• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

animanga that made you cry?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
getsuyoubi no tomodachi made me cry, especially mizutani's breakdown in the first chapter. the whole manga is about anxieties that come with going through puberty and feeling like you're not mature enough to relate to other people, which really spoke to me.

Don't laugh but...A Little Snow Fairy Sugar. It's a cute little series about fairies, but it's also about a little girl whose mother died, and the girl is trying to save up to buy her mother's piano. And when the piano is sold to the local mean girl and our heroine finds out, oh god my heart. And that was a major turning point for the local mean girl, who had no idea who the piano had belonged to or what it meant to the heroine. She just knew it was a piano in a local shop window, so she breaks down too, shouting "I didn't know! I DIDN'T KNOW!" and it's very moving.

The Mermaid Princess (Ningyo Hime) was my favorite as a child. I love the original story by HC Andersen more than the Disney version.

Ano hana is also beautiful with the theme of nostalgia and grief.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom