• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime concepts that were thankfully removed

GOOD LORD ALMIGHTY THE DAMN SHOW JUST STARTED. Avoid n' what way? If BW is avoidin' old stuff how come Pikachu still know Volt Tackle n those other attacks? Or those Soothe Bells n the wall? What bout' the Orchird-Hakase lectures? SHOULDNT Pikachu look like this
tumblr_l1b1bald8E1qztxsh.jpg

pikachu-1zcp1gl.jpg
Stead of lookin' like he went on Slimfast?

If Pikachu can do it then so can I!!!

one: Hey a Kingdom Hearts fan! *in TeamFourStar King Kai voice* Awesome.

two: you guys are weird. I like that. I'm weird too.

three: I bet Team Rocket actually recruits people into their organization right near the Police Station in towns. Like college recruitment places, only with Team Rocket. They just have Team Rocket emblazoned in big letters on the building.

"Hey you look like a good trainer! Wanna join Team Rocket, the most badass criminal organization ever?"

meanwhile....

Officer Jenny, standing in the Police station: "I'm never going to find out where Team Rocket is recruiting new members."

It's like Nugget Bridge, but more embarassing.

Last edited:
Or her who I heard was a gym leader from a old region?

actually, given how back in Jouto, they couldn't properly adapt her game personality worth shit (and put more focus on her damn COTD-like assistant), they may as well just be two completely separate entities.

-a pokémon hitted with an One hit KO move and not fainting
-Electric-type effects ground-type
-real life fruit appearing (I know, berries was only introduced in Gen III)
-Pokémon learning moves that they don't can

You're a Serperior, you can't dance in a Pokemon Musical because you have no left feet. :) *hugs own feet*

Touché, Touché my friend...
actually, i didn't even think of that in the first place...
its just that, they're not that fun, again, neither were contests in DPPt IMO...

I don't mind seeing Pokemon learning moves they can't learn in the games. I mean, simply because time and time again the anime characters have said that no one can truly and fully understand the nature of Pokemon (i.e Bulbasaur learning Dig to save its life).

it dug a hole in the ground, how nice. Now let's see the little plant elemental try to breathe fire and ice.... not so easily justifiable, now is it? Game-wise, that's only gonna occur should you teach the thing Mimic (for most Pokemon, only capable with the 3rd generation move tutors), and even that's bound by whatever opponent the Pokemon currently faces.

We didn't need to sit through a third coordinator girl.

^^ we didn't even need a Second one IMO...

looking back, the Diamond/Pearl group really does seem like the worst grouping in the meta-series so far (this coming from somebody who didn't particularly enjoy the original trio and really found them to grow stale when they came back in Jouto). Not only was the group so fucking forced (what with Hikari being well-suited to travel alone and teaming up with companions just for the hell of it, as well as the half-assed treatment of Takeshi), but as I was saying as AG ended, it really seemed completely unnecessary to replace one well-established female character with ANOTHER female character doing the exact same thing, even if it was being done for advertisement purposes (but really, it's not as if they suddenly dumped Satoshi for Kenta once GS started). You could say it was just a complete repeat of the group that came before it, only without the Masato.

How about Ash always losing the league?

Oh wait, we STILL haven't broken free of that yet. What a damn shame, since Sinnoh would have been the perfect time to.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom