• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animated Isshu/Unova in Relation to America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know. You didn't have to be rude you said, Aloe had dark skin that made it apparent she was obviously African American. I replied saying AA children usually have lighter skin then adults.

So you're saying Lenora was brown then darkened to black? Wow, what a drastic change in color. :eek:

Did you even read my post? I provided some few indicators in Iris that made me thing she was AA. Ok, I'll break it down for you.

1.Unova is based on America so we see more African-American people here then in previous generations.
2.Iris is a typical American name making me think she's African-American.
3.Her hair reminds me of a steretypical African-American little girl's hair.
4.Her Skin Tone is dark enough that I consider her along with the other things mention to be African-American.

1. And we see other races here also. You're coming off as close-minded by saying she just had to be African American.
2. What does Iris being a typical American name have anything at all to do with her race? A white person can be named Iris. A Hispanic person can be named Iris. An Asian person can be named Iris. The name doesn't affect anything to do with her physical characteristics, nor does it push the fact that she is so obviously black.
3. I still don't get this point but "sure."
4. Yeah, I definitely agree. When I see a person with brown skin, I'm gonna assume they're black too.

I explained to you using Karita my reasoning once again.
Okay.

You kinda contradict yourself saying you think Aloe is AA based off looks, but critcize me for it by thinking it about Iris ya know :p
Yep, I sure do. You know, I think Lenora might actually be just a really dark Asian. I have a whole new change of heart, thanks to you.

Okay, that's enough. Don't derail the thread. Can't we just agree that the Unova region attempts to be a bit more ethnically diverse than other regions regardless of the race?

1.Unova is based on America so we see more African-American people here then in previous generations.
2.Iris is a typical American name making me think she's African-American.
3.Her hair reminds me of a steretypical African-American little girl's hair.
4.Her Skin Tone is dark enough that I consider her along with the other things mention to be African-American.

So just because she has a dark skin colour, she's automatically black? She looks more East Indian (South Asian) or Hispanic in my opinion in regards of her facial appearances in comparison to Lenora or the Elite 4 member.

Anyways, Unova does have a lot of symbolic representations like the areas, the bridge positions (like crossing to New York/Castelia City). Also the Pokemon themselves are based on creatures found in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom