• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime director Yoshikazu Miyao posted he's working in a new Pokémon Project with OLM

Given the image of the S/V game cartridges in the tweet, seems likely it's something related to Gen IX, and the most likely anime thing for this generation is the main series.

Sure, it's likely. But giving the thread the title "Yoshikazu Miyao posted he's working on a new Pokémon series" is misleading because, well, that's not what he posted at all. He posted that he's working on a new Pokémon PROJECT

This is from OLM who's only done those shorts and had never been involved with the main anime yet. So yes, this might be the case.
What are you talking about? OLM has been involved with the main since the beginning. They had no involvement in twilight wings or Hisuian snow though.

This is from OLM who's only done those shorts and had never been involved with the main anime yet. So yes, this might be the case.
Incorrect.

They have been involved since Day 1. If I'm not mistaken, OLM Team Kato is currently producing the main anime series. Twilight Wings was Studio Colorido and Hisuian Snow was WIT Studio. You really need to do some more research before throwing out random statements with no evidence to back it up.

Last edited:
Dude, OLM's been the animation studio all along!

Though I HAVE been wondering if TPC is thinking of a new studio with all the trouble they've been having lately. The fact they've had other studios work on various side projects feels like a yellow (not quite a red one) flag...<_<

Either way, while its not out of the question that what he's working on could be a movie, it is highly likely it is an SV series. The image attached does imply whatever this is, its Scarlet and Violet related. I'm more inclined to believe its an SV series because they've been stepping away from movies set in the main anime canon and they've recently begun turning to other studios for the smaller animated shorts more often.

Sure, it's likely. But giving the thread the title "Yoshikazu Miyao posted he's working on a new Pokémon series" is misleading because, well, that's not what he posted at all. He posted that he's working on a new Pokémon PROJECT
Thanks for pointing it out. I posted it in the hype and didn't notice it didn't confirm what kind of project it is going to be.

Yoshikazu Miyao deleted the tweet. Guess they weren't supposed to say anything yet.
mMx4N72.png

Why not? Ash has been reset multiple times before by simply having him start over with a new team.
He's simply evolved so much as a character for that to make sense. They've thrown the established formula right out the window with Journeys. I believe that if the writers wanted to continue with the old formula Journeys would never have been made and instead they would have made a Galar-centric saga instead.

He's simply evolved so much as a character for that to make sense. They've thrown the established formula right out the window with Journeys. I believe that if the writers wanted to continue with the old formula Journeys would never have been made and instead they would have made a Galar-centric saga instead.
Journeys was exception to the usual formula because the series wanted to celebrate having existed for 25 years.

Based on this person's history of work on the Pokemon movies, I wouldn't be shocked if it's a gen 9 centered movie starring Ash and Pikachu

A trainer is only so strong as his Pokemon. They can sideline Pikachu easily for the earlier battles, then put him in against the more experienced trainers.

Yoshikazu Miyao deleted the tweet. Guess they weren't supposed to say anything yet.
mMx4N72.png
I'm not too surprised. Hinting at a new project was pretty unusual and I don't know if making the tweet was a violation of a NDA. Hopefully we'll get some kind of confirmation of what the project is soon.

Despite Ash's accomplishments in Journeys, I wouldn't say that he's evolved so much as a character. He's able to defeat Champion level trainers, which is impressive, but I wouldn't really say he went through significant character development during the series. It also doesn't mean that every Pokemon he catches in the future will be instantly strong enough to take down Champions. Resetting Ash wouldn't necessarily mean they'd have to pull another Pikachu vs. Snivy. He can just use inexperienced Pokemon against trainers with stronger Pokemon.

It's also hard to say that they've permanently gotten rid of the established formula based on this series when it's clearly more of an exception. Even SM still focused on Alola and adapted the Island Challenge, even if it was poorly done, so Journeys is the only series thus far where they didn't adapt the Gym quest or the stand in for Gyms in the case for SM. It is still possible for them to do something different in the next series instead, but I don't think that the existence of Journeys means that they'll never do another Gym quest or focus on a specific region again.

That's simply fan speculation. No one who actively works on the anime has ever said that.
While it's true that they never described Journeys as an anniversary series, at last as far as I know, it's also pretty likely that was the case. That's most likely a big reason why they went for the world tour format. It allowed for them to showcase Pokemon and locations from every generation, it especially made it easier for them to include more returning characters from previous series and the finale to Ash vs. Leon included cameos from all of the traveling companions and all of Ash's Pokemon. I don't know if they'd really need to flat out say that Journeys is an anniversary series for it to be confirmed when the evidence in the show speaks for itself.

It's also hard to say that they've permanently gotten rid of the established formula based on this series when it's clearly more of an exception. Even SM still focused on Alola and adapted the Island Challenge, even if it was poorly done, so Journeys is the only series thus far where they didn't adapt the Gym quest or the stand in for Gyms in the case for SM. It is still possible for them to do something different in the next series instead, but I don't think that the existence of Journeys means that they'll never do another Gym quest or focus on a specific region again.
I believe that the established formula isn't gone, just that they would have to either hard reboot Ash or have a new protagonist.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom