• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animals, Plants and other Things not already used for Pokémon

Kamex

Reaction score
Many of the Pokémon we know (and probably many future ones) are based on animals. With 4 generations, a lot of animals have been used as a basis for a Pokémon. Some several times.

Do you have any ideas which animals haven't been used (yet)? I couldn't think of many. So, looking for animals that don't have a Pokémon based on them. Post your thoughts.

Actually, throw in plants too.

This thread isn't about new ideas for Pokémon, that one already exists somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Animals, not already used for Pokémon

dolphins havent been used......certain species of animals havent been used but go under at least one pokemon, for example tauros is based off a buffallo but covers bulls, oxen and all those sort of cattle animals

Goat, Dolphin, All kinds of prehistoric sea-reptiles, Electric Eel, Ants, Swordfish, Hammerhead shark, Sawfish, Stingray (Poison evolution for Quilfish?), Moose and probly many other..

Goat, Dolphin, All kinds of prehistoric sea-reptiles, Electric Eel, Ants, Swordfish, Hammerhead shark, Sawfish, Stingray (Poison evolution for Quilfish?), Moose and probly many other..

isnt Mantine a stingray?

i created my own electric eel pokemon

Mantine is based on mobula and eagle rays which are known to jump out of the water and glide slightly, hence why it's also part flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNfHiYBfjlU

Personally I'd like to see a pokemon based on the Siamese fighting fish, just because Water/Fighting sounds like an awesome combination to me.

Last edited:

isnt Mantine a stingray?

i created my own electric eel pokemon

Mantine is based of mantas. They are related to stingrays, but quite far away. Like if a Stingray were a great white, the manta would be a whale shark.

Manta ray:
manta-ray.jpg

Stingray:
Atlantic%20Stingray%20100.jpg

Platypus, Pandas (unless that's snorlax), pretty much spotted/striped cats, water-dwelling dinosaurs (Plesiosaur), manatees, llamas (arceus doesn't count), cockroaches, aye-ayes, bacteria/other microbes, seaweed, daffodils, rollie-polies...
Eh, that's all I can come up with. Feel free to point out any mistakes ^^

Armadillo, dolphin, goat, and most of the things under the sea. There are more than just pretty fishies. :mad:

Also, there are ridiculously large amounts of myths that haven’t been touched on.

I want a dolphin and a panda. Oh, and a llama would be cool. :D

Dolphin, Okapi, and Boa Constrictor, among others.

Platypi, herons, a bunch of myths... There's probably more, but I'm too tired to think of them.

Polar bear, it need to be red and white whit a blue cross.

GUINEA PIG.

SHOW ME THE GUINEA PIG.

I posted this a while ago in another thread, but I think it fits better here anyway.

Here are some of my favourite weird animals that haven't been made into Pokemon yet...

Elephant shrew: Just the right mixture of cute and weird for me.

Macropinna microstoma: It has a transparent dome for a skull. Need I say more?

Yeti crab: Half crustacean, half cryptid.

Artemia salina: Okay, yeah... they're brine shrimp, or sea monkeys. I've always had a soft spot for them. I had a tank of them going for several years a while back...

Manakin bird: There are no words to describe this. Just watch the video.

We need a tiger. Fire Tiger. And no, arcanine is a "dog".

Gamefreak doesn't know the difference between a tiger and a dog. ;_;

im not suer I understand what Game freak's aversion is to making a Dolphin pokemon but i want a Dolphin most of all cause its my favorite animal.
Id also like to see:
Panda bear
Leapord/Cheetah
Toucan
Another type of parrot, thats not Chatot
Beluga whale, we really need more whales, we only have Wailmer/Wailord if you count that but I dont even know what kind of whale its supposed to be. and Kyogre which is obviously an Orca whale. ther are alot of different whales they can pick
Hammerhead Shark- theve been around for like 400 million years they say.
Clownfish, we need Nemo
Another Frog,
There are also alot of myths they probably havent touched on yet.

im not suer I understand what Game freak's aversion is to making a Dolphin pokemon but i want a Dolphin most of all cause its my favorite animal.
Id also like to see:
Panda bear
Leapord/Cheetah
Toucan
Another type of parrot, thats not Chatot
Beluga whale, we really need more whales, we only have Wailmer/Wailord if you count that but I dont even know what kind of whale its supposed to be. and Kyogre which is obviously an Orca whale. ther are alot of different whales they can pick
Hammerhead Shark- theve been around for like 400 million years they say.
Clownfish, we need Nemo
Another Frog,
There are also alot of myths they probably havent touched on yet.

I hear you. I would definitely catch a dolphin Poké if one existed. I did see some fan art depicting a dolphin that would be Lanturn's evo. Right here:

http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/2622337.html

Now, how cool is that? There is one thing, though: a dolphing evolving from an anglerfish? On the other hand, if a fish can evolve into an octopus, then everything is possible. :XD2:

They'll think of it. Eventually. After all, we finally got a zebra, right?

Have we already got a koala bear? If not, we need one. :)

A koala? No, I don't think so. Not really sure, what the heck Munchlax and Snorlax are, but I don't think they're koalas.

Edit: They're bears, but not koalas. Quoting Bulbapedia:

It may be loosely based on hibernating bears or teddy bears. Snorlax and Munchlax may also be a nod to the anime film My Neighbor Totoro. Both Snorlax and the character Totoro share some basic characteristics such as enormous girth, constantly resting, and a furry teddy bear appearance.

I want a koala. Possibly grass type. Or grass/psychic.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom