• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Christmas break?

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
Sorry for starting a new topic but I didn't know where else to post this:

I was just wondering if there was a new episode this week or not?
Do you know if there's a break in the US at the moment and if so, how long it will be ?Has a new ep aired in the UK?

The first season of the XY series ended with "Bonnie for the Defense!" episode, there's no info when the 2nd season is going to premiere but my guess is February 2015?

@ Pokemaster, I just posted above you that Bonnie for the Defense was the season finale, it's already confirmed Cartoon Network December 2014 Premiere Info

There is usually a break after the end of a season.

Yes, I'm aware that it was the finale, I was just trying to reiterate that there was no new episode this week since that's what Queen Cynthia asked in the OP.

Eh, they do this every year.

I'd just like to know what they'll do after the Holidays. Last year they gave us a real treat with the trilogy of how Ash got the Kanto starters (MMMM...nostalgia! :p). I wonder if they'll do something like that again of just repeats of the start of XY (which is looking most likely)

Last edited:
Eh, they do this every year.

I'd just like to know what they'll do after the Holidays. Last year they gave us a real treat with the trilogy of how Ash got the Kanto starters (MMMM...nostalgia! :p). I wonder if they'll do something like that again of just repeats of the start of XY (which is looking most likely)

Repeats of previous XY episodes most likely.

The first season of the XY series ended with "Bonnie for the Defense!" episode, there's no info when the 2nd season is going to premiere but my guess is February 2015?

Surely they wouldn't make us wait two months

Surely they wouldn't make us wait two months

I honestly couldn't see why unless they really want there to be a bigger gap between the Raw and the dub.

It's odd how some seasons start the week after the last season, but other times, we have to wait. This inconsistency is not only weird, but makes it difficult to know when the next season will air.

When the dub starts it then goes and airs every week until it stops in December, you're just getting the gap in one chunk over December/January rather than random weeks during the year. The dub aired more episodes than there were new ones in Japan - 48 to 43.

If it's another 48 episode season, so trying to get 4 weeks off a year, that'd mean returning on the 24th January.

When the dub starts it then goes and airs every week until it stops in December, you're just getting the gap in one chunk over December/January rather than random weeks during the year. The dub aired more episodes than there were new ones in Japan - 48 to 43.

If it's another 48 episode season, so trying to get 4 weeks off a year, that'd mean returning on the 24th January.

Pretty much this.

The real question is when will we get Mega Evo Act II and the Klefki short. the former should air on CN (maybe during this January gap before S18 inevitably starts in February) while the latter is likely to be on Pokémon TV and I expected the to have it there around Christmas time but nope...
I'd also kind of want them to collect the mega evo corner segments and dub them as some sort of special to put on Pokémon TV or the official youtube channel, but that's probably not happening... a shame, since I feel like dub-only viewers are really missing something there, even these scenes are extremely short.

^ I'm pretty sure we'll get Part 2 of the Strongest Mega-Evolution. They dubbed Part 1, so they pretty much have to the other parts. Especially if or when they tie into the TV Show.

As you said, the Klefki short, like most Pikachu Shorts, will likely end up dubbed on the website.

Sadly, I HIGHLY doubt we'll see Manon's Mega-Evo Guide :-(. If they don't want to dub Oak's Lectures/Livecasters, they won't dub these. The sad part is that this the most I think we'll probably see of some these Mega-Evos animated...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom