• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animals, Plants and other Things not already used for Pokémon

Re: Animals, not already used for Pokémon

I'M STILL WAITING FOR A NARWHAL.

Panda
Dolphin A DOLPHIN POKEMON WOULD PWN
platipus
Polarbear we have a bear. why not a Polar bear?
Elephant

Mammoth
Saber Tooth Tiger
Triceratops
Stegasauros

Ideas for fossil pokemon

I posted this a while ago in another thread, but I think it fits better here anyway.

Here are some of my favourite weird animals that haven't been made into Pokemon yet...

Elephant shrew: Just the right mixture of cute and weird for me.

Macropinna microstoma: It has a transparent dome for a skull. Need I say more?

Yeti crab: Half crustacean, half cryptid.

Artemia salina: Okay, yeah... they're brine shrimp, or sea monkeys. I've always had a soft spot for them. I had a tank of them going for several years a while back...

Manakin bird: There are no words to describe this. Just watch the video.

All of them are pretty epic, if you ask me, specially the fish.

We desperately need:
Narwhal
Panda
Platypus
Dolphin
Komodo Dragon

Once these are satisfied we can move on to the silly requests for MORE birds and fish.

Jello I say Polar Bear
800px-Swimming_Polar_Bear_2.jpg

Part: Water/Ice that would be so cool literary:cool:

I would love to see a Fighting Type kangaroo (not the abomination that Kangaskhan was lol) and a Stantler evo that's a moose. I think a bug-type Misquito should be brought in since Misquitos are so common. I don't think there has been a Triceratops pokemon yet, but i think that would make a cool fossil. And as the post above says, I seriously want a polar bear. BAD! Ice type Ursaring FTW!

We desperately need:
Narwhal
Panda
Platypus
Dolphin
Komodo Dragon

Once these are satisfied we can move on to the silly requests for MORE birds and fish.

seeing as they made a balloon pokemon theres no reason why they cant do a panda or a narwhal, but my fear is the a komodo dragon may look to similiar to other dragons

It'd be awesome to see a Pokemon based off a Kiwi(I mean the bird, not the fruit, lol).

I'd say Kangaroos too, but I assume Kangaskhan is based off that, right?

Last edited:

I would like to see some more carnivorous plants in Pokemon, with moves which will give Bugs and Flying types trouble, because it's their nature right?

Well, some of the carnivorous plants besides Carnivine and Victreebel's family I had in mind would be based on the cape sundew, which is a sticky plant that makes bugs stick on it and consume them as they could only wait for their impending doom. Another carnivorous plant I had in mind is the Waterwheel plant. I heard that it works like a Venus fly trap in water, but I am not so sure about this one.

And yes, now the animals. More marsupials would be great for biodiversity, but seeing as Isshu is not going to be based on Australia, it will have to wait. Yes, I would like to see koalas (mentioned), wombats, Tasmanian devils and kiwi birds.

Mantine is based on mobula and eagle rays which are known to jump out of the water and glide slightly, hence why it's also part flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNfHiYBfjlU

Personally I'd like to see a pokemon based on the Siamese fighting fish, just because Water/Fighting sounds like an awesome combination to me.

Well get yourself a Poliwrath!!!

um... lion, tiger (if you don't count arcanine), beetles, birds of prey?... scorpion (if you don't count gligar/gliscor), so many insects, armordillo (shandshrew?)... fish of all sorts, squirrle, worm,... and the list goes on...

If I'm correct, a Gorrila (Apoim and Ambipom are monkey's, Gorilla's are different species) Pokemon has not yet been made.
Nor has a Mocking bird, or a Woodpecker..

Do we have eagles or condors yet?

Or lynxes and jaguars?

Or actual wolves, not fierce-looking dogs?

Maybe a coyote or a jackal?

An actual deer, instead of reindeer?

A mosquito or a fly?

A real duck, instead of a platypus thing?

...and from myths, Quetzalcoatl definitely :XD2:

I hear you. I would definitely catch a dolphin Poké if one existed. I did see some fan art depicting a dolphin that would be Lanturn's evo. Right here:

http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/2622337.html

Now, how cool is that? There is one thing, though: a dolphing evolving from an anglerfish? On the other hand, if a fish can evolve into an octopus, then everything is possible. :XD2:

They'll think of it. Eventually. After all, we finally got a zebra, right?
i know im very excited to catch Shimama i love him he looks cool.

327Spinda.png
This is Spinda. Spinda says please stop neglecting him. Spinda is based on a panda. Yes, there is only one panda. Yes, there are over 4,000,000,000 different Spinda variations. Suddenly it isn't 'just Spinda'.

Poor Spinda.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom