• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animals, Plants and other Things not already used for Pokémon

Re: Animals, not already used for Pokémon

2. Normal/Ice Pine Marten. Would be cool & adorable. :3

Pine%20marten%20on%20branch%20(side%20view).jpg

'Nuff said.

I want one of these. Furret may look somewhat similar, but it's not similar enough. Would make a nice and original early normal type. Even if it only gains the secondary type upon evolution, like Bidoof's line. Only problem would be the terrible weakness Ice brings without covering any...the only resistance it adds is to Ice itself.

I'm going to try and restrain myself from saying something nasty in fury.

Although that's true, the majority of cat Pokemon are early and generally weak, they ought to make some more powerful ones (big cats). Luxray and Absol, Mew if you consider it one, are pretty much the only decent ones. They should make it more balanced like the dog Pokemon- Arcanine and Houndoom are pretty damn good.

I like the snow leopard idea.

:lol: Don't misinterpret me, I love felines... it's just I don't imagine a 40-cm kitten surpassing the power of an enormous dog.

But it's true there are few big felines.

yeah sure, we already have a lot of doggy pokemon, but am I the only one who would love to catch a husky based one? it'd be pure ice first, and when it evolves it would be fighting/ice...

AWESOME!:yahoo:
Yeah! Also, Husky look a lot like wolves, and there's not a wolf Pokémon. That could be a theme for a branch evolution.

A splendid fairywren - its a real thing!! it a sparrow-like bird that has electric blue feathers, except females only have blue tails. id love to see a fariywren pokemon, they're one of my favourite animals :3

I want one of these. Furret may look somewhat similar, but it's not similar enough. Would make a nice and original early normal type. Even if it only gains the secondary type upon evolution, like Bidoof's line. Only problem would be the terrible weakness Ice brings without covering any...the only resistance it adds is to Ice itself.

ZOMG YOU SOOOO RIGHT!! ferrets one of the cutest, yet most savage animals. they're also really quick, i really like this idea. ALSO ... :idea: what about a honeybadger, they would have really high attacks, for sure!!

HONEYBADGER!!! :O

i wouldnt want them to be electric types though, their are too many stripy electric pokemon ...

Last edited by a moderator:

That's true. Ice typing has its downsides, such as the weaknesses it brings. But for the novelty of the dual typing, I would enjoy it either way. :p

ALSO ... :idea: what about a honeybadger, they would have really high attacks, for sure!!

HONEYBADGER!!! :O

i wouldnt want them to be electric types though, their are too many stripy electric pokemon ...

I forgot to mention a honey badger. I looooove this animal. Ground typing would be PERFECT for a honey badger. Or Ground/Poison. ^__^ Honey Badgers are so interesting and very smart.

Doduo and Dodrio are based on Ostriches and Emus.
Although they resemble Kiwi, they probably weren't based on it.

I'd genuinely love to see a velociraptor Pokemon. It'd make a great Dragon/Poison type, maybe even as a legendary in gen VI
Just because, velociraptors are awesome

A Dingo. And its typing should has to be Normal/Ground

I'd genuinely love to see a velociraptor Pokemon. It'd make a great Dragon/Poison type, maybe even as a legendary in gen VI
Just because, velociraptors are awesome

Yes! I agree, a velociraptor Pokémon would be incredible.

Imagine if they made a sponge Pokémon (they're in the animal kingdom).

Yes! I agree, a velociraptor Pokémon would be incredible.

Imagine if they made a sponge Pokémon (they're in the animal kingdom).

Anyway Being in animal kingdom is not mandatory, since there are plants, fungus and even mineral Pokémon.

+1 to sponges and velociraptors.

EDIT: What about a Tasmanian devil?

Last edited:

Hi, I'm named after a duck, but I'm in the Ground egg group with most mammals and not in the Bird group.

054Psyduck.png

Do you know what other birds fall in the Ground Egg Group and not the Flying Group?
150px-255Torchic.png
180px-256Combusken.png
150px-257Blaziken.png

110px-393Piplup.png
170px-394Prinplup.png
210px-395Empoleon.png

They are mammals, no? Actually, if you didn't check yet, the Flying Egg Group is normally for Flying Pokemon, and not necessarily birds, so you can see some odd choices like Crobat, Swoobat and Aerodactyl. Also, the Ground Egg Group isn't all mammals. It also contains reptiles (Arbok, Seviper, Serperior) and birds that doesn't fly (Doduo and Dodrio being the exception, but they still "fly").

Speaking of birds that doesn't fly, it would be nice to see a kakapo being a Pokemon. These are flightless parrots, and so, I can see it falling in the same Egg Groups as Swoobat and Farfetch'd. Besides, they are very adorable!

Thanks for reading.

I would like to see a Pokemon based on a Dimetrodon.

images

I'm just thinking now that a Dimetrodon and a Velociraptor would make great fossil Pokemon after seeing the above posts. Anyway, I'd like to see ligers, peacocks, flamingos, a noncontrovercial platypus, a porcupine, a dolphin that evolves into a Narwhal, a koala, giant panda, and most importantly, an opossum. (For any who don't know what an opossum is, look at my avatar.)

i'd like to see peacock and porcupine pokemon too - that'll be pretty cool, peacock = psychic/flying, porcupine = steel(steel spines :O)

i'd also like to see a striated pardalote - it's an awesome, multicoloured bird like a sparrow, it should be electric/flying - NO!! a sparrow-like pokemon that changes into different pardalotes depednig upon the weather or something - that'd be MAJESTIC ...

i want my Griffin pokemon gosh darmit! D:< they could literally be any combo of types, and if paired with the levitate ability, heck, they wouldn't even need to be classed as flying.
cb-griffin1.gif

04_Griffin_Texture.jpg

Edit: (as examples i made some of my own, Male and Female versions)
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Wolves are LONG overdue.
Dolphins as well.
Personally I'd love to see either and would buy a Pokemon game based solely on if it had a graceful/regal looking wolf Pokemon. (Wolf lover..eh whatya gonna do?) I have tried contacting The Pokemon Company..but no reply back yet.

Dodrio and Doduo are kiwi birds already.

I mean...look at it and then look at Doduo/Dodrio.

At first I thought that.

But then I realised that doduo and dodrio have long necks.

As much as I would love to have a kiwi pokemon (I am a kiwi, after all), I think that Doduo/Dodrio is/are ostriches, etc...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom