• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Animal cruelty in ORAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit Chan

Team Galactic Grunt
Reaction score
One feature which I don't believe many others have picked up on, is the ability to chase Wingull at the beach.
Of course, this is an emulation of chasing seagulls in real world beaches which actually terrifies them.

Is GameFreak encouraging animal cruelty now?

Last edited:
BOYCOTT ORAS 2K14!

The whole concept of Pokemon is animal cruelty. Get in line kid.

Does playing GTA makes you steal cars and shoot people in real life? I hope not.

Will kids chase after seagulls after playing ORAS? Probably. But they would've done that without playing the game too because it's just a thing kids do.

Also, GameFreak isn't making you chase the seagulls, you can run around them if you don't want to disturb them. As long as they don't give you an achievement or something for it, they aren't encouraging anything, just giving you a possibility.

Guess it would be nice if there was a NPC telling you you shouldn't chase the seagulls because it scares them. On the other hand you also put them in little plastic balls and make them fight against animals that spit fire, so that would be kind of a weird thing to say.

The whole concept of Pokemon is animal cruelty. Get in line kid.
Actually the message from the original games is that Team Rocket who profit from animal cruelty are evil.
And your Pokemon fight for you because you're their friend which is why traded ones disobey because they don't know you.

And there are a lot of impressionable minors who get bad ideas from movies and games along the lines of GTA.

You're telling me that chasing Wingull is animal cruelty but not beating up innocent creatures, stealing them from their habitats, and forcing them to fight for you?

I'm trying to figure out how scaring birds is somehow cruel...

If it stops them Wingull stealing my chips you bet damn right I'm going to chase them off.

One feature which I don't believe many others have picked up on, is the ability to make Pokemon battle each other.
Of course, this is an emulation of cockfighting which actually kills them.

Is GameFreak encouraging animal cruelty now?

I'm closing this thread, discussing animal cruelty has no place in a forum meant to discuss various aspects and features you'd like to see in the upcoming games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom