• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime director Yoshikazu Miyao posted he's working in a new Pokémon Project with OLM

Here's a translation of his tweet from DeepL until someone who actually knows Japanese can provide one but it does not seem to say much. Emoticons removed by myself.
"Thank you for everything

I can't say many things about
Pokemon.
I'm participating in a new project
I'm participating in the design...

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Also, it's irregular.
They still work for me.
And the director's royalties from Inaile.
Thank you very much .
OLM, you're a god."

It seems he worked on Pokémon films in the past but not the series so it might be a new film?

@lisianthus
Call it a defense mechanism against past disappointments, haha!

But seriously, my money says that OLM will find a way to keep Ash and Pikachu around, no matter how much or little sense it might make narratively (“Pokémon Master? What’s that!?”). To adapt a phrase from something else Nintendo: “they print money” (and keep Pokémon’s name in pop culture relevance, if Twitter assuming that it’ll even exist as we know it within the next three years, oof and other social media sites are any reliable barometer of that).

That said, my heart still says Pokémon Adventures anime /jk… /nr?

Here's a translation of his tweet from DeepL until someone who actually knows Japanese can provide one but it does not seem to say much. Emoticons removed by myself.
"Thank you for everything

I can't say many things about
Pokemon.
I'm participating in a new project
I'm participating in the design...

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Also, it's irregular.
They still work for me.
And the director's royalties from Inaile.
Thank you very much .
OLM, you're a god."

It seems he worked on Pokémon films in the past but not the series so it might be a new film?

For the part relevant to Pokemon, it's something like:

Thanks for everything. There's a lot I can't say about it, but I'm working on the design/in design of a new Pokemon project.

The other half says something about getting a director credit on Inazuma Eleven and calling OLM a great company.

The mention of OLM suggests they're the studio producing the project, but whether it's the mainline anime, a new feature film, or a special is unclear.

Either main series related, a feature film or another side project similar to Generations and Evolutions which OLM worked on.

I'm most likely wrong as usual...but I'm thinking AU special or shorts. :unsure: (probably just some cool promo shorts for SV featuring things the Show won't even bother with)

Also, Mr. Miyao has SOME experience with Pokemon animatons having storyboarded and helped design and produce movies 8, 9, 12, 14, 17, 20, 21, and 23.

Though it's his non-Pokemon work (Inazuma Eleven, Tekken: Bloodline, and Magi) that has my attention. One has to wonder what someone who worked on stuff like that could bring to the table...

Last edited:
I do hope that this is the first signs of a new series for Scarlet and Violet. It wouldn't be a stretch for it to be something else, especially when hinting at a new special or series for shorts would make sense, but I just want to see them announce a new main series. Ash and Pikachu are definitely going to stick around.

And just hope they don't discard Ash being World Champion like they did him being Champ of Alola...<_<
They didn't do that though. While it took them about seventy episodes to bring up Ash as the Alola League Champion, the first shot of Ash's bedroom at the start of Journeys showed his trophy. Not bringing it up isn't the same thing as discarding it.

They didn't do that though. While it took them about seventy episodes to bring up Ash as the Alola League Champion, the first shot of Ash's bedroom at the start of Journeys showed his trophy. Not bringing it up isn't the same thing as discarding it.
Wasn't he also introduced during the Masters 8 tournament as Alola's first Champion.

This thread title is misleading; Mr. Miyao never indicated he was working on a "series." Whatever project he's working on could be a new TV series, but it could also be a series of Internet shorts, or a movie, or something completely different.
Given the image of the S/V game cartridges in the tweet, seems likely it's something related to Gen IX, and the most likely anime thing for this generation is the main series.

This thread title is misleading; Mr. Miyao never indicated he was working on a "series." Whatever project he's working on could be a new TV series, but it could also be a series of Internet shorts, or a movie, or something completely different.
And it looks like it is most likely going to be some more internet shorts.

And it looks like it is most likely going to be some more internet shorts.

Please tell me they aren't going to use Paldea elements in some shorts more than in the Show like with poor Galar and Hisui...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom