that's pretty much it..you buy everything without much effort, and end up having nothing to do offline.

Hey, from a time traveler's perspective, let me tell you something. It's still hard. I still wish I could pay off that mortgage. (I swore off beetle catching.) I still can't find that item. I still can't upgrade that shop. I still can't find Gracie. The good points? It's a holiday every day, and a fun one at that. And no Resetti's gonna get at me for time traveling! And what if you missed Festivale? Go back to Festivale!

Also, I've been time traveling and I'm STILL not bored one bit yet!!!! Guess it's because this is my first game? Or because I'm the only player in my copy? Oh well. Either way, sorry if I bothered any of ya. *burrows like Resetti*

I usually have it on throughout the day, I just keep my DS closed when I'm not playing. I've gotten most of the stuff I want in the game but I still feel like my town isn't complete, still lots of projects I want to build, hybrids and planning the outside theme of my homes. I'm also not 100% happy with my current villagers and I still need to do a bit more to my house before i'm completely happy with it. Need to unlock Katrina's in town and get the mart fully upgraded..so yeah, there's still enough to do so that i'm interested. It has lost it's excitement though, but that is to be expected with any game.

I think my Animal Crossing fever is wearing off as well. When I just got it, I would spend the the whole day playing it. Now I play for 3, maybe 4 hours tops. I still want to expand my house, build a park in the the center of my town. Building a park involves getting lots of hybrid flowers and planting trees. Even when I have less things to do, this game keeps me hooked.

On a lighter note, for those who are playing the Stalk Market, turnips are going for 209 bells in my town today if anyone's interested.

I was a huge fan of this game for the first three weeks or so, but now it just feels like an obligation to tend to my villagers' increasingly demanding needs, the weeds, the projects, etc. I actually think this article from IGN well sums up my feelings on the game now after playing it for a good while.

I am trying to play it for the last three days, but I just... can't anymore. Wish I haven't bought the digital version...

I admit that after paying off my entire house and getting most of the big projects, there were a few days when I only played it for a bit to talk to my villagers (I think part of the reason I played so much to begin with was because it was a great way to kill time at work).

I watched a video recently about some tips and tricks, and one of the tricks to getting a villager to move is to create a new character and only introduce yourself, then the villager doesn't feel "needed" by that character and wants to move after a week or so. So, I created a Juni character :>

tumblr_mqxcg2lY7g1qbgiw9o1_400.jpg

Having a different player character kind of does make playing a bit....idk? There isn't as much to do considering the museum is mostly full and it's much easier to make money because my main character already planted lots of fruit trees (but it did take a few days to gain access to the island as the new character), but it's still refreshing because you have fresh relationships with all of the villagers (I've been completely ignoring Pancetti and Sylvia for days in hopes that they'll want to move soon as both characters) and your encyclopedia doesn't transfer over or anything, so there's that. But your secondary character isn't the mayor, they just live there as a villager would, so public works projects can't be suggested to them.

Idk, I've been having fun switching back and forth (and I have a few other friends that have Pokemon characters so we've been running around in each others' towns and taking goofy pictures together and stuff) but it's added at least a little bit of new excitement to the game for me. I have a whole new house to pay off...

95% of the people I've added as friends either aren't playing or when they do they never have they're gate's open. Having nobody to play with majority of the time is one of the reasons why im starting to..stray from acnl..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom