• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Anime Dub News

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Wanted to start up a news thread related to anime dubs in case anyone is interested in what's coming their way and who's been casted.

View: https://twitter.com/jrpictures/status/1215149518171230208?s=21

Beastars is getting what appears to be a union dub on Netflix courtesy of Spliced Bread Productions on the SAG-AFTRA website as is Season 2 of High Score Girl.

In terms of High Score Girl I have to wonder if it's the video game characters that's causing them to go union so that they can get their video game actors back. It's worth pointing out that with Season 1 many of the Street Fighter characters got new English voices even though their Japanese actors came back (Lucien Dodge played two characters for example).

View: https://twitter.com/yonkouprod/status/1215691436848373765?s=21

Last edited:
The second My Hero Academia film Heroes Rising will be seeing a theatrical release on February 25th with both dubbed and subbed screenings.

The second My Hero Academia film Heroes Rising will be seeing a theatrical release on February 25th with both dubbed and subbed screenings.

My Hero Academia is that big? I wonder if it's going to be shown in my country, considering the Saint Seiya movie, PM20 and both Dragon Ball Super movies aired here. I think Bardock's special also aired here if I recall correctly.

The Ni no Kuni anime film based off of the RPG video game series is up on Netflix with a dub produced by Bang Zoom and voice directed by Wendee Lee.

View: https://twitter.com/jrpictures/status/1217723670988148737?s=21

Awww yeah! Gonna watch it first thing this weekend! I love Wendee Lee's work, both in voice acting and in her recent directing works. Normally her dubs tend to be great (With some exceptions such as Love Hina, but that one was way out of her control). She worked on the dubs of Outlaw Star and many of the later Tales games such as Zestiria and Berseria.

What's Interspecies Reviewers?
It's just about a male human, elf, and angel traveling a fantasy world and reviews brothels of different fantasy races and gives their ratings of their experience, hence the title. Not surprisingly it's roots started out as an R18 comic on Pixiv. So yeah this series is definitely a big hit or miss for most, though why Funimation even bothered to get license for it, dub (I think) one episode and then drop it I don't know, it's not like this series tries to hide what it is.

It's just about a male human, elf, and angel traveling a fantasy world and reviews brothels of different fantasy races and gives their ratings of their experience, hence the title. Not surprisingly it's roots started out as an R18 comic on Pixiv. So yeah this series is definitely a big hit or miss for most, though why Funimation even bothered to get license for it, dub (I think) one episode and then drop it I don't know, it's not like this series tries to hide what it is.
Funny how they pull the exact same thing that 4Kids did to One Piece. Maybe they wanted the license to another anime and had to take that one as part of a deal?

Also, this goes to the list of controversies that I read about Funimation.

WHOA! Lara Jill Miller?! She's back working in anime again?! Oh my God, HALLELUJAH!!! I missed her so much! Still wonder why she never reprised her role as Kari in the Digimon movies, but I don't care at this point!!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

We have finally gotten a small little taster of what the new NYAV Post dub for Gundam Seed sounds like.

View: https://twitter.com/nozomient/status/1235233543774597120?s=21

The already announced cast includes Max Mittelman as Kira Yamato, Chris Hackney as Athrun Zala, Erica Mendez as Flay Allster, Lucien Dodge as Sai Argyle, Cassandra Lee Morris as Flay, Colin DePaula as Tolle Koenig, Eddy Lee as Kuzzey Buskirk, Tom Wayland as Mu La Flaga, Carrie Keranen as Murrure Ramius (also voice director), Lisa Ortiz as Natarle Badgiruel, Daman Mills as Yzak Joule, Christian La Monte as Dalida Lolaha Chandra II, Ben Pronsky as Arnold Neumann, Chris Niosi as Romero Pal, Daniel J. Edwards as Jackie Tonomura, Kevin T. Collins as Ray Le Creuset, Johnny Yong Bosch as Dearka Elsman, Casey Mongillo as Nicol Amalfi, Cherami Leigh as Cagalli Yula Athha and Sandy Fox as Haro.

Altered Carbon: Resleeved (the anime film that ties into the sci-fi series) is up on Netflix. Voice directed and with a script adaptation by Todd Haberkorn, it's also Keywords Studio's first anime dub for Netflix.
latest

Back
Top Bottom