• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animals, Plants and other Things not already used for Pokémon

Re: Animals, not already used for Pokémon

i know psyduck even has duck in the name, but isn't it loosely based off a platypus?

I like Psyduck and all, but that's a FILTHY LIE.

It's pretty obviously a duck. Platypi have beaver-like tails, for one, and would probably have an second type because of how they live and hunt. Also, GIANT SPIKES OF TOXIC PAIN on the males.

Tamandua.

I want a tamandua pokémon. They're just too cute! <3

There's a bunch of monkeys that GF ignores. Also, tapirs and rhinos. Why there's none of those guys????

I think a Gila Monster Pokemon would be nice!

I would like to see some more carnivorous plants in Pokemon, with moves which will give Bugs and Flying types trouble, because it's their nature right?

Well, some of the carnivorous plants besides Carnivine and Victreebel's family I had in mind would be based on the cape sundew, which is a sticky plant that makes bugs stick on it and consume them as they could only wait for their impending doom. Another carnivorous plant I had in mind is the Waterwheel plant. I heard that it works like a Venus fly trap in water, but I am not so sure about this one.

And yes, now the animals. More marsupials would be great for biodiversity, but seeing as Isshu is not going to be based on Australia, it will have to wait. Yes, I would like to see koalas (mentioned), wombats, Tasmanian devils and kiwi birds.

Kiwi's are from New Zealand, not australia!
But Doduo looks like a kiwi to me!
But a moa-based pogeyman would be cool!

Psyduck and Golduck are ducks, hense having the word duck in their names and having no beaver tail. Plus, if they were based off of a Platypus, then they should know the move Milk Drink because Platypi sweat milk.

Snorelax and Munchlax are not based off any animals, but a state of mind. They are based off Gluttony, which is basically eating a whole lot. The same kind of goes for Slakoth, it is based off a sloth but the name means to slack off.

Spinda is a panda, just reconfirming.

Polywraith is based off of a Japanese fighting fish.

Mightyena is mostly based off a wolf with some hyena thrown in for taste.

Masqurian (evolved form of Surskit) is based off of a damesfly.

Doduo is based off of a Dodo and the fact that it has two heades, combined. the DO from Dodo and the DUO from the two heads gives us Doduo! And the same goes with Dodrio. Take the DOD from Dodo and the RIO from Trio (for having three heads) and that gives us Dodrio!

Huntail has the design of an electric eel but not the same concept. Same goes for Gorebyss and the swordfish, based off of one but not the same concept.

Sandshrew is based off of a type of Armidilo, I believe an article was done on it in Learning the Origins.

Donphan and Phanphy are based loosely of off Elephants, they were shrunk down to size though, just like Girafarig.

You guys want a Narwhal? Well then get a Rapidash and a Walrein, rip the horn off of the Rapidash, and glue it on to the Walrein, simple as that!

I do agree though, a Dolphin is long overdue!

Squid/Cuttlefish!
Centipede.
Grasshopper.
Lamprey. :U
Goose/swan/flamingo.
Salamander/newt.
Hedgehog.
Koala.
Possum.
Anteater.
Llama/alpaca.
Goat/ram/sheep.
Elk.
Antelope.

hagfish!
lemur!
potto!
ocelots!
bushbaby!
tarsier!

The same kind of goes for Slakoth, it is based off a sloth but the name means to slack off.

Actually, it's totally a combination of slack and sloth.

Mightyena is mostly based off a wolf with some hyena thrown in for taste.

Mightyena is mostly based off a striped hyena with some wolf thrown in for taste. [/QUOTE]

Spiffee said:
Goat/ram/sheep

Mareep, Flaaffy and Ampharos.

Not a real animal, but a Hodag would be cool.
hodag.jpg

Wow no one has said swordfish!

Some aussie animals would be nice & a panda

I'd like to add some bug types

Mosquito
Horsefy
Flea
Tick

They're pests in the real world (especially ticks) so why aren't they pests in the pokemon world too?

Mareep, Flaaffy and Ampharos.

ah crap I forgot about them.

But I was thinking of more "ram/mountain goat" than sheep. You know, the ones with horns.

I would love to see a Fighting Type kangaroo (not the abomination that Kangaskhan was lol) and a Stantler evo that's a moose. I think a bug-type Misquito should be brought in since Misquitos are so common. I don't think there has been a Triceratops pokemon yet, but i think that would make a cool fossil. And as the post above says, I seriously want a polar bear. BAD! Ice type Ursaring FTW!

Rhyperior, Lairon, Aggron and Bastiodon, all of them would like to have a word with you.

Well after reading through the "Origin of Species" series on Bulbapedia, I think more animals/creatures based on myths/legends would be a favorite of mine.

Perhaps the Chupacabra and Bigfoot?

Well after reading through the "Origin of Species" series on Bulbapedia, I think more animals/creatures based on myths/legends would be a favorite of mine.

Perhaps the Chupacabra and Bigfoot?
That would be scary, but yes. I don't think we have a Chupacabra yet... maybe a counter Poke for Arceus, the goat thing? :XD2: (well, llama thing, sorry)

On the myths and legends front, I repeat that I want my Quetzalcoatl.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom