• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the game today. Now moving into Danan Town.

I haaaaate how the series handles resetting the town. It like guilt trips you not to. Very depressing

Although that's better than what I had to deal with. I happened to still have my player active when my 3DS went extremely low battery (flashing red lights). I was away from anywhere I could plug in at the time, and the battery died right in the middle of saving, and my old town's data was corrupted. Being given no choice in the matter is more heartbreaking than any guilt trip the game does when doing it the normal way. At least sometimes, you get animals you really like in your new town regardless of what happens (like Biskit as a starting animal in my new town, Shari moving in two days later (that time travel zombie monkey), and Molly also moving in; yes, I happened to get three of the same animals that Chuggaaconroy got in his LP of this game, and here's another kicker: when Shari wanted to move out, the option that would make her move was, just like Chugga's Shari, "Who are you?")

I'm really liking the island. Going there helped a lot with my museum donations.

I myself have a problem with the island. I think it makes the game easy and quick.

I used to love going to the island back when I needed money to buy things. Now going seems pretty pointless. The only thing I actually need from the island is the whirlpool bath and in all my visits there i've never once seen it so i've kinda given up. No one really plays the game anymore either so tours are boring to go on alone. I'm really ready for a sequel to NL!

As I've just started the game, the island is good to visit.

*blows the dust off of the thread*

Ahem... :I

Anywhooo~ so I still play this game lol and today Merengue asked me to move and despite having her for 2 years in town I think it's time to let her go. Molly moved in from the campsite the other day and I'm clicking a lot better with her than I ever did with Merengue. Don't get me wrong, I love that pink creamy rhino, but the most I could ever love her was when I was pinning for her.

So I'm hoping to find a trade for her, and if not then maybe give her away to a friend who may want her. If I can't find her a new home within 2 days though I'll prolly just keep her til she next asks to move (I time travel a lot so 5 days is more like 1-2hrs for me).

I'm having the same feelings about Whitney (I clicked SO much better with Freya but her house placement was horrible and I also lost her to a time traveling accident). Now I'm just having difficulty finding villagers I'd want to replace these 2 with (well actually 3 because I want Carmen gone too…). I seem to really gravitate towards normal/Uchi/peppy/snooty villagers but having multiples really bored me (at one time I had 3 snooties, 2 crankies, and 2 normals). But I just can't decide who to bring in!! (づ • ﹏ •)づ

Alas, I don't have any emotional attachment to my villagers. They move away anyway, so why should I bother?

I've been playing this game a lot because I just got it two months ago. My house loans are paid off and now I'm focusing on decorating it. I'm trying to get all the spooky furniture this month.

I still have the ten villagers I started with and I'm too attached to let any of them leave. Freya is my favorite and I got her picture a few days ago. Also, I just found out today that if you use the different Shrunk emotions around your villagers, sometimes they do it with you. It's really cute!

Kiki, Gwen, Melba, and Yuka are not allowed to move away. So, who is collecting the spooky furniture?

I actually collected all the Spooky and Creepy furni last year, even the Jack-in-the-boxes and tattered clothing. Oh and the pumpkin heads! :p Halloween is just so much fun in this game ♡ (ฅ́˘ฅ̀)

Welp the few ppl I asked about adopting Merengue all said no for various reasons (╥︣﹏᷅╥᷅) so I ended up telling her to stay and will prolly try again next time she asks. Onward and outward into the future I suppose!

I got all the Spooky furniture in a couple days.

Because StreetPass.

Ba-boom. :D

Wow is this thread old...

Anyways, I've been playing this game, and am on Day Twelve as of now. I don't know when I'll add a Dream Address or open my town up, as I'm still trying to develop my town a bit more. I've yet to get a Blue Rose or Pansy, of which I'm screaming to breed for decorations.

Yes, I'm a late bloomer in the game. Although I'm not sure if I can commit to playing it once Sun and Moon come out.

Don't know if anyone else got this but...after 3 years since the US release, the game is getting amiibo support via free update in December!

What do people think of the update? I think the initiatives and the other features beyond Amiibo uses are quite good... But there is one major issue about it: All the dream addresses have completely reset. That is, the ones of this thread will no longer work, and will need to get new ones if people wish to visit their Dream Towns.

Anyways, I think I got something good going in my town, three weeks in. If anyone wishes to see my progress, here is my Dream Address:

5E00-000F-6094

What do people think of the update? I think the initiatives and the other features beyond Amiibo uses are quite good... But there is one major issue about it: All the dream addresses have completely reset. That is, the ones of this thread will no longer work, and will need to get new ones if people wish to visit their Dream Towns.

Anyways, I think I got something good going in my town, three weeks in. If anyone wishes to see my progress, here is my Dream Address:

5E00-000F-6094
Once upon a time, I used to get tons of StreetPass tags with New Leaf.

Then I downloaded the update.

Now I found out people that have the game but still don't have the update won't be able to StreetPass with update owners.

Now the tag count has dwindled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom